Anxiety, PTSD, Mental Health: General Discussion

SQu

Suddenly one day your parents start getting ill and need you more while your child(ren) or other young adults in your life look to you for continued guidance and stability. In a way it seems like a lot of people look to us in general to be strong and stable
That's it exactly! Thank you blossom.

Xisca

Well, it seems I'm having similar symptoms even in the absence of aspirin now. Following dinner tonight, I got palpitations, mainly just harder heart beat and a feeling of discomfort/nausea, after eating a meal with rice, meat, and OJ. Eating smaller meals earlier in the day isn't as much of a problem.

Not really sure what to do but start eating smaller meals. Maybe rice is a problem too.

I do not read all, but this enough for me to answer to you!!!!

Meat and cereals at the same time can be a problem for a lot of people, as they do not require the same pH for digestión.
I can suggest you eat meat with veggies, or even fruits may be.
And eat rice with veggies and fat.
If you eat no fat or no veggie, = no fiber, with rice which is a source of glucose, then it can increase sugar too much at a time.

Then OJ.
In my case I cannot take it witout filtering, as I do not digest pulp well, unless cooked, because of pectine.

But then, most people do not stand well citric fruits if they mix it with other food, especially carbo-hydrates.
Carbohydrates need the ptyalin in saliva to start its digestión by separating the glucose parts that are held together in starch.

So, this mix you did is a bad bomb for your stomach!

Xisca

I have read Anita Moorjani as well, and a big part of her recovery was her husband.
He stayed on her side with faith that she was going to come back and live.
We have all experienced this strengh of support from both side: giving and receiveing.
Mom do this for their children having just a flue.....
Not all moms are good at this, but this is a major help.

Same about answering if this helps or trigger when we share.....
It depends.

A pounding heart is about sympathic activation, and panic attack as well.
If you read peter levine, you will learn more about past activation that the body freeze, but that can come out somatically.
Panick, fear, anxiety, are fleeing eneergy that is stuck in the body. This is quite logical, because if you go away and the danger is still approaching, you are right to be afraid. When you succeed escaping, then you just flee, but you are not afraid, you are victorious.

With parents, we could not, and sometime cannot, go away. So the system is hold the stress of going away, and it can escape like vapor from the steam cooker, with some sort of sympathic activation, adrenaline stuff. It is posible to tke supplements for help, but also posible to reduce the stress by letting go the stuck energy from the past. I have talked about somatic experiencing of peter Levine before, just in case it could help some of you. Just can say that it Works, I know it from both sides as I decided to learn it.
When you share, if youcan stand the activation consciousily, then it will not trigger you into a reaction. But if you can make come PART of the activation only, then you can dispose of it. You can let it go instead of back to freeze. If it is too much, then you will have a strong reaction, which is bad. It is only posible to expulse this stuck energy Little by Little.
When you share and feel something, if you can stand it cosciously, then your body will naturally dispose of this energy by a para-sympathic reaction, typically yawning, sighing, nervous laugh, some tears, but never with a big reaction. After, you can also feel your guts working better. This should be the goal of sharing and supporting: it helps finishing and closing something. But this is done inside us, so there is no need to be a nuisance to parents by saying anything, it has to be finished inside, no need for the outside, the stress is inside us, much after the time of the story!

Simonsays

Ive had a little lightbulb moment regarding my missed/ectopic heartbeats.

Yesterday evening i went to the pub with my neighbours. I dont drink alcohol much anymore as it triggers my rosacea and went for the soda and lime juice cordial, my usual soft drink tipple.

Then they started and they wouldnt relent. It wasnt anxiety as i was relaxed, but they were making me anxious. We went home and they continued, i had a hot bath and they relented a touch , but then went to bed and they continued , i had them for nearly four hours and some how i eventually went to sleep. I was really depressed by it all , i thought i was going to pass out at one stage. I took my pulse it wasnt racing , but when you can actually feel the pulse actually stop and then start again, its a terrifying moment. You feel winded and nauseous and panic starts to set in.

It was the worst i had ever had , it was unrelenting for hours on end. I hadnt had them with so much intensity for so long for about an incident four weeks ago, when i had been to the same pub???

I knew i wasnt allergic to the place, but what was the connection, it must have been the drink. Lime cordial ??? I had one drink , it couldnt be the soda water . So i looked up the ingredients of the lime cordial , our old friend HFCS. It had to be!

Ive been trying to up my sugar this year as i went more Peat, after avoiding it like the plague, but of course there is proper fructose, glucose, etc and there is HFCS . I have been drinking a lot more Pepsi etc, thinking it was sugar, it says sugar on the side , but of course its not its HFCS. ( I know you can now get original Pepsi with sugar, but its vdifficult to buy and expensive)

That would explain my ectopic beats the odd evening after i drank a can or two. I just never made the connection. Ive been reducing my T4 thinking that was the cause, as the ectopic beats tied in with the increase dosage recommended by my Endo. I thought i was going Thyrotoxic as, my free t4 level was over range and i was pooling.

But i think ive been going more hypo and the HFCS is depleting the little magnesium/potassium , affecting the heart. Its in so much food.

I know HFCS is regarded as the devils brew, but i didnt realise how badly it effects my heart and so rapidly. I must be v low in magnesium/potassium.

Ill go back to beer now!!

InChristAlone

Birdie

I edited my comment and then lost the whole thing. Sorry it's gone.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals