Rise In Nocturia (urinating At Night) Coinciding With Increased Fluids (OJ And Milk): Coincidence?

jzeno

Like many of you, I've been drinking more OJ and milk. This has coincided with the rise of nocturia--need to urinate at night. I'm no scientist or doctor, so I can't say for certain but that they coincided on about the same time and day, tells me that the increase in my fluids is leading to nocturia, or very closely related.

I take it others who are increasing their fluid intake might experience this as well. Any tips, suggestions?

I empty my bladder completely before bed, then usually once in the night I get the need to go to the bathroom again and I get up and pee then usually I can go back to sleep. Also: when I wake up I empty my bladder again, which tells me I have a lot of liquid in my bladder.

I do have a history of insomnia, but that had mostly subsided for the most part until I started drinking more milk and OJ and the nocturia began.

My ideas: Most times (if I'm sedentary, which is most days) I can't stand beef for dinner because it keeps me up (again, if I'm sedentary and not doing anything--which is most days), so I generally try to avoid fresh beef before dinner. Therefore, I'm thinking I may just need to try two things: 1) slowly titrate down my fluids as the day passes (like I do with beef) and 2) track my protein intake and see if I need more, because from what I understand protein requires liquid to break down and if I have excess I may be able to raise protein to exhaust the extra liquid. Worth a shot.

Feel free to discuss nocturia, your experiences, thoughts, and solutions here.

Thank you.

fradon

you are just over hydrated. you say you are sedentary most days well you just have build up of fluid. when you sleep the body can reduce a lot edema and this can cause a full bladder or night sweats.

so either get up and start walking or cut back on your fluids. both milk and oj also have high potassium and that will keep fluid in the body. once you metabolize them then they become urine.

Waremu

Sounds like you need to be adding more salt if you aren't getting enough already. If that doesn't work, replace the milk with cheese, etc.

Andy316

you are just over hydrated. you say you are sedentary most days well you just have build up of fluid. when you sleep the body can reduce a lot edema and this can cause a full bladder or night sweats.

so either get up and start walking or cut back on your fluids. both milk and oj also have high potassium and that will keep fluid in the body. once you metabolize them then they become urine.

I know this is an old post, but apart from Potassium which other vitamins/minerals keep fluid in the body?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals