Taking raw beef kidney & liver like pills for amazing benefit

Dr. B

I haven't tampered with liver for at least 4 months now. Perhaps I might be fine to take some small portions here and there, but I ended up stopping because eating liver in any capacity was causing symptoms of excess acidity.

I've consumed several pounds of liver over the course of the 2 years prior and I have a broad speculation that the inordinate amount of retinol from the liver had interfered with my ability to handle beta carotene, hence having repeatedly negative side effects from carrot and sweet potato that weren't present around 6-8 years ago.

To further speculate, I think the issue might have something to do with my bile storage. Eating raw vegetable juice, both cooked and raw vegetables (omit red, orange, and yellow ones), and taking olive oil with these foods on a daily basis has given me steady improvement in every way. Skin, sleep, mood, exercise, etc.

You mentioned dandruff earlier, what causes that?

So both vitamin A, and CBD supplements, cause acne, dandruff or white flakes in the hair, greasy scalp hair, hair loss… actually both cause dry, shrunken eyes as well. As far as vitamin A even 5000IU daily is enough to cause the effects. As far as CBD, just 50mg daily is enough, which is very small for a natural substance, but maybe Cbd supplements are extracted out so you would normally need a lot more plant material to get 50mg cbd. Anyway its strange they both have these similar effects.

Vitamin K2 i do get hair loss from, the supplement form. But it doesnt seem to cause any skin issues. Vitamin E causes some of the similar effects of vitamin A and cbd. But it takes high doses like 100mg+ which is much more than the 15mg rda.

The A i used was retinyl palmitate.

Btw grass fed liver pills like from ancestral supplements do not cause the same effects. Whole milks vitamin A doesnt cause the issues either. Im thinking its likely also that if i ate a huge amount of certain nuts or seeds with vitamin E, they wouldnt cause the effects of the supplement. As far as liver and milk its not just the b vitamins counteracting the vitamin A because you can take a b complex supplement with the vitamin A and still get the issues from it. Even it you take it with other fat solubles you still get the issues. Ive tried A with D3 only, with D3, K2, E all taken in the same day, even putting vitamin C into the mix. Btw vitamin C seems to powerfully shrink and dry out the eyes too, maybe anti histamine effect or something else.

Last edited:

Kray

I haven't tampered with liver for at least 4 months now. Perhaps I might be fine to take some small portions here and there, but I ended up stopping because eating liver in any capacity was causing symptoms of excess acidity.

I've consumed several pounds of liver over the course of the 2 years prior and I have a broad speculation that the inordinate amount of retinol from the liver had interfered with my ability to handle beta carotene, hence having repeatedly negative side effects from carrot and sweet potato that weren't present around 6-8 years ago.

To further speculate, I think the issue might have something to do with my bile storage. Eating raw vegetable juice, both cooked and raw vegetables (omit red, orange, and yellow ones), and taking olive oil with these foods on a daily basis has given me steady improvement in every way. Skin, sleep, mood, exercise, etc.
Very interesting, that's helpful to know. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you're noticing improvements. Other than carrots, what types of vegetables do you consume raw? How do you think olive oil helps?

OP
Twohandsondeck
You mentioned dandruff earlier, what causes that?
I'd guess that it's a result of something being detoxed from the brain. Could be PUFA drying out the skin as it leaves the fatty brain.

For what it's worth, I had moderately bad dandruff from the age of 15 to about 4 months ago. I'm 30 now. It went into remission/was cured after about a month of getting a lot of sunlight, drinking 30+ ounces of vegetable juice (cucumber, celery), eating cooked potatoes or masa harina (corn starch), having modest amounts of animal flesh, and drinking some beer on a nightly basis.

Coinciding with the reversal of dandruff, my hair follicles on the side of my head stopped coming in grey; color seems to have been restored to my hair as I write now.

Btw grass fed liver pills like from ancestral supplements do not cause the same effects. Whole milks vitamin A doesnt cause the issues either. Im thinking its likely also that if i ate a huge amount of certain nuts or seeds with vitamin E, they wouldnt cause the effects of the supplement.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who perceives a negative response to most synthetic vitamins.

Very interesting, that's helpful to know. Thanks for sharing. Glad to hear you're noticing improvements. Other than carrots, what types of vegetables do you consume raw? How do you think olive oil helps?

I try not to eat any carrots at this time.

I eat mostly cucumbers, celery, zucchini, and iceberg lettuce. I eat them both raw and cooked at the same time.

I cook one portion with olive oil and a lid. After it's cooked, I combine it with a raw portion before decorating it with more (uncooked) olive oil, salt, and black pepper.

If I add romaine lettuce, potato, and/or meat, it will always been with the cooked portion.

Additionally, I'll juice 1-2 cups of whatever green ones I feel like. The end result is what you'd imagine (raw vegetables are on the bottom):
20231212_191610.jpg

I think that the olive oil is an oil exchange for the liver & gall bladder. Bile (which breaks down fat) is secreted every time we eat. Some of the fat that is broken down is recirculated in the liver (enterohepatic recirculation). In theory, olive oil helps cleanse the recirculating (stored) fat over time.

The recirculating fat of the liver might include an accumulation of fat soluble substances such as shelf stabilizers, emulsifiers, thickeners, PUFA, food texturing agents, synthetic vitamins, etc... and - in theory - could loosely explain some so-called 'autoimmune' responses.

Kray

I'd guess that it's a result of something being detoxed from the brain. Could be PUFA drying out the skin as it leaves the fatty brain.

For what it's worth, I had moderately bad dandruff from the age of 15 to about 4 months ago. I'm 30 now. It went into remission/was cured after about a month of getting a lot of sunlight, drinking 30+ ounces of vegetable juice (cucumber, celery), eating cooked potatoes or masa harina (corn starch), having modest amounts of animal flesh, and drinking some beer on a nightly basis.

Coinciding with the reversal of dandruff, my hair follicles on the side of my head stopped coming in grey; color seems to have been restored to my hair as I write now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who perceives a negative response to most synthetic vitamins.

I eat mostly cucumbers, celery, zucchini, and iceberg lettuce. I eat them both raw and cooked at the same time.

I cook one portion with olive oil and a lid. After it's cooked, I combine it with a raw portion before decorating it with more (uncooked) olive oil, salt, and black pepper.

If I add romaine lettuce, potato, and/or meat, it will always been with the cooked portion.

Additionally, I'll juice 1-2 cups of whatever green ones I feel like. The end result is what you'd imagine (raw vegetables are on the bottom):
View attachment 59291

I think that the olive oil is an oil exchange for the liver & gall bladder. Bile (which breaks down fat) is secreted every time we eat. Some of the fat that is broken down is recirculated in the liver (enterohepatic recirculation). In theory, olive oil helps cleanse the recirculating (stored) fat over time.

The recirculating fat of the liver might include an accumulation of fat soluble substances such as shelf stabilizers, emulsifiers, thickeners, PUFA, food texturing agents, synthetic vitamins, etc... and - in theory - could loosely explain some so-called 'autoimmune' responses.
I re-read your 2021 post on raw liver/meat routine. You mentioned now that you are off liver. Are you also not eating other raw animal meat or organs (kidney)? Interesting point on olive oil. It is highly (if not all) mono-fat, and it makes one wonder if all the saturated fat- albeit good for us- requires that purging effect. Is this something you learned from naturopathic medicine? I am seeing an acupuncturist and she recommends minimal saturated fat. I can only assume it has to do with bogging down the liver, per your comment on olive oil. And if someone is being treated for liver help, that would make perfect sense.

Also, my acupuncturist suggests "slightly steamed" vegetables. That would pretty much eliminate Brassica family vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower) due to their goitrogenic nature. Do you eat the zucchini raw, or just the celery and cucumber? And do you mean that when you add lettuce, you let it warm with any of the cooked portion, making it more digestible? IIRC, radish, cucumber, some lettuces, and carrot are about the only raw vegetables considered Peaty.

Last edited:

Dutchie

I re-read your 2021 post on raw liver/meat routine. You mentioned now that you are off liver. Are you also not eating other raw animal meat or organs (kidney)? Interesting point on olive oil. It is highly (if not all) mono-fat, and it makes one wonder if all the saturated fat- albeit good for us- requires that purging effect. Is this something you learned from naturopathic medicine? I am seeing an acupuncturist and she recommends minimal saturated fat. I can only assume it has to do with bogging down the liver, per your comment on olive oil. And if someone is being treated for liver help, that would make perfect sense.

Also, my acupuncturist suggests "slightly steamed" vegetables. That would pretty much eliminate Brassica family vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower) due to their goitrogenic nature. Do you eat the zucchini raw, or just the celery and cucumber? And do you mean that when you add lettuce, you let it warm with any of the cooked portion, making it more digestible? IIRC, radish, cucumber, some lettuces, and carrot are about the only raw vegetables considered Peaty.
Radishes also contain goitrogen.

OP
Twohandsondeck
You mentioned now that you are off liver. Are you also not eating other raw animal meat or organs (kidney)?
At this time I'm actively avoiding liver, yes. Could be a vitamin A or copper thing, hard to postulate one way or the other.

I still assume kidney would be a fine meat to ingest, I just haven't recently because I've been happy with the health progress I've been making given the current template.

I'm not opposed to eating any meat raw, it's just not as pleasant as it's cooked counterparts. It still seems clear that raw meat digests with less complications than cooked meat, so then my lack of consumption of meat in the raw form may only be chalked up to laziness.

Interesting point on olive oil. It is highly (if not all) mono-fat, and it makes one wonder if all the saturated fat- albeit good for us- requires that purging effect. Is this something you learned from naturopathic medicine? I am seeing an acupuncturist and she recommends minimal saturated fat- assuming that is helpful for the liver?

I have a vague memory of both Atom Bergstrom and Karen Hurd making the point about taking clean plant oils with meals as a means of cleansing the current bile. Secondly, the Aajonus theory is that all fruit and vegetable foods act as cleansers, so thus the oils from them should fall in suite.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Do you eat the zucchini raw, or just the celery and cucumber? And do you mean that when you add lettuce, you let it warm with any of the cooked portion, making it more digestible? IIRC, radish, cucumber, some lettuces, and carrot are about the only raw vegetables considered Peaty.
Both raw and cooked cucumber, celery, zucchini, lettuce, yeah.

Cooking the vegetables makes them more digestible and less filling.

I think there's benefits to both cooked and raw vegetables, hence a reason to include them both.

Kray

I think there's benefits to both cooked and raw vegetables, hence a reason to include them both.
Thanks for your feedback. I'm glad things are going well for you now. And as the saying goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. 👍

Kray

One more question- do you consume any dairy? What has been your understanding about milk as a good source of calcium? Any difference between raw and pasteurized on that point? It's one other thing I'm being told- that we don't have the enzymes to digest it, and it's full of estrogen. From a TCM standpoint, it's (dairy) damp-producing food, one I should avoid.

Thank you!

OP
Twohandsondeck
One more question- do you consume any dairy? What has been your understanding about milk as a good source of calcium? Any difference between raw and pasteurized on that point? It's one other thing I'm being told- that we don't have the enzymes to digest it, and it's full of estrogen. From a TCM standpoint, it's (dairy) damp-producing food, one I should avoid.
Yeah, I stick to raw dairy as much as possible because it feels so much better than the pasteurized stuff. That might be because of the estrogen factor you mentioned, too.

I find that the foods suggested by TCM to clear dampness (namely cooked vegetables if I remember correctly) are always helpful to counteract any possible negative consequences of dairy consumption. With that said, I always try to keep dairy and vegetable consumption a few hours apart from each other.

If possible, taking any form of dairy at room temperature will always aid digestion compared to a cold counterpart.

Kray

Yeah, I stick to raw dairy as much as possible because it feels so much better than the pasteurized stuff. That might be because of the estrogen factor you mentioned, too.

I find that the foods suggested by TCM to clear dampness (namely cooked vegetables if I remember correctly) are always helpful to counteract any possible negative consequences of dairy consumption. With that said, I always try to keep dairy and vegetable consumption a few hours apart from each other.

If possible, taking any form of dairy at room temperature will always aid digestion compared to a cold counterpart.
Good points- make sense- but so easy to forget about in the day-to-day. Thank you again, very much 👍

Dr. B

View attachment 59291

I normally dont get dandruff on a mostly milk diet with other animal flesh, carbs etc. i have started to get dandruff if i use cbd supplements, vitamin A supplements, or also progesterone and dhea or pregnenolone supplements.

I also had dandruff as a kid, but i was doing many things wrong at that time. I was using claritin or anti allergy medicine, was often eating home cooked meals which were cooked with regular tap water, and canola oil. And often eating cereals or pizzas which have the vitamin fortified flour or bread… pizza probably has pufa oils and even many childrens cereals have added iron, pufa.

OP
Twohandsondeck
I also had dandruff as a kid, but i was doing many things wrong at that time. I was using claritin or anti allergy medicine, was often eating home cooked meals which were cooked with regular tap water, and canola oil. And often eating cereals or pizzas which have the vitamin fortified flour or bread… pizza probably has pufa oils and even many childrens cereals have added iron, pufa.
Yep. The genesis of most health problems in America starts looking something like that, I think.

Dr. B

Thank you!

The estrogen factor I would think is coming from the cows fed soy, corn, grains, non organic stuff. I dont think raw vs pasteurized milk affects the estrogen factor unless theres some sort of estrogens being released in the actual processing of pasteurization. For example if heated plastic is somehow part of the process and interacts with the milk. Otherwise pasteurization is just heating the milk then quickly cooling it afterwards.

Even non organic cheap milk like from walmart, isnt going to be as estrogenic as the low quality meats or protein bars. And even without the enzymes to digest it, it should still digest better than most things on the market. Most things nowadays have filler ingredients added to them, even non organic eggs can actually be treated with color. Even with overall poor digestion, poor quality A1 milk should still digest better than high fiber foods or gluten or starch foods.

Also the raw factor doesnt guarantee quality, the most important are organic A2 and 100% grass fed I think. Most milks arent 100% grass fed. Calcium in general lowers prolactin and estrogen. If the estrogens are still showing up in organic 100% grass fed milks then maybe they are just in cows milk naturally to help with growth. In that case it may not be safe then. I have heard different things on the estrogen point with some people saying skim milk had less estrogens, some saying whole milk had less estrogens.
I dont know about skim vs whole or raw vs pasteurized but organic should for sure make a difference since non organic cows could be getting injected with different hormones. Non grass fed could be getting fed estrogenic foods.

Kray

The estrogen factor I would think is coming from the cows fed soy, corn, grains, non organic stuff. I dont think raw vs pasteurized milk affects the estrogen factor unless theres some sort of estrogens being released in the actual processing of pasteurization. For example if heated plastic is somehow part of the process and interacts with the milk. Otherwise pasteurization is just heating the milk then quickly cooling it afterwards.

Even non organic cheap milk like from walmart, isnt going to be as estrogenic as the low quality meats or protein bars. And even without the enzymes to digest it, it should still digest better than most things on the market. Most things nowadays have filler ingredients added to them, even non organic eggs can actually be treated with color. Even with overall poor digestion, poor quality A1 milk should still digest better than high fiber foods or gluten or starch foods.

Also the raw factor doesnt guarantee quality, the most important are organic A2 and 100% grass fed I think. Most milks arent 100% grass fed. Calcium in general lowers prolactin and estrogen. If the estrogens are still showing up in organic 100% grass fed milks then maybe they are just in cows milk naturally to help with growth. In that case it may not be safe then. I have heard different things on the estrogen point with some people saying skim milk had less estrogens, some saying whole milk had less estrogens.
I dont know about skim vs whole or raw vs pasteurized but organic should for sure make a difference since non organic cows could be getting injected with different hormones. Non grass fed could be getting fed estrogenic foods.
I agree it's very confusing, with lots of different factors at play, and many competing "truths" that should be confirmed or denied. As much as I am for good-quality milk, it does beg the question-- what really is good-quality milk? And does it really do a body good? It seems to be a subject where one can find whatever he's looking for on the internet- either good or bad. If anyone here can provide some reliable resources (other than Peat), please do so.

I think you are correct though to say maybe the two most important factors are: organic; and A2.

Thanks for your input.

Dr. B

I agree it's very confusing, with lots of different factors at play, and many competing "truths" that should be confirmed or denied. As much as I am for good-quality milk, it does beg the question-- what really is good-quality milk? And does it really do a body good? It seems to be a subject where one can find whatever he's looking for on the internet- either good or bad. If anyone here can provide some reliable resources (other than Peat), please do so.

I think you are correct though to say maybe the two most important factors are: organic; and A2.

Thanks for your input.

The majority of people having issues with milk are having the standard american milk which isnt organic grass fed and isnt A2. There is an A2 milk brand which does seem popular as ive seen it everywhere walmart target and all the stores. But that one is ultra pasteurized, it still isnt organic and has vitamin D3 added. The. Vitamin fortified milks contain propylene glycol and polysorbate 80 as filler ingredients. So those two can also cause intolerances and allergy like symptoms even though they are filler ingredients.
Also its propylene glycol or polyethylene glycol i cant remember.

Kray

The majority of people having issues with milk are having the standard american milk which isnt organic grass fed and isnt A2. There is an A2 milk brand which does seem popular as ive seen it everywhere walmart target and all the stores. But that one is ultra pasteurized, it still isnt organic and has vitamin D3 added. The. Vitamin fortified milks contain propylene glycol and polysorbate 80 as filler ingredients. So those two can also cause intolerances and allergy like symptoms even though they are filler ingredients.
Also its propylene glycol or polyethylene glycol i cant remember.
I had no idea about these additives in fortified milk! It makes me even more thankful to have access to raw A2 milk where I live. The only drawbacks are that it isn't certified organic and I think the cows aren't accessible to grass 100% of the year.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals