Seborrheic Dermatitis Upon Peating

J

j.

Re: Seborrheic dermititis upon Peating

Thyroid accelerates metabolism much, much more than pregnenolone.

Kray

j. said:
Thyroid accelerates metabolism much, much more than pregnenolone.

j- Makes sense. By the way, on the question about pregnenolone conversion, do you know if it will ever convert to any of the undesirable hormones? Can it convert to estrogen, cortisol, aldosterone?

J

j.

In all the studies I've seen its effect on the balance of hormones is always positive. However, I think it might be possible to feel bad if you take too little, like progesterone can make you feel bad if you take too little.

OP
A

Adnada

I have seen Haidut's StressNon! I'm really glad he is making his products, it will certainly be what I order when I begin the pregnenalone journey. I will chime in with my experience when I have started.

Kray

j. said:
In all the studies I've seen its effect on the balance of hormones is always positive. However, I think it might be possible to feel bad if you take too little, like progesterone can make you feel bad if you take too little.

I thought less wouldn't necessarily make you feel bad, maybe just not good "enough". I also have wondered how it is that Peat says he's felt just as much effect from 30mg as he has from 300mg (I believe I have the gist of that correct). With progesterone, I'm just not sure how much is too much, or if you wish to take both, you may need less progesterone because (some of?) the pregnenolone will convert to progesterone.

Sirkama

B6 doesn't seem to work for my dermatitis. :cry: I've tried it both orally and topically. Any other ideas?

Kray

Sirkama said:
B6 doesn't seem to work for my dermatitis. :cry: I've tried it both orally and topically. Any other ideas?

Do you have seb derm? Or some other? I've had an outbreak for the past year now. After trying many supplements, food elimination, etc, it is coming under control. I can't attribute it to any one thing, and I've tried umpteen topicals. Lately, this is what has helped: www.aidanceproducts.com
If you are sure what your particular condition is, there is a "Shop by Condition" link that suggests which product would be beneficial. I wanted one with the least "actives", so I went with the original Terrasil. So far itching reduced by half or more. Of course you'll still have to address the underlying cause, but it may be easier to pinpoint once you get the rash calmed down a bit. If you're taking thyroid, make sure your calorie intake/quality foods will support the increased metabolism.

I'm still keeping up with key vitamins, keeping starches low, etc. Others have said optimal calcium intake is important too. For me, reducing caffeine helped. If I want more coffee, I choose organic decaf.

Hope this might help, just my experience. Let us know how you do!

Sirkama

I'm pretty sure it's seborrheic, but I'm not 100%. It's mainly around my nose, and it follows this pattern and looks a lot like this (NSFW?).

I've tried different vitamins, mainly A and a few B-vitamins (B1, B2, B6), and I'm in the process of eliminating different foods. IIRC the rash was slightly better before Peating, so maybe I react badly to a Peat-approved food? I'm not using thyroid, so I don't think it's caused by an increased metabolism (or maybe it is?)... I'll reduce my caffeine intake (which is extremely high) and look into Terrasil, thanks! :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Coffee burns up B6 due to increased metabolism. How much B6 did you take?

Sirkama

100-200mg. As you've mentioned previously, there's a risk of nerve damage, so I'm a bit afraid to go even higher.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

I completely understand. Thats why i will not tell anyone how much I am taking now because I dont want them to try it out and hurt themselves. However, if I do not keep up with this dose dermatitis comes immediately back.

J

j.

Isn't there a precursor form of vitamin B6 that makes it less likely you get toxic effects?

Kray

Sirkama said:
I'm pretty sure it's seborrheic, but I'm not 100%. It's mainly around my nose, and it follows this pattern and looks a lot like this (NSFW?).

I've tried different vitamins, mainly A and a few B-vitamins (B1, B2, B6), and I'm in the process of eliminating different foods. IIRC the rash was slightly better before Peating, so maybe I react badly to a Peat-approved food? I'm not using thyroid, so I don't think it's caused by an increased metabolism (or maybe it is?)... I'll reduce my caffeine intake (which is extremely high) and look into Terrasil, thanks! :)

I had more trouble it seems when I was doing thyroid. I remembered Dr Peat's advice to go for diet, maybe pregnenolone, progest first (females esp), so I'm back to that place for now. For me, it is hard to know what foods may contribute, as my rash response is not immediate to any particular food. So the best I have done is to limit my starch to almost nil, cut caffeine down, keep fruit/sugar up to protein intake, low PUFA, etc.

Hope you can figure out things; if you try the Terrasil, I hope it helps. They do have a 90-day money-back guarantee, and since your rash seems to be limited in area, a small jar may be all you need. However, the rep advised they will exchange up or down during the 90 days for any price difference.

Please keep me posted!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

j. said:
Isn't there a precursor form of vitamin B6 that makes it less likely you get toxic effects?
P5P or something like that. I think it's would be hard to get toxic levels from it, if you are burning it all up.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

No, I use B6 powder.

edit: Since starting lisuride, I have had to increase the dose even more.

Sirkama

classicallady- Thanks for the information! I will keep you posted. :)

Kray

Sirkama said:
classicallady- Thanks for the information! I will keep you posted. :)

Sounds good, see you then! :)

tinkerer

Charlie said:
j. said:
P5P or something like that. I think it's would be hard to get toxic levels from it, if you are burning it all up.
Yes, P5P. It's in a form that doesn't have to be converted. People like me with a MTHFR mutation have difficulty converting the cheap form of B6 and do better with the more bioavailable and less toxic form called P5P. What doesn't get used reportedly gets expelled in the urine.

J

j.

tinkerer, what's the name of the cheap one, the less bioavaliable for you and more toxic?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals