Hi Im From Asia. Can You Help Me Choose With Lysine Syrup Is Best?

Hi i was diagnosed subclinical hypothyroidsm year 2002 i think. Before 2002 i feell there is not right with my health. I felt cold, perspire easily, dry skin, skinny. T4 is not helping and making me worst so i stopped it. We do not have T3 and Dessicated Thyroid in my country. Looking back there was once when i gained weight and felt good when i supplemented whey protein and milk powder while i was weight training. And now for days i have been reading here and learned that my whey protein was beneficial so im thinking of taking branch chain amino acids.

But i want to supplement lysine to lower serotonin. Here in my country this is what the local drugstore sells. What to choose?

Syrup A
FORMULATION:
Each 5 mL (1 teaspoonful) contains:
RETINOL PALMITATE (Vit. A) ……. 2,500 iu
CHOLECALCIFEROL (Vit. D) ……. 400 iu
THIAMINE HCl (Vit. B1) ……. 5 mg
RIBOFLAVIN 5’ PHOSPHATE (Vit. B2) ……. 1.5 mg
PYRIDOXINE HCl (Vit. B6) ……. 2.5 mg
CYANOCOBALAMIN (Vit. B12) ……. 5 mcg
NICOTINAMIDE ……. 20 mg
CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE ……. 10 mg
ASCORBIC ACID (Vit. C) ……. 60 mg
L-LYSINE MONOHYDROCHLORIDE ……. 200 mg

Syrup B
Vitamin A ………… 1,900 IU (eq. to 550 mcg) – 104%
Vitamin D ………… 200 IU (eq. to 5 mcg) – 100%
Vitamin E ………… 10 IU (eq. to 12 mg) – 56%
Vitamin C ………… 60 mg-80%
Lecithin ………… 50 mg
L-lysine hydrochloride ………… 25 mg
Taurine ………… 20 mg
Nicotinamide ………… 19 mg – 119%
L-leucine ………… 19 mg
L-methionine ………… 19 mg
Lycopene ………… 16 mg
Magnesium ………… 12 mg – 5%
Calcium Pantothenate ………… 10 mg
Potassium ………… 7.5 mg
L-isoleucine ………… 7 mg
L-phenylalanine ………… 7 mg
L-valine ………… 7 mg
Histidine ………… 7 mg
Zinc sulfate ………… 6.4 mg – 100%
L-threonine ………… 5 mg
Vitamin B6 ………… 1.95 mg – 150%
Vitamin B2 ………… 1.7 mg – 131%
Vitamin B1 ………… 1.5 mg – 125%
Manganese ………… 1.2 mg – 52%
Copper sulfate ………… 1 mg
Lutein ………… 943 mcg
Folic Acid ………… 400 mcg – 100%
Biotin ………… 150 mcg
Selenium Yeast ………… 31 mcg – 100%
Chromium ………… 7.5 mcg
Molybdenum ………… 7.5 mcg
Vitamin B12 ………… 2 mcg – 83%

Syrup C
Retinol Palmitate (Vit. A) …… 2500 iu
Cholecalciferol (Vit. D) …… 500 iu
Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vit. B1) …… 2.5 mg
Riboflavin 5’ Phosphate (Vit. B2) …… 2.5 mg
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vit. B6) …… 2.5 mg
Cyanocobalamin (Vit. B12) …… 4 mcg
Ascorbic Acid (Vit. C) …… 60 mg
Nicotinamide …… 20 mg
Calcium Pantothenate …… 5 mg
Folic Acid …… 250 mcg
L-Lysine Monohydrochloride …… 200 mg

messtafarian

Hi there:

These syrups are really all the same -- a multivitamin plus Lysine. If you are not able to order online ( sometimes I think this is a good thing), I would simply choose the one that has the least number of ingredients and the most Lysine, which seems to be Syrup A.

OP
HealthisWealth
@ Daimyo

Im from the philippines. There is no doctor knowledgeable in my country about dessicated thyroid so i dont know what dosage to order. I hope i find endocrinologist who will listen to my symptoms and understand my result.

@ messtafarian

Will check syrup A

To both of you, Thanks you very much

Daimyo

HealthisWealth said:
post 114032 @ Daimyo

Im from the philippines. There is no doctor knowledgeable in my country about dessicated thyroid so I don't know what dosage to order. I hope i find endocrinologist who will listen to my symptoms and understand my result.

That's quite common, that doctors don't know how to use NDT (or in general thyroid meds). It's the same in Poland. The good news, is that it's not that difficult to learn how to dose NDT - you know yourself better than any doctor can.

There is a "standard" procedure how to start taking NDT. Most people, if they haven't taken any hormonal thyroid drugs before, start with 0.5-1 grain of NDT, increasing it with time.

If you are planing to order from Thailand your choice will be easier, as all Thai thyroid meds (natural that is) are 1 grain. When it come to brand choice, most of my customers prefer Thiroyd.

As you live in tropical country, you should check your pulse as a diagnostic tool. Eventually it should be a nice 80-85.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
HealthisWealth
Will study about supplementing NDT.

Also is chlorella growth factor bad in supplements? I saw this on the drugstore shelves

It has lysine and taurine. But thinking twice about chlorella because its high in iron from what read here.

Syrup Formulation
nutri_fortesyrup.jpg

sladerunner69

Lysine should probably be taken in pill or capsule form correct? If it was just taken as a liquid I don't think it would make it to the GI tract for absorption in a complete state.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals