B1 and folate

jtoro

So I've been having great success in eliminating anxiety and starch intolerances with high doses of thiamine hcl (500mg)-2g a day. And allithiamine 50g -100g.

Unfortunately, my libido has tanked. I wonder if folate deficiency could be a cause of taking so much b1

Folate blood levels are 11.9ng/mg
Reference 4-34

And this is only after eating cereal this last week. With cereal, is only time I seem to get morning wood. I imagine my folate levels were lower.
Also I have the mthfr mutation

Any insights?
Thanks

Korven

So I've been having great success in eliminating anxiety and starch intolerances with high doses of thiamine hcl (500mg)-2g a day. And allithiamine 50g -100g.

Unfortunately, my libido has tanked. I wonder if folate deficiency could be a cause of taking so much b1

Reference 4-34

And this is only after eating cereal this last week. With cereal, is only time I seem to get morning wood. I imagine my folate levels were lower.

Any insights?
Thanks

Hi, this also happened to me after taking 200-300 mg allithiamine daily for a couple weeks. My blood folate levels were super low, below the reference range. And I didn't feel very good. Dr Derrick Lonsdale has explained that the increased metabolism from high dose thiamine uses up both B9 and B12. I stopped taking allithiamine and switched to thiamine HCL instead. I will get some labs at some point again to see if my folate has increased to normal levels.

youngsinatra

Reference 4-34

Any insights?
Thanks
I‘d try combining it with a high quality B-complex. (with active forms like P5P-B6, methylfolate etc.)

B1 can also deplete B6 IIRC.

InChristAlone

Someone on here said they got iron deficiency from thiamine, does your cereal contain a lot of iron?

youngsinatra

Someone on here said they got iron deficiency from thiamine, does your cereal contain a lot of iron?
True, I think @Lokzo said it once, but I might be wrong.

Anemia is possible from copper, iron, B12 or folate deficiency. So folate deficiency could
cause anemia type symptoms.

OP
J

jtoro

Hi, this also happened to me after taking 200-300 mg allithiamine daily for a couple weeks. My blood folate levels were super low, below the reference range. And I didn't feel very good. Dr Derrick Lonsdale has explained that the increased metabolism from high dose thiamine uses up both B9 and B12. I stopped taking allithiamine and switched to thiamine HCL instead. I will get some labs at some point again to see if my folate has increased to normal levels.
Did you feel better once you stopped?
How much thiamine hcl?

Korven

Did you feel better once you stopped?
How much thiamine hcl?

Yes my mood improved after I stopped taking allithiamine. I think it did help with my energy levels and digestion but I also got super depressed + it might have caused other nutrient deficiencies e.g folate. Allithiamine definitely seems to be more imbalancing versus regular thiamine HCL.

Currently I'm experimenting with zero supplements but for a while I was taking 300 mg thiamine HCL + B-complex and felt pretty good.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals