Anyone taking Cyproheptadine regularly / long term experiencing good results please share your experience.

CoconutEffect

I emailed Ray once and he replied saying he was experimenting with .5 to 1mg before bed. Antagonizing 5ht2 (possibly other mechanisms) with Mirtazepine made me a very industrious person with a single minded focus -- though that could have been a consequence of its sleep stabilizing effects. Eventually I came off it due to weight gain, possibly from increased estrogen, not appetite.

Please share your sucessful longer term cyproheptadine experiences. I have come to accept that I am human, and therefore, fragile, and may require heavier hitting medical interventions for the rest of my life. Or at least until Abecaranil comes out. :)

purple pill

Did you ever try a lower dose or mirtazepine? Ive read that 7.5mg gives you the deep sleep and anti anxiety effects without the negatives like weight gain. Thats my next attempt at improving sleep and anxiety anyway, cypro looks amazing on paper but after trying different dosages and schedules i give up, the anti histamine effects leave me too listless.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Long term Cyproheptadine user here:

I've taken Cypro about 120 times in my life now.

Every single time it has the following effects:

OP
C

CoconutEffect

Did you ever try a lower dose or mirtazepine? Ive read that 7.5mg gives you the deep sleep and anti anxiety effects without the negatives like weight gain. Thats my next attempt at improving sleep and anxiety anyway, cypro looks amazing on paper but after trying different dosages and schedules i give up, the anti histamine effects leave me too listless.
Yeah, unfortunately that was the dose I was on. 7.5mg 30min before I wanted to sleep, deep sleep, but weight gain with no appetite increase.

dukesbobby777

I think taking it in very low doses is probably the best way (with daily usage), because being a very strong 5HT antagonist, you'd still get fairly decent 5HT antagonising effects at 0.5mg and lower (if you can dose that low). This also reduces the impact on the d3 receptor, of which, cyproheptadine is a fairly efficient antagonist (at 8nm). D3 receptors are responsible for lots of positive things, especially mood (which might explain cyproheptadine's mood lowering effect when the drug is dosed at higher dosages). A low dose will also lessen the anti-cholinergic side effects (dry mouth, etc).

OP
C

CoconutEffect

I think taking it in very low doses is probably the best way (with daily usage), because being a very strong 5HT antagonist, you'd still get fairly decent 5HT antagonising effects at 0.5mg and lower (if you can dose that low). This also reduces the impact on the d3 receptor, of which, cyproheptadine is a fairly efficient antagonist (at 8nm). D3 receptors are responsible for lots of positive things, especially mood (which might explain cyproheptadine's mood lowering effect when the drug is dosed at higher dosages). A low dose will also lessen the anti-cholinergic side effects (dry mouth, etc).
Thank you

supercoolguy

cypro looks amazing on paper but after trying different dosages and schedules i give up, the anti histamine effects leave me too listless
Oh man aint that the truth. .05 is fine But still noticeable the next day. My movements & perception drag, until the night.
1mg is a punch that takes a full 36hr to recover. But Then I do usually feel great for some reason.

I take about 1mg every few weeks when I am feeling endotoxin-ish and it reliably helps. It makes me profoundly sleepy, and I don‘t take it often enough to become acclimated to the sleepiness.

I just take 0,5mg before bed and it suits my needs. 1mg i already tried and i didnt feel much benefit. Since i also have histamine issues all is good. Inspired by Herbie i am aiming at the 12month mark.

FitnessMike

it helps with sleep, but constipation and low pulse is bad, ill try to make 0.5-1mg daily work for me.

purple pill

Oh man aint that the truth. .05 is fine But still noticeable the next day. My movements & perception drag, until the night.
1mg is a punch that takes a full 36hr to recover. But Then I do usually feel great for some reason.
Funny after this thread i decided to take 1 last swing at it and took a crumb (less than 0.5mg) before bed, could barely function at work today, that rebound cant come quick enough 🤕 think ill keep my leftover tabs for whenever im dying with hayfever 😪

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom