New to the Forum, not to Peat's Theory

selhaverramos

Hi I found this board by accident though I've been a Ray Peat follower for years. I had no idea he had such a following online. :): I was googling information on CynoPlus and somehow landed here.

Long story short, I'm a client of Lita Lee, Ph.D. (advocate for thyroid glandular based on teachings of Dr. Raymond Peat). Thyroid glandulars and Enzyme Formulations by Dr. Loomis have kept me on my feet for 10 years but two months ago I had a setback when I woke up dizzy and unable to stand. I'm able to move around now and am learning to cope with the vertigo but still have to sleep sitting up and forget doing any exercise beyond walking and also don't ask me to remember anything as that's impossible without a notepad. :lol: Anyway, Lita increased my thyroid glandular and Cynomel but I'm maxed out at this point and she's suggesting stopping the glandular and taking CynoPlus until I'm through this phase (which appears to be menopause related). On the plus side my migraines are gone...replaced by vertigo. There are days though when I'd trade this craziness for the pain again.

I've been on a pro-thyroid diet but hoping to glean more info on this forum. I just started digging around and can see I have a lot of reading to do. Thanks for everyone's input on here, looking forward to learning more as I troll around.

Tamera, from the U.S., don't ask me my age as I can't remember it. ;)

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
Tamera, welcome to the forum. :welcome

Hope you figure out whats going on with the vertigo stuff.

selhaverramos

Thanks! I've been on here for hours reading and sipping my salted OJ lol. Think CynoPlus will be the way to go, just so accustomed to the glandular and old habits die hard. From what I'm reading elsewhere I'm a tad screwed while my body adjusts to menopause and I'm just going to have to adapt to it and be ready for change. I did find info on the forum that I had forgotten about, stuff Lita Lee told me to do but over the years I forgot about or just got away from doing. Back to the basics. And more carrot salad.

Mittir

Welcome to the forum
Are your thyroid numbers within range? Hypothyroid people needs extra salt as they have problem retaining sodium.
I was surprised to find out that i need a lot of salt to feel energetic. It helps with allergy and sleep too.
Surprising part was my thyroid numbers are all within good range. You can test your electrolyte.But those test shows extreme conditions. You can read this RP interview .It is very informative and he discusses about extra need for salt,magnesium and copper for hypothyroid people.

http://www.thyroid-info.com/articles/ray-peat.htm

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Balding Chad Finds Ray Peat Forum Hair & Nails 27
Mark2020 New To The Forum, But Not New To Peat - My 8 Years On This Journey Discussing Dietary Models 35
yerrag Who Is This Woman? Ray Peat Forum Member? Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 0
jzeno Thank You Ray Peat And Danny Roddy And This Forum: Just Recorded All New Record High Body Temp. 99F Testimonials 15
charlie Announcement Introducing The New Ray Peat Forum Search Engine! Ray Peat Forum Announcements 35
ddjd Android App For Ray Peat Forum? The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 1
natedawggh Politics In The Ray Peat Forum And Retaliation Rant or Rave 16
MB50 Ray Peat Forum Video Discussion? Ask For Help or Advice 10
B Ray Peat Discussion On Jack Kruse Forums (alternative Medicine Forum) Resources 39
B Hello sunny Ray Peat Forum - from gloomy, cold, depressing United Kingdom Meet & Greet 2
R Does Ray Peat read this forum? Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 11
J Ray Peat Forum: New Design Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 13
charlie Ray Peat Forum Will Be Switching Themes Ray Peat Forum Announcements 30
charlie Check Out The New Ray Peat Forum Portal! Ray Peat Forum Announcements 7
charlie List of Countries Accessing Ray Peat Forum The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 7
charlie Happy Thanksgiving Ray Peat Forum! Ray Peat Forum Announcements 3
K Thanks, Everyone Interacting on this Forum Meet & Greet 4
PurpleHeart Is this forum Highjacked? Miscellaneous 165
Brandin Poll: hopefully disproving my mom in her theory that This forum is a bunch of Nazis... Polls 63
P forum suggestion - diet list accessible by hovering mouse over users Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 12
M Is Anyone From The Forum From Germany Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 0
Inaut Something Different For The Forum Miscellaneous 5
GuiCHE My Contribution To The Forum Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 78
B Almost Everyone On This Forum Is Highly Misinformed Health 51
A Some Dude Sounding High IQ Talking About Looksmaxxing On An Incel Forum Ask For Help or Advice 72
S What's Up With Raising Body Temperature In This Forum? Thyroid and Hormones 5
J New To The Forum. Been Doing A Experiement Here Recently Experiments 21
S Google Is Censoring This Forum Miscellaneous 42
I Anti-Peat The Overwhelming Majority Of This Forum Is Depressed Debate - Anti-Peat 64
A Guys Should We Rename This Forum To The Marylin Monroe Forum? Rant or Rave 18
B You Have No Idea How Glad I Am To Have Found This Forum K 10
Lenny Need Help Taking DHEA/PREG And Searching This Forum! Ask For Help or Advice 16
B Why Is This Forum Still So Obsessed With Studies Autism 51
C New To Forum Hair & Nails 3
Pulstar Current Forum Frame Size And Color At 100% Zoom Level Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 3
jamies33 Frustrated With Medicine, Doctors - Where To Get Good Health Advice Outside Of This Forum? Natural Dessicated Thyroid 14
Aaron Hey! This Forum Full Of Geniuses Has Helped Deliver Me From Sad Cripple To Super Saiyan Meet & Greet 51
N New To Forum - Struggle With Hormone Imbalance But Suspecting Lifelong Serotonin See Saw Ask For Help or Advice 17
indeterminacy Why Do You Think MDMA Clears My Skin And Makes It "glow" (+ My [re]introduction To The Forum) Mental Issues 0
AretnaP This Forum Needs A Red Theme Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 0
healthnatura Minimal Presence On This Forum Health Natura 31
S What Is The Final Verdict On LDN On The Forum? Cholesterol 26
Danni Q Young Triple Positive Breast Cancer New To Forum Meet & Greet 26
raypeatclips This Forum Being Unresponsive For Anyone Else? Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 7
Milena Has The Redlightman Discount For Forum Members Ended? Red Light, Infrared, LLLT 11
W Forum Website Down So Often! The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 0
theman55 Newbie, Looking For A Good Forum To Be Social/learn All I Can Meet & Greet 2
S Forum Bugging Me About Avatar Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 7
johnwester130 When Did This Forum Start Complaining About The PUFA In Coconut Oil ? Coconut Oil 36
whodathunkit I'm Getting A Message From All Browsers About Forum's Security Certificate Suggestions, Complaints, Board Glitches 16