Long term nocturia resolved with B1 for one night only

TheCodez

I've dealt with frequent night time urination for many years. Generally getting up about once every 1.5 hours, but sometimes as much as 10 times per night. I've recently discovered that if I have 4 grams of thiamine HCL the day before then I'll only need get up once the following night. This is a HUGE improvement.

The problem is that after freshly starting B1 my nocturia only resolves for the first night. The second night I may need to get up 3 times, then by night 3 things are back to pretty much normal in spite of continuing to take 4 grams of thiamine each day.

My initial thought is that some cofactor is becoming deficient after the first night, but I'm also supplementing b2, b3, b7, magnesium, copper and zinc, so I'm pretty convinced it's none of those.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing, and how I can get B1 to continue working after the first night?

OP
T

TheCodez

Maybe experiment with vit C and potassium?
How is your testosterone?
Hey thanks for the ideas!
I consume significant quantities of orange juice and potatoes, but I've done a good bit of supplemental experimentation as well.
For C I've experimented with ascorbic acid, acerola cherry powder, and amla powder. None of these seemed to impact this issue in any way.
For potassium, I mostly experimented with potassium bitartrate as I do sometimes feel better when taking it, but it causes no change in the nocturia.

mostlylurking

I've dealt with frequent night time urination for many years. Generally getting up about once every 1.5 hours, but sometimes as much as 10 times per night. I've recently discovered that if I have 4 grams of thiamine HCL the day before then I'll only need get up once the following night. This is a HUGE improvement.

The problem is that after freshly starting B1 my nocturia only resolves for the first night. The second night I may need to get up 3 times, then by night 3 things are back to pretty much normal in spite of continuing to take 4 grams of thiamine each day.

My initial thought is that some cofactor is becoming deficient after the first night, but I'm also supplementing b2, b3, b7, magnesium, copper and zinc, so I'm pretty convinced it's none of those.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing, and how I can get B1 to continue working after the first night?
Which type of thiamine are you taking? Are you taking it with plain water? Are you spacing the b1 at least 30 minutes away from consuming anything sweet & also coffee? Do you drink coffee or tea? What time of the day is your last dose of b1?

OP
T

TheCodez

Which type of thiamine are you taking? Are you taking it with plain water? Are you spacing the b1 at least 30 minutes away from consuming anything sweet & also coffee? Do you drink coffee or tea? What time of the day is your last dose of b1?
I've tried hcl, ttp, sulbutiamine, benfotiamine and ttfd up to 5 grams per day. Hcl is the only form I've noticed any improvement from. Yes plain water. Yes 30+ minutes before eating. No coffee. No tea. Last dose by 1pm. Keep in mind that hcl completely resolves this issue with 100% consistency on the first day after taking a break from it. Thanks for your thoughts.

mostlylurking

I've tried hcl, ttp, sulbutiamine, benfotiamine and ttfd up to 5 grams per day. Hcl is the only form I've noticed any improvement from. Yes plain water. Yes 30+ minutes before eating. No coffee. No tea. Last dose by 1pm. Keep in mind that hcl completely resolves this issue with 100% consistency on the first day after taking a break from it. Thanks for your thoughts.
You seem be taking it correctly (as far as I know). How long have you consistently taken the hcl form? If that form completely resolves the issue on the first day, it seems to me that you should stick with it. My own incontinence problem took several months to resolve on a consistent basis; it took longer than other issues to completely go away.

OP
T

TheCodez

You seem be taking it correctly (as far as I know). How long have you consistently taken the hcl form? If that form completely resolves the issue on the first day, it seems to me that you should stick with it. My own incontinence problem took several months to resolve on a consistent basis; it took longer than other issues to completely go away.
On and off for 20 years, but most recently I've gone through several kg of it consistently. I'll just keep moving forward and see if it eventually takes. Thanks for taking the time to look this over and congratulations on your own health improvements.

mostlylurking

On and off for 20 years, but most recently I've gone through several kg of it consistently. I'll just keep moving forward and see if it eventually takes. Thanks for taking the time to look this over and congratulations on your own health improvements.
Are you male or female? Age?

OP
T

TheCodez

How's your prostate? My father went through decades of having to get up to urinate multiple times at night because of his enlarged prostate. It drove him nuts.

There may be helpful info at this link: bioenergetic search
My prostate is quite bad and definitely contributing to the situation. It's been like this for almost 2 decades. I still think there are 2 different things going on here though, but I'd also do just about anything to be able to urinate normally again. I'm definitely open to any suggestions you'd have regarding prostates.

Last edited:

mostlylurking

My prostate is quite bad and definitely contributing to the situation. It's been like this for almost 2 decades. I still think there are 2 different things going on here though, but I'd also do just about anything to be able to urinate normally again.
There's some information at this link: bioenergetic search (a search for Enlarged Prostate). It's always best to click on the printed transcript to start the audio and listen to it to discern who is speaking; also sometimes the AI transcription messes up and uses the wrong word which changes the meaning in the printed transcript.

"Enlarged prostate and if it's possible to shrink it up, do you know a way? Yeah, pregnenolone is helpful by lowering general stress and inflammation, but aspirin and thyroid, getting your thyroid function up and using aspirin, both of those reduce ordinary inflammation of the prostate."

also:
"But it sounds like taking a very small amount of progesterone for men will be protection against maybe something that we loosely call andropause or male menopause and prostatitis and prostate disease. It has been used largely in Europe to shrink enlarged prostates and I've seen it happen at a very moderate dose that doesn't even affect their sexuality. It'll shrink an enlarged prostate."

also:
"A lot of people don't realize that when men age, it isn't that they are losing testosterone in particular. Mostly what's happening is that they're gaining estrogen. Yeah, for example, prostate enlargement and then cancer occurs in aging men, and it is precisely the men who are deficient in testosterone and have an excess of estrogen who get the enlarged and cancerous prostate."

also:
"Robert wants to know, is it possible to reduce the enlarged prostate? Oh, yes, thyroid and aspirin will generally do it fairly quickly. Thyroid and aspirin, good old, good old aspirin. And making sure your vitamin D is okay."

also:
"Prostate hypertrophy if you do you think I prostrate hypertrophy is down to estrogens as much as anything else yeah Estrogen love It's a growth and carcinogenic factor In the prostate right and as men get older their estrogen no doubt rises especially as testosterone is on the decline"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals