B1

theonlyway

December 2020 I went on LDN that a pharmacist prescribed me. Around April I upped my dose and a bunch of symptoms arrived such as shakey, awful fatigue, diarrhea, nausea. I stopped and slowly felt better. End of May I tested positive for Lyme and 5 coinfections. I was prescribed azithromycin 500mg a day for 3 weeks last June/July. Around Sept I started developing dizzy/vertigo spells and feeling off balance. I’ve had these things happen off and on since. Docs just say vertigo.

After searching around I see there is a correlation between thiamine deficiency and many of the symptoms I have. I then searched azithromycin and thiamin and see that can further deplete b1. Are there common factors that deplete b1? Do the other b vitamins play a role with its status? What blood tests would I want (tdp)? I felt like between the LDN and the azithromycin it inflamed my system and caused some neurological things. Optic nerve inflamed a little, jittery, anxiety, foggy, off balance, random bouts of nausea, etc.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it. Trying to navigate things is hard with brain fog

mostlylurking

December 2020 I went on LDN that a pharmacist prescribed me. Around April I upped my dose and a bunch of symptoms arrived such as shakey, awful fatigue, diarrhea, nausea. I stopped and slowly felt better. End of May I tested positive for Lyme and 5 coinfections. I was prescribed azithromycin 500mg a day for 3 weeks last June/July. Around Sept I started developing dizzy/vertigo spells and feeling off balance. I’ve had these things happen off and on since. Docs just say vertigo.

After searching around I see there is a correlation between thiamine deficiency and many of the symptoms I have. I then searched azithromycin and thiamin and see that can further deplete b1. Are there common factors that deplete b1? Do the other b vitamins play a role with its status? What blood tests would I want (tdp)? I felt like between the LDN and the azithromycin it inflamed my system and caused some neurological things. Optic nerve inflamed a little, jittery, anxiety, foggy, off balance, random bouts of nausea, etc.

Thanks in advance. I appreciate it. Trying to navigate things is hard with brain fog
Some common factors that use or deplete B1 or block its function: alcohol consumption, coffee, tea, sugar, carbohydrates, heavy metals toxicity, many pharmaceutical drugs including many antibiotics; also gut disbiosis, poor digestion, thiaminase foods like raw fish and betel nuts, and genetic issues relating to enzymes that use thiamine as a cofactor. I'm sure this list is not complete.

My own issue is heavy metals toxicity with a topping of Bactrim antibiotic which damn near finished me off; it took many months to recover from the Bactrim experience. The heavy metals is pretty much a life long situation that I think makes me more vulnerable to thiamine deficiency. I take high dose thiamine hcl. TTFD thiamine didn't work for me because I'm low in glutathione.

If you do better learning via videos, spend time watching the thiamine videos on Elliot Overton's youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/EONutrition/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid Start with the oldest ones about thiamine and work your through. He has some excellent videos about thiamine.

Elliot contributes articles to HormonesMatter.com as does Dr. Derrick Lonsdale; this site has excellent information about thiamine: You searched for thiamine - Hormones Matter

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4409/10/10/2595/htm excellent article by Dr. Chandler Marrs and Dr. Derrick Lonsdale

other videos I found helpful:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3fLHpA6CKQ

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVXFqiPDwE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkKmiZkiEPI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3m3tbEGU0

magnesiumania

Some common factors that use or deplete B1 or block its function: alcohol consumption, coffee, tea, sugar, carbohydrates, heavy metals toxicity, many pharmaceutical drugs including many antibiotics; also gut disbiosis, poor digestion, thiaminase foods like raw fish and betel nuts, and genetic issues relating to enzymes that use thiamine as a cofactor. I'm sure this list is not complete.

My own issue is heavy metals toxicity with a topping of Bactrim antibiotic which damn near finished me off; it took many months to recover from the Bactrim experience. The heavy metals is pretty much a life long situation that I think makes me more vulnerable to thiamine deficiency. I take high dose thiamine hcl. TTFD thiamine didn't work for me because I'm low in glutathione.

If you do better learning via videos, spend time watching the thiamine videos on Elliot Overton's youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/EONutrition/videos?view=0&sort=da&flow=grid Start with the oldest ones about thiamine and work your through. He has some excellent videos about thiamine.

Elliot contributes articles to HormonesMatter.com as does Dr. Derrick Lonsdale; this site has excellent information about thiamine: You searched for thiamine - Hormones Matter

Hiding in Plain Sight: Modern Thiamine Deficiency excellent article by Dr. Chandler Marrs and Dr. Derrick Lonsdale

I think your intolerance to TTFD will pass with time.....i think it only temporarily depletes it....

mostlylurking

I think your intolerance to TTFD will pass with time.....i think it only temporarily depletes it....
I think the TTFD requires glutathione to work and it will continue to use glutathione to work. I think that the thing that needs to change is an improved supply of glutathione. The headache was too severe for me to willingly chance bringing it on again without knowing in advance my glutathione status. Thiamine hcl is said to improve that status. I'm scheduled to get my glutathione level tested. It has been deficient for years; I guess I'll find out if high dose thiamine hcl has improved my level of glutathione.

magnesiumania

Well you only need a little glutathione to cleave the thiamine off inside the cell i believe. It tends to lower your status but as i said with repeated use glutathione goes up and levels normalize. This i how i understand it and is very much in line with my experience. I used it for many months and only after a month did i get the full effects, To me only TTFD worked while HCL did NOTHING. If you experience headaches you may split/break a capsule and divide into smaller piles.

P

Peatness

I didn't know Elliot Overton owned objective nutrients. Love the fact that thiamax is filler free. Great interview

magnesiumania

Yeah Elliot bring an important and often overlooked piece to the table that haøpen to improve lives around including my own. I quit taking it for a long time which i think is a good think and let the body develop without supplements for period but ill admit i feel better when taking daily doses of TTFD =)

OP
T

theonlyway

Hiding in Plain Sight: Modern Thiamine Deficiency excellent article by Dr. Chandler Marrs and Dr. Derrick Lonsdale

Thank you for all this content and info. I’ve been scouring it for the past week which is why I haven’t responded. It’s wild and wracking my brain. I am currently only supplementing with a-acetyl glutathione and am looking for low dose complex to start. I don’t want to encourage more symptoms so I’m going to try going low (1-5mg hcl) and titrate up. When I get to 150-200mg I will switch to 50mg ttfd. I will include include low dose magnesium and potassium then titrate that up as well. Currently have 50mg glycinate and have separate bicarbonate also. I feel this will be a good start.
I did a podcast with Elliot Overton here specifically about B1:

View: https://youtu.be/d5GSI-8fKrk

I watched that as well as the Chandler Marrs interview. It was really good. I appreciate your content. I’m going to start the protocol mentioned above. Would appreciate your opinion. Thank you for the response and content

mostlylurking

Thank you for all this content and info. I’ve been scouring it for the past week which is why I haven’t responded. It’s wild and wracking my brain. I am currently only supplementing with a-acetyl glutathione and am looking for low dose complex to start. I don’t want to encourage more symptoms so I’m going to try going low (1-5mg hcl) and titrate up. When I get to 150-200mg I will switch to 50mg ttfd. I will include include low dose magnesium and potassium then titrate that up as well. Currently have 50mg glycinate and have separate bicarbonate also. I feel this will be a good start.

I watched that as well as the Chandler Marrs interview. It was really good. I appreciate your content. I’m going to start the protocol mentioned above. Would appreciate your opinion. Thank you for the response and content
FWIW, here's my opinion re your plan:

Thiamine hcl is known to not get through the gut lining very well, especially if you have any gut issues, which is why the doses for it are so much higher vs. the TTFD type of thiamine. Even though the doses for the hcl type of thiamine are so much higher, it is considered a safe supplement. There are no poisonings/deaths from it. The body only holds onto thiamine hcl for a couple of hours, you pee the rest out. There is also mention of the body holding onto small amounts of thiamine for a couple of weeks which is why you don't die instantly from a thiamine deficiency.

