Kidney Pain!

scoobydoo

So my whole family has a big history of Kidney disease, and stones. For a while I've had on and off kidney pain and nausea that usually occurs just at night before bed, however, recently its been more frequent. Wondering what peoples thoughts are on supporting the kidney (diet/supplements) and possibly removing stones in the least painful way possible ;D

I know my dietary calcium is fairly low due to my reliance on Almond milk instead of real nourishing milk (gives me lots of pain). I eat a fair amount of meats (high phosphorus/CA). I also eat lots of vitamin C which I'm not sure is great because of showing high levels of Oxalates in urine

I currently take:
3 drops Estroban
1mg K2 before bed
1 serving of Magnoil
30 drops Mitolipin
2 drops Oxidal - interestingly enough seems to ease kidney pain
Energin occasionally

I am considering taking tocovit in high doses as it seems to benefit the kidneys from my understanding.
Thoughts on that?

Labs:
Calcium 10.3 (high)
Prolactin 15
PTH 18 (mid-low range)
1,25 Calcium 65
25 OH Vit D 41

Albumin sometimes elevated mildly
Often show signs of dehydration in labs as well despite high electrolyte/sodium/water intake

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Have you considered chanca piedra?

OP
S

scoobydoo

Have you considered chanca piedra?
I've only looked briefly into it. Does it directly support the kidneys or help when stones are already in the urinary tract? I'm trying to work out what would help break up the stones that are actually in the kidneys still. I know some citrates have been shown to help?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I've only looked briefly into it. Does it directly support the kidneys or help when stones are already in the urinary tract? I'm trying to work out what would help break up the stones that are actually in the kidneys still. I know some citrates have been shown to help?
It's referred to as a "stone breaker".

Jennifer

@scoobydoo -- To help with the pain, you could try tart cherry juice. For kidney health, I find watermelon and dark grapes help with my filtration -- my family has a history of kidney disease too, stemming from poor adrenal and thyroid/parathyroid function.

OP
S

scoobydoo

@scoobydoo -- To help with the pain, you could try tart cherry juice. For kidney health, I find watermelon and dark grapes help with my filtration -- my family has a history of kidney disease too, stemming from poor adrenal and thyroid/parathyroid function.
Thanks for the tips
Watermelon is my fav so that won’t be a challenge
Are there any concerns for taking too much k2 or vitamin E? I just wasn’t sure if k2 can deplete the body of calcium more so if one is deficient

Jennifer

Thanks for the tips
Watermelon is my fav so that won’t be a challenge
Are there any concerns for taking too much k2 or vitamin E? I just wasn’t sure if k2 can deplete the body of calcium more so if one is deficient
You're welcome! :)

The only concern I'm familiar with is their effect on blood clotting, but it wouldn't surprise me if isolated k2 could potentially throw calcium levels off since vitamin D supps. can. I see your calcium came back high -- does it normally? Your prolactin seems a bit elevated too (for a male). I'm almost certain Ray mentioned ideal is between 4 and 7 for males.

OP
S

scoobydoo

You're welcome! :)

The only concern I'm familiar with is their effect on blood clotting, but it wouldn't surprise me if isolated k2 could potentially throw calcium levels off since vitamin D supps. can. I see your calcium came back high -- does it normally? Your prolactin seems a bit elevated too (for a male). I'm almost certain Ray mentioned ideal is between 4 and 7 for males.
Yes both are high you are correct
I’ve only tested prolactin that one time and I suspect it’s lower
However calcium is always stubbornly high

RealNeat

So my whole family has a big history of Kidney disease, and stones. For a while I've had on and off kidney pain and nausea that usually occurs just at night before bed, however, recently its been more frequent. Wondering what peoples thoughts are on supporting the kidney (diet/supplements) and possibly removing stones in the least painful way possible ;D

I know my dietary calcium is fairly low due to my reliance on Almond milk instead of real nourishing milk (gives me lots of pain). I eat a fair amount of meats (high phosphorus/CA). I also eat lots of vitamin C which I'm not sure is great because of showing high levels of Oxalates in urine

I currently take:
3 drops Estroban
1mg K2 before bed
1 serving of Magnoil
30 drops Mitolipin
2 drops Oxidal - interestingly enough seems to ease kidney pain
Energin occasionally

I am considering taking tocovit in high doses as it seems to benefit the kidneys from my understanding.
Thoughts on that?

Labs:
Calcium 10.3 (high)
Prolactin 15
PTH 18 (mid-low range)
1,25 Calcium 65
25 OH Vit D 41

Albumin sometimes elevated mildly
Often show signs of dehydration in labs as well despite high electrolyte/sodium/water intake
Almond milk is chock full of oxalates. If you are developing oxalate stones, I would hold back on that almond milk asap.

OP
S

scoobydoo

Almond milk is chock full of oxalates. If you are developing oxalate stones, I would hold back on that almond milk asap.[/QUOTE
Hahah oh gosh you’re so right
Totally blanked on that. I lowered all my other sources of oxalates but didn’t think of almond milk
Do you think calcium citrate supplementation is ok instead? Dairy doesn’t agree with me yet

tac a wah

Kidney pain (lumbago), kidney stones, I can attest to, that the common- Wild Hydrangea arborescens root - has helped many to be freed from both of these issues including my own dear spouse during a pregnancy. 1-2 500 mg. caps 4x daily has helped many.

Almond milk is chock full of oxalates. If you are developing oxalate stones, I would hold back on that almond milk asap.
+1

Also,citrate as in Magnesiumcitrate,is known to hinder the production
of kidneystones and to dissolve them. Dont know the dosages at all,
But up to 5g to 10g from all sources would be OK?
With lot of Water dissolved over the course of the day,and swishing
the mouth after consumption with clear water.

OP
S

scoobydoo

Thanks everyone! I suspect it’s an issue between calcium and phosphorus
I have lowered meat intake a bit, and I N.V. teased k2 supplementation along with more calcium
I have not had it in a couple days *knock on wood*

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals