Allithiamine Experience / Could anyone recommend a better B1 Supplement?

fr@

I'm using the Ecological Formulas Allithiamine and I've only used it twice.

[1st time was around 2018 and 2nd time just today.]

I got scared on my 1st try, 'cause after an hour or so I was starting to notice that everytime I exhale forcefully, I get a hint of sulfuric smell -- from the air that I exhale through my nose.

Though I felt great after taking it:

- My vision was way more clearer
- I could smell more from my surroundings
- More energy (to the point that I could hold my breath for longer without stressing out in the process)

And today on my 2nd try, same benefits and still the same after effects (what I meant was that sulfuric smell that I mentioned).

Since I'm still getting that sulfuric smell with Allithiamine, I'll be trying other forms of B1; probably I'll go with Benfotiamine next.

But does anyone here can recommend a B1 supplement that works (based from your experience / understanding)?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Keep your dose low and first and consider the TTFD version.

P

Peatness

Ecological Formulas Allithiamine contains silicon dioxide, this ingredient is not safe. I threw away the last bottle I bought. Try thiamax but start on very low dose and work your way up. Some people here have gone back to plain old thiamine hydrochloride and found it more tolerable.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
What dose do you recommend starting the thiamax at? I’ve only found it in a higher dose and the capsules are tiny.

P

Peatness

It comes in 100mg capsules. The capsule is small but you could try 1/4 of it. It is very tricky to open though. I find when I take 100mg, even earlier in the day, I just don't sleep. It tanks potassium and magnesium. I recommend getting plenty of these two minerals when taking any form of thiamine.

GenericName86

I had unpleasant results with allithiamine and was hesitant to try thiamax but gave it a go and it's been great, no issues at all.

OP
fr@

fr@

Thanks a lot for the recommendations, so:

* Silicone Dioxide is not safe, which is an Ingredient in Ecological Formulas Allithiamine.
* Thiamine HCL seems to be tolerable for most people.
* TTFD (Thiamax) would to be a better choice, start with 1/4 dose or smaller -- as it tanks Potassium & Magnesium.

I'll give Thiamax a try, but I'll start with Thiamine HCL first as it will arrive to me sooner.

Last edited:
P

Peatness

Yeah, maybe that's where that sulfuric smell comes from.
It's possible you could have an issue with sulfur. I think there are threads on the forum on the topic. I am looking into this at the moment. Just come across the work of Dr Nigh who has done research with Stephaine Seneff, he has a book on the subject of sulphur metabolism, nice title

OP
fr@

fr@

It's possible you could have an issue with sulfur. I think there are threads on the forum on the topic. I am looking into this at the moment. Just come across the work of Dr Nigh who has done research with Stephaine Seneff, he has a book on the subject of sulphur metabolism, nice title

Thanks a lot, that makes sense -- I'll into that book (The Devil in the Garlic) as well.

What I still find unusual though is the interval of me taking this Allithiamine, kind of like almost 3 years apart (1st try 2018, 2nd try 2021); and still have that same after effect.

I also used to eat Raw Garlic when this Ronvid-1779 became a scare, but only experienced noticeable headaches when adding Raw Garlic into my diet.

GenericName86

For what it's worth, when I took my first dose of thiamax I had that strong sulfur smell but it went away as I continued taking it. The smell didn't bother me too much since when I tried allithiamine not only did I get the smell but it made me feel uncomfortable, thiamax only gave me the smell briefly and no unpleasant reaction

OP
fr@

fr@

For what it's worth, when I took my first dose of thiamax I had that strong sulfur smell but it went away as I continued taking it. The smell didn't bother me too much since when I tried allithiamine not only did I get the smell but it made me feel uncomfortable, thiamax only gave me the smell briefly and no unpleasant reaction
Oh... I thought I was the only one getting that strong sulfur smell.

And yeah, I also felt a bit uncomfortable on my 1st try of Allithiamine; kind of like a very minor anaphylactic reaction.

[I was actually still 'Carnivore' at that time, and I took it on my cheat meal, basically my cheat meal was just adding potatoes to my steak... so I guess being on the Keto/Carnivore state for a long while increased my intolerance to it.]

And thanks for sharing, I'll keep an eye (nose out) on that sulfur smell when I get to try Thiamax (or any TTFD).

Bluebell

I got scared on my 1st try, 'cause after an hour or so I was starting to notice that everytime I exhale forcefully, I get a hint of sulfuric smell -- from the air that I exhale through my nose.
That's normal though, it's the nature of allithiamine that it has a sulfurous smell.

Last edited: