Anxiety, Noise Anxiety, Panic Attacks

raypeatclips

The past few days I've developed noise anxiety which I have not had before. I had chest pains yesterday and shakey and dizziness and a panic attack. I think this may all be related to anxiety. How can I reduce it?

I am eating zero starch, milk, grape juice, cheese, meat, daily raw carrot, small amounts of fruits, ice cream. Around 2500 calories.

I felt as of a few days ago that things were really improving and I felt good, then the past couple of days the anxiety has been awful.

I have read low potassium is a cause of noise sensitivity so I sent off a potassium blood test earlier today as well as a magnesium RBC test to determine if I am magnesium deficient, rather than guessing about everything. Should be back by the end of the week.

Amazoniac

Please don't take my word for it since I have more questions than answers, but the magnesium craze can become counter-productive.
Some time ago I posted a link discussing how the body can adapt to very low intakes reasonably well. I have the impression that as soon as you load the system up with an abundance of magnesium, especially through the skin, it must be taxing to constantly regulate the obscene amount that keeps coming in. On top of that it must mess up with your ability to retain it.
I also posted that it's suspected that the antimicrobial activity attributed to magnesim chloride, for example, can be simply a brief stimulus in metabolism. Perhaps you couldn't keep up with other nutrients and that lead to anxiety. B-vits and potassium should be involved.

http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1988/pdf/1988-v03n04-p197.pdf

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Please don't take my word for it since I have more questions than answers, but the magnesium craze can become counter-productive.
Some time ago I posted a link discussing how the body can adapt to very low intakes reasonably well. I have the impression that as soon as you load the system up with an abundance of magnesium, especially through the skin, it must be taxing to constantly regulate the obscene amount that keeps coming in. On top of that it must mess up with your ability to retain it.
I also posted that it's suspected that the antimicrobial activity attributed to magnesim chloride, for example, can be simply a brief stimulus in metabolism. Perhaps you couldn't keep up with other nutrients and that lead to anxiety. B-vits and potassium should be involved.

Thanks. I only do around 2 baths of Epsom salt a week with 1 cup. Other days I spray about 8 sprays mag chloride on the skin, equivalent to around 100mg elemental magnesium on the skin, I am not sure I am overdoing it with the magnesium. Maybe overdoing with the magnesium studies? ;) I eat liver once a week for b vitamins and my recent potassium blood test came back normal.

Amazoniac

Thanks. I only do around 2 baths of Epsom salt a week with 1 cup. Other days I spray about 8 sprays mag chloride on the skin, equivalent to around 100mg elemental magnesium on the skin, I am not sure I am overdoing it with the magnesium. Maybe overdoing with the magnesium studies? ;) I eat liver once a week for b vitamins and my recent potassium blood test came back normal.
I think that it's valid for other members..

Djukami

If I understand it correctly, you are saying that magnesium and anxiety/panic attacks might be related, right?
If that's what you're saying, it's interesting how I had a panic attack and chest pain in the same day that I supplemented magnesium for the first time in my life.
But it was magnesium glycinate... And the day I tried gelatin, I also had a panic attack.
So I could never understand if it was because not being able to digest glycine well or if it was the magnesium. Though, I've read a couple people saying that experience the same thing and it might be related to a gene mutation where a person can't transform glycine (I wish I could find the reference now...). Or perhaps bacteria, dunno.

Also, when I did coffee enemas, I had the same chest pain and continuously sensation of initial panic attacks. I don't know what that means, but it when you are talking about antimicrobial effects, it may have sense indeed.

Amazoniac

If I understand it correctly, you are saying that magnesium and anxiety/panic attacks might be related, right?
If that's what you're saying, it's interesting how I had a panic attack and chest pain in the same day that I supplemented magnesium for the first time in my life.
But it was magnesium glycinate... And the day I tried gelatin, I also had a panic attack.
So I could never understand if it was because not being able to digest glycine well or if it was the magnesium. Though, I've read a couple people saying that experience the same thing and it might be related to a gene mutation where a person can't transform glycine (I wish I could find the reference now...)

Also, when I did coffee enemas, I had the same chest pain and continuously sensation of initial panic attacks. I don't know what that means, but it when you are talking about antimicrobial effects, it may have sense indeed.
I don't know, it all makes sense in theory.
It's the imbalance that can create the anxiety, regardless of how it started.
Our ruler mentioned leafy green broths, and it's something worth trying: pressure cook plenty of vegetables, discart the solids, you can even use those fat saparators to remove the impurities that float. Freezing in portions to substitute for the cooking wasser can be useful.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

So I could never understand if it was because not being able to digest glycine well or if it was the magnesium. Though, I've read a couple people saying that experience the same thing and it might be related to a gene mutation where a person can't transform glycine (I wish I could find the reference now...). Or perhaps bacteria, dunno.

Have you tried magnesium topically? Magnesium is notorious for irritating the gut which can cause anxiety and panic attacks. Perhaps topically would determine if it was the magnesium which was the problem or the gut irritation

Djukami

Have you tried magnesium topically? Magnesium is notorious for irritating the gut which can cause anxiety and panic attacks. Perhaps topically would determine if it was the magnesium which was the problem or the gut irritation
I never tried... I bought Magnesium Glycinate from Pure Encapsulations back then.
I may try it one day, but I don't miss at all those panic attacks :/

Also, I still think that it was magnesium that created me raynaud's disease. I may have really messed up my homeostasis how my body was regulating minerals...
Perhaps I had supplemented a combination with calcium, this wouldn't happen... Now it's too late though.

Amazoniac

raypeatclips, I forgot to mention, you were consuming a daily portion of mushrooms, right? Some of them are very good sources of copper and if you cut that all of the sudden it might have left a sudden gap that a weekly liver was not able to fill. You might adapt over time, but plenty of dairy, fructose and vit C demands a steady supply of copper. If you still consume them, I'm out of cards.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

My potassium and magnesium blood tests came back normal (before magnesium supplementation) @Amazoniac Peat agrees that magnesium could potentially cause anxiety by increasing aldosterone. I have stopped supplementation for over a week now. I was only consuming the mushrooms regularly for about 2 weeks and that was several months ago. Still getting weekly liver.

Anxiety is still strong, would appreciate any other advice.

InChristAlone

I agree on magnesium being able to throw off the balance. I don't supp it at all in the last 7 months and anxiety continues to go down and down. If it does rise up I do an enema. I release some biolfilm and then it goes away.

marcar72

I came across this article when googling "beta alanine insomnia" and it reminded me of this post about the noise anxiety. You may want to check it out

Beta Alanine for Hypersensitivity, Agitation and Mood - a Useful Adjunct to Freddd's Protocol.

There are some threads on here about beta alanine being Peat friendly along with taurine. The article explains the possible GABA agonist activity that beta alanine has as the mechanism of action. Beta alanine in theory could also mop up any extra histidine in the brain I would guess since it's used in conjunction to make carnosine. So a couple possible mechanism of actions there from the way I see it.

Beta alanine is also supposed to help lower serotonin in the brain, which would be good I suppose. Haidut I think has an article here on the site about that if you want to check it out.

Djukami

I agree on magnesium being able to throw off the balance. I don't supp it at all in the last 7 months and anxiety continues to go down and down. If it does rise up I do an enema. I release some biolfilm and then it goes away.
What form of magnesium did you take?
I still wasn't able to recover from raynauds ever since supplementing magnesium though (it has been 8 months)... it seems that my body created this new homeostasis. Can't walk barefoot like I used too :(

InChristAlone

I did all kinds Epsom salt bath, mag glycinate sometimes mag bicarbonate, ionic mag, then finally apply mag oil which made me feel terrible with just a touch!

mamaglee

I was in a group with Dr. Amy Yasko on methylation where she said that bone broth and fermented products could produce endotoxins in people who had certain genetic variants. At that time, I avoided collagen and gelatin, but now I include ones without tryptophan, and don't have any noticeable problems with that. I am homozygous C677T plus have a lot of other methyl pathways blocks when these genes are expressing. I'm not out of the woods but I don't seem to have a problem with gelatin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals