Commercial HOUSE cleaners to AVOID!!!

bornamachine

Hey everyone there are two cleaners that I would like to share about and advice you to not expose yourself to. This is my personal experience.

1) PineSol: My wife used to love pinesol but I can't stand it, the only cleaner I approve of smell wise is bleach, idk why, anyway, she would always use it and assumed it was natural because it had those pine cones on it. My son was around 4 yo at that time. Around that time frame my otherwise healthy son one day had what I instanly saw as a sugar crash, low blood sugar, he woke up but didn't want to leave the bed, usually he is running around, I came to him and saw he was very weak and didn't respond to me the same, I instantly touched him and he felt cooler then normal and was talking so quite, I quickly ran to the kitchen got him some juice and maybe a cookie idk and shortly after he came back to himself again and was fine ever since, then my wife told me that she seen him like that once before, at that point I was worried that he might have diabetes or something but how? He has zero issues! Anyway what turned out to be the case was that he was poisoned by PineSol, my wife used it to clean the bathtub all the time and she looooves a clean tub but that tiny amount of PineSol residue left over would mix with the water in the tub later and he absorbed it through his skin. Some time later I heard Ray peat giving an interview and he said how back in the day he used to take the public transport on Mexico, and they would daily spray down the buses with this insecticide that was based on the same chemical that PineSol was based on and he said that the exposure he got on his commute from the bus would make blood sugar drop especially at night and he would wake up because of it and the hunger to take a snack and could smell that PineSol distinctive smell on his tongue as the body was getting rid of it! That was the point when it Clicked! That's what happened to my son! Actually before I heard that interview I never knew what triggered those sugar event with my son, once my wife described and once I witnessed myself. My son never had issues since and we ofcourse threw all the PineSol out, what he did get through during the that time frame is a skin condition, she only bathed him in the tub shortly after washing it with pinesol and rinsing it off (but I guess just rinsing is not enough!!) Anyway his skin got irritated and ever since the any time he even mildy runs on something or brushes againt something that potion of the ski gets red and inflamed and slightly raised off the surface for about 30 mins, for example if you were to high five his back you could see the outline of your hand on his back very shortly. This has gotten better over the last couple years, he is 6 now but its still there.

2) Simply Green: Has a good name and smells great, I've used it a little here a little there over the years. Still has the original big bottle I bought many years ago. Supposably they made false claims as a "safe" cleaner and were sued after people got hurt and now use the word "safer" cleaner.
They sell it in it's full concentrate form. This is what happened to me just a couple days ago. I bought a used kitchen appliance set and brought it home at around 6 pm, I unloaded it, I washed it a little bit using a spray bottle, felt tiredness that I thought came suddenly, from 10-12 aclock I went to take a leak 3 whole times having drank no extra water, super foamy, started reading up how it could mean this, that and the other, started to feel off and bad something was def wrong, started drinking water and feeling nauseous, took an aspirin started drinking tea (nausea is something rare for me as well), wife made another cup of ginger tea, kept on sipping and after 30 mins my nausea went away, I went to bed and woke up fine, went outside again, started cleaning the set again, spraying this simply green all over the place, some dripping on my hands, breathing it, this went on for 3-4 hours , my wife came out about 1.5 hours after to help me, she was using her baking soda and vinegar so she was exposed way less then me as we worked on diff parts, then about 4 hours into it, I suddenly felt like something is wrong, my balance, everything off all of a sudden, breathing, heartbeat, no chest pain otherwise I be sure I was having a heart attack, I told my wife lets go somethig is def wrong I need to lay down asap, I went on the couch tool half aspirin started drinking water and asked for some ginger tea, very dizzy and floating but feeling like I'm stabilizing, after 30 mins I felt normal just weak. Then my nausea came back and the bubbly urine on and off and the sudden cold hands and feet and overall body chills that made me go take hot baths, it was awlful and way worse then this sounds, I didn't know what to eat, what would make me better worse, this went on for 2 days and only at the end of the second day I connected the dots back to simply green exposure! Today I woke up and felt fine the whole day without anything weird, it took 2 days after the second exposure to feel better. While this was going on I thought that somehow my carrot salad was messing with me because I was trying that but finally it clicked about the simple green.

Those are the two bad guys I have personal experience with and both are also backed up with other people saying they were hurt using them.

If you have a dangerous cleaner to add or a safe one to add (has to be safe for sure) then that'd be nice. Otherwise this is just a public service announcement.

I'm also wondering if bleach is a safe cleaner, I love the bleach smell after a bathroom has been cleaned with it.

Thanks for the warning! They do get you to buy these poisons with healthy names and nice smells, like puting pearls on a pig. I have always used Clorox Clean-Up. The fumes are really bad so I hold my breath and give the shower or tub a good spray, open the window, turn the fan on and close the door and come back later to clean it. I have to do this early in the day because the fumes are so bad that it can keep me awake at night. After your story maybe I should switch to vinegar or something else.

B

BRBsavinWorld

My sister got me into using thieves oil diluted in water in a spray bottle; I love that stuff.

Thanks for the heads up

InChristAlone

Anything with strong fumes including essential oils are damaging to the liver and lungs.

akgrrrl

My sister got me into using thieves oil diluted in water in a spray bottle; I love that stuff.

Thanks for the heads up
I love that too. Drops in a fine mist bottle with distilled water for clearing cooking smells.
Also handwashing a fine sweater or small item smells mighty good.

B

BRBsavinWorld

I love that too. Drops in a fine mist bottle with distilled water for clearing cooking smells.
Also handwashing a fine sweater or small item smells mighty good.
yeah. I think It’s under appreciated because It doesn’t have to be strong at all.

InChristAlone

Ray does believe many of the essential oils are estrogenic, which would place unnecessary burden on the liver. It takes many lbs of a plant to make one bottle of the stuff. Thieves oil is great at combating mold spores, but because it has cinnamon oil in it it shouldn't be used too often as it would be irritating to mucus membranes.

B

BRBsavinWorld

Ray does believe many of the essential oils are estrogenic, which would place unnecessary burden on the liver. It takes many lbs of a plant to make one bottle of the stuff. Thieves oil is great at combating mold spores, but because it has cinnamon oil in it it shouldn't be used too often as it would be irritating to mucus membranes.
Ok, Interesting. Thank you for sharing!