I don't think that a minuscule amount of thiamine hcl (1-5mg) will be much help in correcting anything. Sorry, I think you'd need a higher dose to do anything positive, but the low dose is a place to start I guess.

I had been supplementing with 100mg thiamine hcl 2Xday for 6 years, then got slammed via Bactrim antibiotic (blocks thiamine function), then supplemented with maybe 300mg thiamine hcl 2Xday for several weeks before trying the TTFD. The TTFD gave me a headache. My glutathione has been low, showing high oxidative stress for many years, I think due to heavy metal toxicity. I have never had a negative effect from taking high dose thiamine hcl, except when I took 2.5 grams to test if I was taking my optimum dose; at that higher dose, I got electrical zapping pains in my thighs when I tried to go to sleep that night. So I backed my dose down to 2 grams/day and am convinced it is my optimum dose (no negative side effects, major positive improvements).

I think you are wise to try to correct the glutathione deficiency but I don't know how successful glutathione supplementation will be; there are conflicting reports. Oxidative stress uses up glutathione. Thiamine supplementation lowers oxidative stress. It makes sense that this would improve glutathione status. Elliot Oliver has said that glutathione status can be improved via taking thiamine hcl. He didn't say how much or for how long or how it does that.
Found these on glutathione: Randomized controlled trial of oral glutathione supplementation on body stores of glutathione - PubMed (positive) and this: Effects of oral glutathione supplementation on systemic oxidative stress biomarkers in human volunteers - PubMed (negative; no improvement) Be aware that "liposomal" means questionable fatty acids (PUFA).

Mercury (and possibly other heavy metals i.e. lead) are attracted to part of the thiamine molecule and bond to it, thereby breaking it apart. This is why people with heavy metal poisoning benefit from taking thiamine and need more than the RDA. Everyone accumulates heavy metals throughout their lifetimes, which increases oxidative stress.

The safest way to supplement potassium is to just drink some orange juice. The safest way to supplement glycine is to consume gelatin, not glycine as a supplement. I have no idea if acetyl glutathione is safe or not. There's lots of it for sale, but not much info on pubmed: acetyl glutathione - Search Results - PubMed

OP
T

theonlyway

FWIW, here's my opinion re your plan:

Thiamine hcl is known to not get through the gut lining very well, especially if you have any gut issues, which is why the doses for it are so much higher vs. the TTFD type of thiamine. Even though the doses for the hcl type of thiamine are so much higher, it is considered a safe supplement. There are no poisonings/deaths from it. The body only holds onto thiamine hcl for a couple of hours, you pee the rest out. There is also mention of the body holding onto small amounts of thiamine for a couple of weeks which is why you don't die instantly from a thiamine deficiency.

I don't think that a minuscule amount of thiamine hcl (1-5mg) will be much help in correcting anything. Sorry, I think you'd need a higher dose to do anything positive, but the low dose is a place to start I guess.

I had been supplementing with 100mg thiamine hcl 2Xday for 6 years, then got slammed via Bactrim antibiotic (blocks thiamine function), then supplemented with maybe 300mg thiamine hcl 2Xday for several weeks before trying the TTFD. The TTFD gave me a headache. My glutathione has been low, showing high oxidative stress for many years, I think due to heavy metal toxicity. I have never had a negative effect from taking high dose thiamine hcl, except when I took 2.5 grams to test if I was taking my optimum dose; at that higher dose, I got electrical zapping pains in my thighs when I tried to go to sleep that night. So I backed my dose down to 2 grams/day and am convinced it is my optimum dose (no negative side effects, major positive improvements).

I think you are wise to try to correct the glutathione deficiency but I don't know how successful glutathione supplementation will be; there are conflicting reports. Oxidative stress uses up glutathione. Thiamine supplementation lowers oxidative stress. It makes sense that this would improve glutathione status. Elliot Oliver has said that glutathione status can be improved via taking thiamine hcl. He didn't say how much or for how long or how it does that.
Found these on glutathione: Randomized controlled trial of oral glutathione supplementation on body stores of glutathione - PubMed (positive) and this: Effects of oral glutathione supplementation on systemic oxidative stress biomarkers in human volunteers - PubMed (negative; no improvement) Be aware that "liposomal" means questionable fatty acids (PUFA).

Mercury (and possibly other heavy metals i.e. lead) are attracted to part of the thiamine molecule and bond to it, thereby breaking it apart. This is why people with heavy metal poisoning benefit from taking thiamine and need more than the RDA. Everyone accumulates heavy metals throughout their lifetimes, which increases oxidative stress.

The safest way to supplement potassium is to just drink some orange juice. The safest way to supplement glycine is to consume gelatin, not glycine as a supplement. I have no idea if acetyl glutathione is safe or not. There's lots of it for sale, but not much info on pubmed: acetyl glutathione - Search Results - PubMed
Thank you for your feedback. Highly appreciated. My low doses were based off Dr Marrs interview. She said some have a hard time tolerating at first and may start on hcl and once they feel better they can switch to ttfd. This off balance feeling sucks and I just don’t want to worsen anything. I have 3 kids and need to get better. Maybe I’ll start higher around 25-50mg for a week and titrate. OJ may be doable with the thiamine but wonder if it will conflict with it. Chandler says sugar can increase even more need for thiamine. Drinking lots of oj and fruit and I ended up 40lbs heavier and fatty liver. I’ve been staying under 200 grams and supplemented testosterone and I’ve lost 50lbs.

The s-acetyl was recommended from my pharmacist. He said it’s the only oral form where he’s seen it improve status. I’ll stop it after this bottle and get back to gelatin. Now it’s trying to find a decent complex or separate b1 with a complex. I wish doctors did better. It would be nice to have for certain answers and not be left trying to navigate through the fog.

Hope you are well

mostlylurking

Thank you for your feedback. Highly appreciated. My low doses were based off Dr Marrs interview. She said some have a hard time tolerating at first and may start on hcl and once they feel better they can switch to ttfd.
Dr. Marrs is a big fan of TTFD. I've learned that the information you learn regarding TTFD can be extrapolated to thiamine hcl. They like to say that the TTFD is the only one that crosses the blood/brain barrier. That simply isn't true. If the dose of thiamine hcl is high enough to flood your system, it goes through the blood/brain barrier just fine. In other words, there's really no need to switch to ttfd; you can simply stay on thiamine hcl if you find that TTFD causes you problems.
This off balance feeling sucks and I just don’t want to worsen anything.
Are you having difficulty walking? Are you running into walls? Classic thiamine deficiency symptom.
I have 3 kids and need to get better. Maybe I’ll start higher around 25-50mg for a week and titrate.
If you are consuming ZERO sugar, coffee, tea, sweet things in general, maybe that little dose of thiamine hcl might be helpful. Maybe. Do NOT take thiamine hcl with juice. Always take it with plain water.
OJ may be doable with the thiamine but wonder if it will conflict with it.
Dr. Costantini specifies to only take thiamine hcl with water, never with juice. Taking it with juice cancels it out. Orange juice should be consumed at a different time.
Chandler says sugar can increase even more need for thiamine.
Yes. But there's no "can" about it. Sugar depletes thiamine.
Drinking lots of oj and fruit and I ended up 40lbs heavier and fatty liver. I’ve been staying under 200 grams and supplemented testosterone and I’ve lost 50lbs.
Sounds like you have a thiamine deficiency/functional blockage. You have been staying under 200 grams of what exactly? Sugar?

Are you male or female?
The s-acetyl was recommended from my pharmacist. He said it’s the only oral form where he’s seen it improve status. I’ll stop it after this bottle and get back to gelatin.
S-acetyl- and S-phenylacetyl-glutathione as glutathione precursors in rat plasma and tissue preparations - PubMed "A potential role of S-acetyl- and S-phenylacetyl-glutathione in replenishing cells with exogenous glutathione is envisaged." "Envisaged" = To conceive an image or a picture of, especially as a future possibility.
Are you getting your glutathione levels tested via a physician? Is this pharmacist watching people's glutathione levels via bloodwork? I'm scheduled for blood work in a couple of weeks; the glutathione test costs $95.00. Gelatin is a good source for glycine; no mention of it being a good source for glutathione.

Now it’s trying to find a decent complex or separate b1 with a complex.
If you are having balance issues, you might be dangerously B1 deficient. It is my understanding that if you are supplementing high dose thiamine hcl, a magnesium supplement and a good B-complex are helpful.

Although I found the knowledge base of Dr. Chandler Marrs, Dr. Derrick Lonsdale, and Elliot Overton extremely helpful, I found the knowledge of Dr. Costantini the most helpful, mainly because I can't tolerate TTFD and I believe orange juice and milk are important in my diet. Dr. Costantini successfully treated over 4,000 patients suffering from Parkinson's Disease using thiamine hcl. Here is his website: HDT Therapy This page has a wealth of information about using thiamine hcl. In addition, the FAQs page here FAQ is very helpful. Diet is discussed and reasonable advice provided. Also, Dr. Costantini's research papers are located here: Published Study Articles
I wish doctors did better. It would be nice to have for certain answers and not be left trying to navigate through the fog.
Doctors don't get training in nutrition or vitamins in medical school. Ray Peat's knowledge has been enormously helpful. Here are two search engines for your consideration:
PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless use the cell on the left to search Ray Peat's articles.

Try looking up "glutathione"; skip over the links that are not on Ray Peat's site.

Bioenergetic Search use this one to search the audio interviews.
also this: Ray Peat On Vitamin B1 - Thiamine

Nebula

Dr. Marrs is a big fan of TTFD. I've learned that the information you learn regarding TTFD can be extrapolated to thiamine hcl. They like to say that the TTFD is the only one that crosses the blood/brain barrier. That simply isn't true. If the dose of thiamine hcl is high enough to flood your system, it goes through the blood/brain barrier just fine. In other words, there's really no need to switch to ttfd; you can simply stay on thiamine hcl if you find that TTFD causes you problems.

Are you having difficulty walking? Are you running into walls? Classic thiamine deficiency symptom.

If you are consuming ZERO sugar, coffee, tea, sweet things in general, maybe that little dose of thiamine hcl might be helpful. Maybe. Do NOT take thiamine hcl with juice. Always take it with plain water.

Dr. Costantini specifies to only take thiamine hcl with water, never with juice. Taking it with juice cancels it out. Orange juice should be consumed at a different time.

Yes. But there's no "can" about it. Sugar depletes thiamine.

Sounds like you have a thiamine deficiency/functional blockage. You have been staying under 200 grams of what exactly? Sugar?

Are you male or female?

S-acetyl- and S-phenylacetyl-glutathione as glutathione precursors in rat plasma and tissue preparations - PubMed "A potential role of S-acetyl- and S-phenylacetyl-glutathione in replenishing cells with exogenous glutathione is envisaged." "Envisaged" = To conceive an image or a picture of, especially as a future possibility.
Are you getting your glutathione levels tested via a physician? Is this pharmacist watching people's glutathione levels via bloodwork? I'm scheduled for blood work in a couple of weeks; the glutathione test costs $95.00. Gelatin is a good source for glycine; no mention of it being a good source for glutathione.

If you are having balance issues, you might be dangerously B1 deficient. It is my understanding that if you are supplementing high dose thiamine hcl, a magnesium supplement and a good B-complex are helpful.

Although I found the knowledge base of Dr. Chandler Marrs, Dr. Derrick Lonsdale, and Elliot Overton extremely helpful, I found the knowledge of Dr. Costantini the most helpful, mainly because I can't tolerate TTFD and I believe orange juice and milk are important in my diet. Dr. Costantini successfully treated over 4,000 patients suffering from Parkinson's Disease using thiamine hcl. Here is his website: HDT Therapy This page has a wealth of information about using thiamine hcl. In addition, the FAQs page here FAQ is very helpful. Diet is discussed and reasonable advice provided. Also, Dr. Costantini's research papers are located here: Published Study Articles

Doctors don't get training in nutrition or vitamins in medical school. Ray Peat's knowledge has been enormously helpful. Here are two search engines for your consideration:
PeatSearch: a Ray Peat-specific search engine - Toxinless use the cell on the left to search Ray Peat's articles.

Try looking up "glutathione"; skip over the links that are not on Ray Peat's site.

Bioenergetic Search use this one to search the audio interviews.
also this: Ray Peat On Vitamin B1 - Thiamine
Do you use the life giving store b1? What dose do you think made a positive effect for you?

OP
T

theonlyway

No difficulty walking. General feeling off balance. Like similar when you drink a little too much. Brain fog. Then random vertigo and random tinnitus that last for 10 second or so which I read common with thiamine deficiency.
Carbs. I stay around 100-130 protein, 150-200 carb, 50-80 fat.
Are you getting your glutathione levels tested via a physician? Is this pharmacist watching people's glutathione levels via bloodwork?
I’ve never had them tested.

Some of these symptoms started when I was tweaking low dose naltrexone that this pharmacist put me on. For awhile I felt amazing but when I upped the dose, symptoms started happening and I stopped. I was jittery, bad fatigue where I had to sleep, nausea, gi issues, fight or flight.

Then a couple months laters tested positive for Lyme and 5 coinfections and was put on azithromycin 500mg a day for 3 weeks. It wrecked my gut and I got more symptoms after. I’ve had lots of bad anxiety and fight or flight since. Random nausea. Bad digestive. Then started getting off balance and vertigo.

I’m only cautious about the thiamin because I don’t want to cause more symptoms and get palpitations. I’m dealing with post combat ptsd crap on top of this stuff so I’m trying to do the best I can. I wish I could find a competent doc to do iv thiamin under supervision. I think I have b2 deficiency as well due to red patches I get and never ending dandruff.

I appreciate your responses. I’m glad to learn and want to build a protocol for myself. Thank you

mostlylurking

Do you use the life giving store b1? What dose do you think made a positive effect for you?
I use the pure bulk powder thiamine hcl from bulksupplements.com. Sometimes they run out of stock; then I buy the pure bulk powder from purebulk.com

I originally saw improvements when I took 100mg 2Xday. However, after the Bactrim antibiotic debacle summer of 2020, I experienced a thiamine functional blockage and needed a lot more thiamine hcl to recover from that and then just to maintain my health. It was after this thiamine functional blockage that I worked my way up to 2 grams/day.

I believe the amount of thiamine needed is dependent on multiple variables. These include: heavy metals (mercury, lead, etc) stored in the body, which gut bacteria predominates (the ones that make thiamine or the ones that make thiaminase), gut health (the small intestine where thiamine is absorbed), the amount of thiaminase in the diet, exposure to things that block thiamine function (like pharmaceutical drugs, including antibiotics, coffee, black tea, more), how much starch and sugar is in the diet (glucose requires thiamine to be used to make energy via the mitochondria).

mostlylurking

No difficulty walking. General feeling off balance. Like similar when you drink a little too much. Brain fog. Then random vertigo and random tinnitus that last for 10 second or so which I read common with thiamine deficiency.
Yes, sounds like it could be a thiamine deficiency/functional blockage.
Carbs. I stay around 100-130 protein, 150-200 carb, 50-80 fat.
Are you consuming dairy? Are you drinking orange juice? If yes, are you including these good sugars in your total count for carbs?
I’ve never had them tested.
If you never had glutathione tested, it might not be a great idea to focus on it alone to solve a problem. Reading Ray Peat's articles that mention glutathione would be helpful. The oxidative stress part of the equation would be better to zero in on. If you can lower that, other things will right themselves.
Some of these symptoms started when I was tweaking low dose naltrexone that this pharmacist put me on. For awhile I felt amazing but when I upped the dose, symptoms started happening and I stopped. I was jittery, bad fatigue where I had to sleep, nausea, gi issues, fight or flight.
Naltrexone is used for alcohol/drug abuse; alcohol consumption really does a number on thiamine; it is the #1 thing doctors assume causes thiamine problems which to me is really short sighted because there are lots of things that interfere with thiamine function. I posted a response above to @Nebula where I list some of these things.

Here's a link to a discussion about Wernicke's Encephalopathy . There's also Wernicke/Korsakoff syndrome. It really irritates me that the medical industry blames these things on alcohol abuse, which granted, can cause them, but the issue is thiamine deficiency/functional blockage which can be caused by lots of things, not the least of which are pharmaceutical drugs and mercury amalgam dental fillings and old house renovation dust.
Then a couple months laters tested positive for Lyme and 5 coinfections and was put on azithromycin 500mg a day for 3 weeks. It wrecked my gut and I got more symptoms after. I’ve had lots of bad anxiety and fight or flight since. Random nausea. Bad digestive. Then started getting off balance and vertigo.
This really does sound like thiamine deficiency. I went through the same gut reaction after taking the Bactrim antibiotic. My gut was a mess, my oxidative metabolism went in the ditch, I packed on 25 pounds in about 6 weeks, I was overwhelmed with inflammation (lactic acidosis), I couldn't walk straight, I was sick like this for months. I finally was able to turn things around by taking thiamine hcl and magnesium glycinate and a good b-complex, 90mg niacinamide + 90mg riboflavin 4Xday. I had been taking 100mg thiamine hcl for about 6 years before this time; it was no longer enough to fix me. I slowly increased the dosage from 250mg 2Xday up to 2 grams thiamine hcl 2Xday over a period of 3 months. I did the increase this slowly because I didn't have a doctor. Dr. Costantini just put his patients on the 2 grams, but he was watching them closely. His site is filled with practical information, I found it very helpful.
I’m only cautious about the thiamin because I don’t want to cause more symptoms and get palpitations. I’m dealing with post combat ptsd crap on top of this stuff so I’m trying to do the best I can. I wish I could find a competent doc to do iv thiamin under supervision. I think I have b2 deficiency as well due to red patches I get and never ending dandruff.
If you do a search for "ptsd and thiamine deficiency" there are a lot of interesting results. Are you in the US? Are you getting help from the VA? Lots of diagnoses of "PTSD and thiamine deficiency". Since they inject a lot of things into servicemen before shipping them off to combat, it makes sense that there could be thiamine functional blockage caused by the adjuvants in the injections.
I appreciate your responses. I’m glad to learn and want to build a protocol for myself. Thank you
You're welcome. Please understand that I'm not a physician, I've just been sick a lot and have managed to find the key for my personal recovery. I think that thiamine deficiency/functional blockage is a huge deal and that it is much more common than doctors imagine.

Hang in there and keep researching. You may be able to find a doctor that can help you but it is extremely important that you arm yourself with knowledge so that you can protect yourself from medical arrogance and ignorance. Understand that patented pharmaceutical drugs are by definition toxic because they are not found in nature.

You may be able to have better luck finding a doctor if you focus on "functional medicine" doctors. This organization might be helpful: Welcome To Orthomolecular.org However, this group are big believers in chelation therapy, which can be great if the doctor knows what they are doing. It can be really dangerous if precautions aren't carefully followed. The last time I got chelated, I was thiamine deficient (unknown at the time -nobody bothered to check), was chelated for lead poisoning, and wound up with rheumatoid arthritis; lucky they didn't kill me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals