Post Your Experience With B1 Here.

E

eat my peat

Bananas are best picked before ripe. It would be a complete waste of resources to pick ripe as then they only last a few days. It doesn't change all that much about the fruit thankfully unlike a melon or apple which have to be ripe from the vine or tree.
did not know this... thank you.

but EATING bananas, they should be super super ripe and spotty... right?

InChristAlone

did not know this... thank you.

but EATING bananas, they should be super super ripe and spotty... right?
As soon as they get yellow you can start eating them, the longer you wait the more starches turn to sugars, but also the more the fruit itself is starting to break down probably producing more amines, so it's whatever your system likes better.

Dr. B

Although I have undergone over 100 chelation treatments for heavy metal poisoning in the past 35 years, I do not consider myself an expert. However, I do know that iron is problematic. I remember that when I was first chelated in 1994 I was so anemic that my doctor considered hospitalizing me to give me blood transfusions. But he decided against it. I recovered in a few months and avoided the transfusion. Heavy metals are toxic. Iron is considered a heavy metal. Other heavy metals include mercury, cadmium, lead, aluminum, arsenic, et. al. The problem with them is that your body can't get rid of them and so they accumulate over time and add to your toxin load. If your body is overloaded with toxins, you get sick. Minimizing toxin load is key to being healthy.

Copper is helpful but taking supplements of it are iffy. I follow Ray Peat's advice and eat shellfish weekly. Iron is really hard to avoid; Ray Peat suggests drinking coffee when eating muscle meat to help minimize the amount of iron absorbed from the meat. I very rarely eat muscle meat.
yeah but you dont think iron is essential? Peat thinks it's still essential, he's said pure milk drinkers would need to supplement iron eventually, whereas people who are overloaded with it obviously don't need to worry about getting enough. I don't think mercury, cadmium and those other things are comparable to iron, they may all be considered essential metals but iron is apparently an essential heavy metal whereas those other ones aren't essential or needed for any functions.

mostlylurking

yeah but you dont think iron is essential? Peat thinks it's still essential, he's said pure milk drinkers would need to supplement iron eventually, whereas people who are overloaded with it obviously don't need to worry about getting enough. I don't think mercury, cadmium and those other things are comparable to iron, they may all be considered essential metals but iron is apparently an essential heavy metal whereas those other ones aren't essential or needed for any functions.
I'll go with what Ray Peat says. There are lots of food sources for iron; liver and shellfish are two.

I think that, at least in the USA, iron overload is a more common issue than iron deficiency (except for vegetarians). I think iron overload causes health problems.

Symptoms, signs and diseases resulting from too much iron (iron overload):
  • chronic fatigue
  • joint pain
  • abdominal pain
  • liver disease (cirrhosis, liver cancer)
  • diabetes mellitus
  • irregular heart rhythm
  • heart attack or heart failure
  • skin color changes (bronze, ashen-gray green)
  • loss of period
  • loss of interest in sex
  • osteoarthritis
  • osteoporosis
  • hair loss
  • enlarged liver or spleen
  • impotence
  • infertility
  • hypogonadism
  • hypothyroidism
  • hypopituitarism
  • depression
  • adrenal function problems
  • early onset neurodegenerative disease
  • elevated blood sugar
  • elevated liver enzymes
  • elevated iron (serum iron, serum ferritin)
source link: Iron Overload (IO) | Iron Disorders Institute

Dr. B

I'll go with what Ray Peat says. There are lots of food sources for iron; liver and shellfish are two.

I think that, at least in the USA, iron overload is a more common issue than iron deficiency (except for vegetarians). I think iron overload causes health problems.

Symptoms, signs and diseases resulting from too much iron (iron overload):
  • chronic fatigue
  • joint pain
  • abdominal pain
  • liver disease (cirrhosis, liver cancer)
  • diabetes mellitus
  • irregular heart rhythm
  • heart attack or heart failure
  • skin color changes (bronze, ashen-gray green)
  • loss of period
  • loss of interest in sex
  • osteoarthritis
  • osteoporosis
  • hair loss
  • enlarged liver or spleen
  • impotence
  • infertility
  • hypogonadism
  • hypothyroidism
  • hypopituitarism
  • depression
  • adrenal function problems
  • early onset neurodegenerative disease
  • elevated blood sugar
  • elevated liver enzymes
  • elevated iron (serum iron, serum ferritin)
source link: Iron Overload (IO) | Iron Disorders Institute
definitely mate, in US, bread is enriched, many vitamins have iron in them, it adds up to a lot, especially with meat added on.
with Peaters its possible to become deficient in certain people if they're doing a Maasai type diet of mostly milk or dairy with very minimal meat and bread consumption

Jing

High-dose thiamin therapy is generally well-tolerated.
There are studies where they used between 3 to 8 grams of thiamin HCL for Alzheimer and 600 to 1800mg for CFS in IBS patients. No significant adverse effects were observed. In my personal experience you need more magnesium with high B1 supplementation.

I personally take 1g in the morning and 1g in the afternoon with 300-450mg of magnesiumbisglycinate with each B1 dose.

My mother just got on 2 x 500mg B1 + 2 x 300mg of magnesiumbisglycinate per day and said that she feels really energetic since then. She has autoimmune problems, celiac, rheuma, medicated hypothyroidism and chronic fatigue. She tried a lot of supplements, but she said that she felt the most profound effect from recent B1 supplementation.
I see it in her behavior really clearly. She does wake up at 7am now, where she used to sleep until 10-11am. She doesn‘t lay around much anymore, but she did it all day before. She doesn‘t have vertigo and nerve tingling anymore.
8 grams? I've tried up to 6 grams with no noticeable effect perhaps I need more?

Dr. B

@Hans thought id post here as i dont remember where it was being discussed but I asked dr Peat and he doesnt seem to agree that vitamin D3 usage depletes magnesium or potassium he said something like it helps it assimilate better, he wanted me to show him proof and explain why people are saying vitamin d3 depletes magnesium and potassium

Ismail

@Hans thought id post here as i dont remember where it was being discussed but I asked dr Peat and he doesnt seem to agree that vitamin D3 usage depletes magnesium or potassium he said something like it helps it assimilate better, he wanted me to show him proof and explain why people are saying vitamin d3 depletes magnesium and potassium
This would be very interesting to know.

@Mr.Bollox thanks for following this up ??

Hans

Forum Supporter
It doesn't deplete it, but can enhance the requirements if the dose is very high and if someone has low magnesium to begin with.

Vins7

I've had pretty good results with Thiamine HCl. I've read that the monotrate is synthetic. I am somewhat sensitive to sulfur so no TTFD, although that one is recommended by Dr. Lonsdale on his Hormone Balance website; Elliott of EON Nutrition also recommends that one as well. Experiment and see what works best. The HCl is well-tolerated, for me, anyway. I take at least 500 mg a day with a pure B1 supplement, a B complex and then Parasym Plus, for vagal nerve regulation, constipation/IBS. It has B1 and other stuff to help with IBS, constipation etc.
How is It going?

ironfist

I took 100-300mg a day for a few weeks.

Made my eyelids DRY AS ****.

Used it to try and overcome POTS post vaccine.

ironfist

Before starting and after a few weeks I had my thiamine tested. One time it was 126 on a scale of 80-180 (I'm making up the ends but it was something like that) and a month later it was 180.

Mossy

i get issues like hair loss from 500mg thiamine hcl, why is that? something like 100mg is more tolerable. i dont know if i should use it regularly
Maybe just a stress reaction by the body, as 500mg is 41,667 times the RDA. That's if you give any credence to RDAs.

Mossy

why does it dry the eyes? anti histamine effect? anti choline?
This post claims magnesium and potassium are depleted when taking B1. I've read it elsewhere as well. Maybe the dryness is due to that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals