Slight social anxiety, no idea of the absolute cause

Yasin

Hi,

I want to discuss an issue that has been bothering me for quite a long time. I am hoping that you guys can advise me regarding the best approach to deal with this issue which I will mention soon. I have this "slight social anxiety" which I can't pinpoint the root cause for it. I will do my best to describe this issue that I'm having.

A few years ago before I started taking supplements, I had virtually no social anxiety whatsoever. I was calm, confident and had no social anxiety whatsoever whether that be with conversing with individuals or large groups etcetera. Recently, I've observed that when conversing with someone I have slight nervousness and my eye contact can waver and in addition to that when I go to places which are crowded and have a lot of people, I feel my "flight or fight" mode kick in. My heart rate increases rapidly, I feel shaky and can't remain calm. Not only that, I seem to be quite sensitive to sounds too. When someone calls me on my mobile, my body reacts to it and has this slight feeling of anxiety (this never happened before). When someone knocks on the door the same reaction occurs. Again, I want to emphasise that this never occured before. Before, I was just calm, absolutely calm. Zero anxiety or social anxiety. Now I have this social anxiety which I'd rate 2 or 3 out of 10 that has remained.

The main recent changes I made was taking a mens multivitamin. This multivitamin is called Wellman Original (by Vitabiotics). Intially, upon taking this supplement I felt good and had no issues but some months after I noticed that I was in a continuous state of "slight nerves". I suspected it was the 1 mg Copper found in the supplement causing it. I then took 25 mg Zinc and then 1 day later the feelings of having "slight nerves" went away. However, unfortunately after a few months of use the anxiety returned. It's a bit difficult to describe this feeling of having "slight nerves" all the time but I'll do my best to describe it. It's like whether I'm in my house alone or outside, I don't feel completely calm physically. If that makes sense. I always feel jittery physically regardless whether I am at home or outdoors. I have no mental worries whatosever, I physically seem to be in a continous state of having "slight nerves" as described previously.

The obvious advice would be to stop using the supplements and assess how I feel and I am in the process of doing that. It's quite an unusual experience of having this feeling of anxiety and wondering has anyone else been affected by this?

Has anyone felt this way taking supplements and was cured upon stopping use?

Many thanks for your assistance.

stoic

How does your diet look like?

Eating sugar killed my anxiety.

Pavel

Hi,

I want to discuss an issue that has been bothering me for quite a long time. I am hoping that you guys can advise me regarding the best approach to deal with this issue which I will mention soon. I have this "slight social anxiety" which I can't pinpoint the root cause for it. I will do my best to describe this issue that I'm having.

A few years ago before I started taking supplements, I had virtually no social anxiety whatsoever. I was calm, confident and had no social anxiety whatsoever whether that be with conversing with individuals or large groups etcetera. Recently, I've observed that when conversing with someone I have slight nervousness and my eye contact can waver and in addition to that when I go to places which are crowded and have a lot of people, I feel my "flight or fight" mode kick in. My heart rate increases rapidly, I feel shaky and can't remain calm. Not only that, I seem to be quite sensitive to sounds too. When someone calls me on my mobile, my body reacts to it and has this slight feeling of anxiety (this never happened before). When someone knocks on the door the same reaction occurs. Again, I want to emphasise that this never occured before. Before, I was just calm, absolutely calm. Zero anxiety or social anxiety. Now I have this social anxiety which I'd rate 2 or 3 out of 10 that has remained.

The main recent changes I made was taking a mens multivitamin. This multivitamin is called Wellman Original (by Vitabiotics). Intially, upon taking this supplement I felt good and had no issues but some months after I noticed that I was in a continuous state of "slight nerves". I suspected it was the 1 mg Copper found in the supplement causing it. I then took 25 mg Zinc and then 1 day later the feelings of having "slight nerves" went away. However, unfortunately after a few months of use the anxiety returned. It's a bit difficult to describe this feeling of having "slight nerves" all the time but I'll do my best to describe it. It's like whether I'm in my house alone or outside, I don't feel completely calm physically. If that makes sense. I always feel jittery physically regardless whether I am at home or outdoors. I have no mental worries whatosever, I physically seem to be in a continous state of having "slight nerves" as described previously.

The obvious advice would be to stop using the supplements and assess how I feel and I am in the process of doing that. It's quite an unusual experience of having this feeling of anxiety and wondering has anyone else been affected by this?

Has anyone felt this way taking supplements and was cured upon stopping use?

Many thanks for your assistance.
What is your methylation status? I am undermythylatator and that is the major cause of my social anxiety anxiety.

OP
Y

Yasin

@stoic and @Pavel

Thanks for your advice. Today, it's been 6 days since I've stopped taking the 25 mg Zinc Picolinate supplement.

Yesterday night I listened to a morphic audio that boosts estrogen levels as I suspected of having low estrogen.

I felt more confident today for sure and this nervousness and slight social anxiety is for sure almost completely gone. Before in large crowds, I felt shakey and the feeling that people are looking at me. Today, I didn't feel that way at all. I was much calmer and was not shakey.

I also noticed that my index finger tremor/twitching has stopped completely after ceasing Zinc. After a long period of supplementing Zinc, my left hand index finger would twitch and move by itself frequently.

I don't know if this is placebo but it seems stopping the Zinc and/or in conjunction with boosting my E2 could be the solution.

Vins7

¿Cuál es su estado de metilación? Soy submitilatador y esa es la principal causa de mi ansiedad por ansiedad social.
this is not possible... Social anxiety must be something more related to mentality, trauma, how the person has developed in their environment during their life, etc. I'm sorry but it's so hard for me to believe that a physical problem like poor methylation can affect a social and personality aspect...

Velve921

this is not possible... Social anxiety must be something more related to mentality, trauma, how the person has developed in their environment during their life, etc. I'm sorry but it's so hard for me to believe that a physical problem like poor methylation can affect a social and personality aspect...

Poor diet can increase anxiety and I have seen that in myself. however, you are not wrong in the main aspect of anxiety for most people.

I believe EMDR is the most beneficial route for most people to handle anxiety because like you said, a persons environment will dictate most behaviors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals