ILoveSugar History

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Such_Saturation said:
post 101371 Try coffee with the cyproheptadine.

Like my cypro in the morn with my coffee instead of at night? It didn't seem to make me drowsy last night, but my entire body hurts today like I rode a bull for 6 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

answersfound

with your serotonin levels that high, you absolutely need to get them down. and i'm sorry if cyproheptadine makes you tired, but like SS said, drink coffee....you can't expect to heal with serotonin that high...thats the cold hard truth.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I don't think cypro lowers serotonin but rather just stops the production? What lowers it?

I will continue on with low doses but I think last time it made my ALL levels go up for whatever reason.

Also wondering about lactic acid.

HDD

haidut said:
Moreover, and perhaps most importantly, lysine seems to be a much more general serotonin antagonist without any agonist effects. If this is true, and lysine does not have some unforeseen bad effect Peat has written about then I think lysine could be a viable option for people having gut issues like IBS, IBD, Chron's etc. All these conditions present with increased serotonin synthesis in the gut combined with high NO (and lysine inhibits that too).
Finally, a general serotonin antagonist would likely have an anti-depressant effect without the potentially dopamine-suppressing qualities of cyproheptadine (thorough its antagonism of the 5-HT2C receptor).
http://www.gastrojournal.org/article/S0 ... X/abstract

From the thread I linked above.

messtafarian

ILS...I understand RP does not believe in this and I understand you have said you've been treated. But maybe it's time to consider another round of Lyme treatment under the care of a physician.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

And disaster strikes again!! So I decided to try baking soda with water for my clogged bowels. Today was my 2nd day. I put 1 tsp in water, and within 5 minutes, I had the worst gas cramps manageable. Literally. I ran in agony to the bathroom since the only thing that has ever helped is a hot bath. I got very faint, pale, hot, and panicky. I was literally hunched over in pure agony. I then went to the bathroom. I laid in the bath for about 15 or 20 minutes or so and the pain subsided a little bit. About 20 minutes later, the cramps came back as strong as ever, right around my belly button and lower. I then had full blown diarrhea. Sorry for TMI. I have only had this a couple of times over the past 6 or 7 years. Doing enemas also causes the same thing. For what it is worth, this is the exact pain that I used to have pre Scd and pre Peat. Its absolutely terrifying how painful these cramps are. I will now lay between my bed and bath all day.

Peata

iLoveSugar said:
post 101376
Such_Saturation said:
post 101371 Try coffee with the cyproheptadine.

Like my cypro in the morn with my coffee instead of at night? It didn't seem to make me drowsy last night, but my entire body hurts today like I rode a bull for 6 hours.

I like to take 1/2 mg. cyproheptadine with caffeine in the morning. Or afternoon.

InChristAlone

Yea I think it's safe to say baking soda is not good for your bowels. If you do have high serotonin unfortunately it seems anything that really gets it moving will make symptoms worse. I'm sorry you are stuck in this.

answersfound

Danny Roddy mentioned he takes .25 mg before bed....that is just a tiny nibble but I certainly get an effect from that small of a dose. I would try that twice a day and maybe u won't get that tired

OP
I

iLoveSugar

I think I will try it around 7 or so, and then if I get droggy by 9 or so, so be it.

On another token, I don't understand why no blood tests are reliable.

My C02 is good, my full thyroid panel, etc, but yet RP says they aren't reliable. Lost!! Thought that was the point of getting the FULL panel vs just the TSH.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

The more food ferments, the harder my stomach gets, the more wobbly I get, the more irritated I am, etc. It's just one vicious cycle. My stomach DOES. NOT. LIKE. FOOD. OR. DRINKS.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
answersfound said:
post 101421 Danny Roddy mentioned he takes .25 mg before bed....that is just a tiny nibble but I certainly get an effect from that small of a dose. I would try that twice a day and maybe u won't get that tired
Thank you.

:hattip

Last edited:

Lin

Ilovesugar, these are serious symptoms. You need a GOOD GI doctor. Have you had a barium study? http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/931229-overview I know this is pediatric, but you have been having these problems since childhood. Does this article sound like you? Too much brain fog to read it now?
I am not a doctor, but here is my opinion: A rigid abdomen sounds like a lot of inflammation. This is an emergency. Go to the ER, get antibiotics.

haidut

Forum Supporter
iLoveSugar said:
post 101389 And disaster strikes again!! So I decided to try baking soda with water for my clogged bowels. Today was my 2nd day. I put 1 tsp in water, and within 5 minutes, I had the worst gas cramps manageable. Literally. I ran in agony to the bathroom since the only thing that has ever helped is a hot bath. I got very faint, pale, hot, and panicky. I was literally hunched over in pure agony. I then went to the bathroom. I laid in the bath for about 15 or 20 minutes or so and the pain subsided a little bit. About 20 minutes later, the cramps came back as strong as ever, right around my belly button and lower. I then had full blown diarrhea. Sorry for TMI. I have only had this a couple of times over the past 6 or 7 years. Doing enemas also causes the same thing. For what it is worth, this is the exact pain that I used to have pre Scd and pre Peat. Its absolutely terrifying how painful these cramps are. I will now lay between my bed and bath all day.

So...the baking soda did work for the constipation then? I understand it caused cramps, but at least it makes you go. You said that neither Cascara nor magnesium did anything for making you go.
Given your chronic constipation, the cramps are probably from impacted intestine and the baking soda flushed it all out. So, the goal now is to find something that has a similar effect but without the cramps. I will do some digging and report back.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

Yes, after 2 days of using it, I went, but with extreme cramping/pain. I haven't gone since then.

OP
I

iLoveSugar

2 oz of coffee with 1.5 cup of milk and 1 egg and my stomach feels so full I can't even move. This isn't even much food, is it?

J

James IV

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but it's unlikely your answer lies on the Internet. These forums are never going to give you the information you need to heal yourself. You need to figure out what type of carbohydrate (I would suggest starch) your body will digest, and eat lots of it, with small amounts of other foods, so you have the cellular energy to heal yourself and broaden your diet. All this supplementation and whatnot is likely making things worse.

I am very sorry for what you are going through, but no one will be able to give you the answers except your body. Energy (read glucose and electrolytes) is the absolute most important
aspect of your healing.
If I was forced to make a suggestion, it would be traditionally made sourdough breads (unenriched), or well cooked white rice, in warm salty vegetable broths with very small amounts of animal products and ripe cooked fruits.

tomisonbottom

A tablet and a half of Cynoplus is 3 grains, so half a tablet is a grain. Your condition is similar to the ones described by Barnes and Peat where 10 - 12 grain of thyroid daily were needed for a month until the person got better. This means 5 - 6 tablets of Cynoplus daily in divided doses.
I am not saying you need that much, but as you noticed the tiny doses you take so far have produced no results.

Haidut, at what point does someone have to worry about reverse t3 then? Just based on symptoms? Perhaps, try for a month and then reassess their dose?

Well, I'd try to confirm it, find out what bacteria it is, and start an antibiotic that can treat it. It may need several months of treatment. Ray wrote that some men with endotoxin issues and lower back pain had to take an antibiotic for 6 months to see a complete cure. The ones who took it just for a few weeks relapsed pretty quickly. There are a few studies with humans and low dose doxycycline for periodontal disease. Most of these studies are 6-12 months long and the results do not start to be seen until after 3 months. So, it looks like in cases of chronic infection (which periodontal disease is most likely due to) antibiotics have to be taken for a while, especially a lower dose treatment.
So, would one just ask their Dr. to do a test for bacteria, and then they can prescribe specific antibiotics if they find something? I wonder if that's my issue. I had a higher white blood cell count and TSH, but my Dr. didn't seem to think much of it.

Ever had a full-body MRI to check for parasites, etc.?
Didn't know an MRI could do that. Can they see all types and sizes of parasites?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals