Post Your Experience With B1 Here.

x30001

D

Do you take anything else with TTFD?

Are you taking Elliot’s Thiamax product?
I take allithiamine. No I don’t take anything with it at the moment besides bromantane. Trying to cut down on using too many supps

Ismail

Thanks for the info. I've been taking B1 (50mg) and notice increased energy and better transit. Thiamine is thought to have a positive impact on SIBO so could be tied to that.

BTW, you probably want to make sure to take an extra B-vit complex as B1 at higher doses can deplete others. I use nutritional yeast versus the synthetic B complexes. Tasteless and effective.

Are you taking the TTFD version of B1 by any chance? If so, did you gradually work your "way up" to one full capsule?

How much nutritional yeast do you have with the 50mg B1?

Thanks ?

Ismail

Ttfd seems pretty dopaminergic. Taking 100-300mg everyday for the past couple of days. Feel an increase in body temp, increase in mood and well being and feel more willing to take voluntary action. (Less internal monologue and feel far more practical in doing day to day things)

I felt this the first 2 days I've taken it too, felt amazing, literally cleaning my flat and doing things that I've been procrastinating about for a while now.

Ismail

How is after 2 days?
Well I’m a little confused now lol!

I felt absolutely exhausted yesterday and back to procrastinating, but not sure if it’s because I didn’t sleep well and I didn’t have nutritional yeast with the B1 like I did the first day (however I did have a multi vitamin instead).

The first day I took the B1 (TTFD) I hadn’t slept too well either.

Today I’ve taken the B1 (Thiamax- 1/2 capsule) and made sure to have the nutritional yeast (heaped tablespoon) as well as magnesium and molybdenum (Elliot Overton mentions that this helps people who have side effects from TTFD, but he’s not quite sure how or why it helps).

OP did mention that B1 (like caffeine and aspirin) is quite strong metabolically from the perspective of requiring enough calories/food. I’m making sure I’m having at least a calorie surplus. I’m going to assess how I feel the next few days and update accordingly.

If I can pin down how I achieved the first day of that supplementation then I’ll be so happy.

I did have a medjoul date too (on the first day) as I read from this thread that it’s important to have enough potassium too, even though one date is probably not a lot of potassium.

Any suggestions for foods high in potassium?

I do remember the first day I took it (Saturday just gone), my son wanted to play football, and even though I felt tired I also paradoxically felt like I had the energy to play with him?! Hard to explain but it was something I consciously remember at the time and I was like wow, imagine how I’d feel if I have enough good sleep ?‍♂️

Last edited:

Gustav3Y

I think it is quite ordinary to have great initial success with something after which one starts questioning if it works as well as the first couple of times.

Potatoes are high in potassium.

Ismail

I think it is quite ordinary to have great initial success with something after which one starts questioning if it works as well as the first couple of times.

Yes I agree, thank you ?

Ben.

TTFD (Thiamine Tetrahydrofurfuryl Disulfide) just leaves this awful taste coming from the stomache for the majority of the day without giving any noticeable benefit (anymore). Even if i use lower dosages. Not a fan at all. Probably more usefull in acute cases of deficiency.

mostlylurking

wow mate what brand was it
@mostlylurking what would cause that effect is it the carbonic anhydrase inhibition
I was gonna try out 500mg every other day... just once a day every other day
I have no idea. After 6 months of high dose thiamine, my vision is improved and my dry eyes problem is gone. I'm taking pure thiamine hcl powder though, not capsules with excipients.

Gustav3Y

TTFD (Thiamine Tetrahydrofurfuryl Disulfide) just leaves this awful taste coming from the stomache for the majority of the day
Yeah I know that can happen.
Also I have even tried to open the capsule and take half of the TTFD (Allthiamine from Ecological Formulas) directly on the tongue and boy the smell on the tongue persists for like up to 48h.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

I can't stand the garlicky after taste for many hours either.

Dr. B

TTFD (Thiamine Tetrahydrofurfuryl Disulfide) just leaves this awful taste coming from the stomache for the majority of the day without giving any noticeable benefit (anymore). Even if i use lower dosages. Not a fan at all. Probably more usefull in acute cases of deficiency.
I have no idea. After 6 months of high dose thiamine, my vision is improved and my dry eyes problem is gone. I'm taking pure thiamine hcl powder though, not capsules with excipients.

does thiamine hcl contain any sulfur, or is that just the TTFD? the sulfur in supplements/additives seems to be very problematic for a lot of people.
what mechanism do you think thiamine improves vision/dry eyes by? is it increased CO2, leading to some organ regeneration?

mostlylurking

does thiamine hcl contain any sulfur, or is that just the TTFD? the sulfur in supplements/additives seems to be very problematic for a lot of people.
what mechanism do you think thiamine improves vision/dry eyes by? is it increased CO2, leading to some organ regeneration?
I don't know. I posted various sources that might answer some of your questions. Thiamine is required to do many things in the body. It is essential for the autonomic nervous system to function on the most basic level. The autonomic nervous system controls all of the body's automatic functions, including the digestive system and the circulatory system and brain function and many many other things.

Andman

i get this every time when starting thiamine hcl after a while not taking it, first 1-2 days are amazing - doesnt last tho ;(

Dr. B

I don't know. I posted various sources that might answer some of your questions. Thiamine is required to do many things in the body. It is essential for the autonomic nervous system to function on the most basic level. The autonomic nervous system controls all of the body's automatic functions, including the digestive system and the circulatory system and brain function and many many other things.
theres many essential nutrients needed for different things mate, thing with thiamine is some foods may have thiaminases, and sulfur may mess with it, which could necessitate some supplementing depending on overall diet

mostlylurking

theres many essential nutrients needed for different things mate, thing with thiamine is some foods may have thiaminases, and sulfur may mess with it, which could necessitate some supplementing depending on overall diet
I've been taking 2 grams of thiamine hcl for over 6 months. It has helped me a lot. I'm careful to avoid the thiaminase foods.

Ismail

Yes, I thought so too. Normally even a modest amount of magnesium could induce watery diarrhea to me, but not anymore with high dose B1. I can handle up to 1200mg of elemental magnesium now. I think B1 "makes good use" of magnesium.

I just make sure that I have sufficient potassium in the diet.
Did you purposefully try such high magnesium intake to balance/reduce any negative side effects from B1?

If so, did you find more magnesium causing you to reap better benefits from B1 intake?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals