Finally becoming immune to sunburn, here's how:

ReSTART

The long short of it is that I think that a tremendous portion of fat lines our body just under the top layers of our skin. This fat and the related lymphatic system is basically our insulation. Unadulterated saturated fat is the lifeblood of this insulating armor. It provides the structure and substance by which we are altogether cleansed, thermally insured, and hydrated by.
100% correct, the fat u eat is stored. If you eat all pufa, well your fat will be mostly pufa. And it is unstable and oxidises easily… bang sunburn…

David PS

Jennifer

@Twohandsondeck, haha! I feel similarly. I mean, I could still be swept away by a strong breeze, but I did gain quite a bit of muscle while following WAPF.

That's really interesting about mono diets causing weight loss. Did he have a theory as to why? I consume mixed meals, but I'm slimmer now than I was when I was living on melons and grapes, maybe due to better blood sugar control? It only took me about two decades to figured out that low fat, low protein, high carb diets were causing my hypoglycemia, among other things.

@James b, you're welcome. :)

I’ve done ultrasounds, QCT and DXA scans. I'll only do ultrasounds now, given what Ray wrote in his Bone Density article:

I’ve also done blood and urine tests to track bone degredation like a NTx test. One of the most useful tests for me turned out to be a basic metabolic panel. I noticed that my mum’s chronically elevated alkaline phosphatase level fell in range when she was put on thyroid and rose again when she was taken off it. I looked over my blood work and saw that my ALP level was elevated, too. I told my doctor and she said it's coming from either my liver or bones so she ordered a blood test and confirmed it was coming from my bones, which helped convince her to finally prescribe me thyroid. Since supplementing NDT, my ALP level has stayed within range. I'm hoping between that and my diet, my spine will remodel enough to withstand the weight of my pack and gear so I can climb again.

Good luck with your calcium experiment!

David PS

@Twohandsondeck, haha! I feel similarly. I mean, I could still be swept away by a strong breeze, but I did gain quite a bit of muscle while following WAPF.

That's really interesting about mono diets causing weight loss. Did he have a theory as to why? I consume mixed meals, but I'm slimmer now than I was when I was living on melons and grapes, maybe due to better blood sugar control? It only took me about two decades to figured out that low fat, low protein, high carb diets were causing my hypoglycemia, among other things.

@James b, you're welcome. :)

I’ve done ultrasounds, QCT and DXA scans. I'll only do ultrasounds now, given what Ray wrote in his Bone Density article:

I’ve also done blood and urine tests to track bone degredation like a NTx test. One of the most useful tests for me turned out to be a basic metabolic panel. I noticed that my mum’s chronically elevated alkaline phosphatase level fell in range when she was put on thyroid and rose again when she was taken off it. I looked over my blood work and saw that my ALP level was elevated, too. I told my doctor and she said it's coming from either my liver or bones so she ordered a blood test and confirmed it was coming from my bones, which helped convince her to finally prescribe me thyroid. Since supplementing NDT, my ALP level has stayed within range. I'm hoping between that and my diet, my spine will remodel enough to withstand the weight of my pack and gear so I can climb again.

Good luck with your calcium experiment!
I have track my bone density using a biometric scale. I wrote about here:

Matestube

Answer: Eat lots of raw, unpasteurized animal fat. Raw butter, raw cream, raw milk, raw cheese, raw bone marrow, raw eggs, raw animal flesh, any and all of it. Add raw honey with all of these foods to increase their absorption.

I've lived in Florida (the United State closest to the equator) for my entire 29 years of life. The UV index during the summer is regularly 8-10. I've always, always burned after being outside on a hot summer day for more than 4 hours if I don't have any sunblock applied.

Over the past 7 years I have spent many 7-10 hour working days in the sun at outdoor venue. Invariably, I burn regardless of whatever the most recent dietary and/or lifestyle intervention I've been following is. Keto, vegetarian keto, paleo, grape fasting, milk fasting, pizza fasting, salt megadosing, vitamin C megadosing, putting meat up my a**, doesn't matter. Red burn, red burn, meds earned.

BUT the other day I once again found myself in a situation where I would be outside receiving a constant dose of 90 degree, beaming sunlight for 11 hours. No sunblock to start, just monitoring my arms as usual. 7 hours later and the sun is going down and my arms aren't even pink. To be fair, my face was slightly pink, but not burned.

The long short of it is that I think that a tremendous portion of fat lines our body just under the top layers of our skin. This fat and the related lymphatic system is basically our insulation. Unadulterated saturated fat is the lifeblood of this insulating armor. It provides the structure and substance by which we are altogether cleansed, thermally insured, and hydrated by.

Truly I say that over 90% of my dietary changes in the last 2 months have only been to flood myself with all of the aforementioned uncooked fats (alongside a large dose of honey) and it has not only improved my biological insulation, but also every tangible fragment of my conscious reality. 10/10 would recommend getting fat.

Deuteronomy 26:9-11
[9] And he hath brought us into this place, and hath given us this land, even a land that floweth with milk and honey.
[10] And now, behold, I have brought the firstfruits of the land, which thou, O LORD, hast given me. And thou shalt set it before the LORD thy God, and worship before the LORD thy God:
[11] And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.

As much as I know deep inside that the raw primal diet is the only diet that will bring perfect health, I can't do anything more than raw milk, raw eggs, raw honey and raw cheese for extended periods of time.
Raw meat and raw organs I can't eat more than once a week or I'll want to throw up.

Jennifer

I have track my bone density using a biometric scale. I wrote about here:

Wonderful! My dad has a body fat scale so I'll start tracking with it. Thank you for sharing, David. :)

David PS

Wonderful! My dad has a body fat scale so I'll start tracking with it. Thank you for sharing, David. :)
your welcome. A biometric scale is the cheapest (least expensive) way to track changes bone density/weight. But using some else's scale is even better.

OP
Twohandsondeck
I like this thread. I consider all these things to be additive but they will not totally eliminate the effects of sun. Based on the science, I have added the herb Fernblock (Polypodium leucotomos Extract) to my mix.
Haha that's actually the name of the herb! Very fitting addition in every way.
I know how you mean, that seems to be one of the side effects of a high fat intake. Aajonus notes that strongmen and weightlifters are often substantially stronger than bodybuilders, citing that the strength comes from the fat. I haven't found a reason to disagree yet.
Interesting. Blood sugar regulation takes precedence over every other function of the body, so it wouldn't surprise me if that is somehow related to a stressful storage mechanism of fat so that the body has extra water to use to buffer future, silly dietary choices.

It's funny you say that because it took me months after living as a fruitarian to figure out that my blood sugar was going all over the place with that diet. Sometimes it's hard to smell the upper lip lol
As much as I know deep inside that the raw primal diet is the only diet that will bring perfect health, I can't do anything more than raw milk, raw eggs, raw honey and raw cheese for extended periods of time.
Raw meat and raw organs I can't eat more than once a week or I'll want to throw up.
I empathize with you greatly. Right now I feel the same way. I see there are people who legitimately enjoy the raw meat and organs but I'm still in that boat of forcing myself to eat them from time to time. There's no doubt that it improves my health and digests way easier than the cooked versions, but it's just not fun to swallow lol

Matestube

I empathize with you greatly. Right now I feel the same way. I see there are people who legitimately enjoy the raw meat and organs but I'm still in that boat of forcing myself to eat them from time to time. There's no doubt that it improves my health and digests way easier than the cooked versions, but it's just not fun to swallow lol

Neither Goatis, Brian Johnson or Weam Breiche seem to be enjoying raw meat at all when you see them eat.
Even acting for the camera, they can barely contain their disgust.

Jennifer

your welcome. A biometric scale is the cheapest (least expensive) way to track changes bone density/weight. But using some else's scale is even better.

Yes, definitely. It's currently just collecting dust so I figure I can put it to good use.

Sometimes it's hard to smell the upper lip lol

Haha! So true.

Cloudhands

Im glad it worked for u bro. Just a statement for people out there, ive done everything, extended fat free diet for pufa elimination, high fat diet, high doses of various substances, and nothing works for me against sunburn. Keep in mind, i am a ginger with vampire like skin, but i personally think, (and im not necessarily talking about OP or anyone specifically), that people tend to overhype photoreflective hacks. Zinc oxide works alright, SolBan didnt work at all, and sunscreen works great but sucks. Shade obviously works well, but here in florida i will look like a meth addict walking around with an umbrella on a sunny day, not to say that stops me. I just stay inside during solar noon, which sucks. I do want to expiriment with fresh aloe gel as a sun block, as a recent old man i met who was recovering from skin cancer said that hes found it to work, even though he started too late.

golder

Im glad it worked for u bro. Just a statement for people out there, ive done everything, extended fat free diet for pufa elimination, high fat diet, high doses of various substances, and nothing works for me against sunburn. Keep in mind, i am a ginger with vampire like skin, but i personally think, (and im not necessarily talking about OP or anyone specifically), that people tend to overhype photoreflective hacks. Zinc oxide works alright, SolBan didnt work at all, and sunscreen works great but sucks. Shade obviously works well, but here in florida i will look like a meth addict walking around with an umbrella on a sunny day, not to say that stops me. I just stay inside during solar noon, which sucks. I do want to expiriment with fresh aloe gel as a sun block, as a recent old man i met who was recovering from skin cancer said that hes found it to work, even though he started too late.
Have you tried a small dose of intranasal Melanotan 2? Have a Google if you haven’t tried it.

Jennifer

Thank you for warning others. I may not burn easily now, but I live in the Northeast and don't spend all day out in the sun without protection so my experience may be different if different factors were involved. I don't trust that there isn't some skin damage happening even if I don't see redness, especially since freckles will appear when I "tan" and then disappear as my tan fades, so I use a zinc oxide sunscreen if I'm going to be out in the sun for hours.

aniciete

[I'll assume you're asking me o_O]

I don't care for the fattier cuts, no. I do lean cuts with extra butter on the side. Sirloin is my favorite.
Oh nice, that’s what I’d like to do but I can’t get my hands on good raw cow milk to make butter. I only have goat milk right now so maybe I’ll try to buy a separator but it seems like a lot of work lol.

OP
Twohandsondeck
Oh nice, that’s what I’d like to do but I can’t get my hands on good raw cow milk to make butter. I only have goat milk right now so maybe I’ll try to buy a separator but it seems like a lot of work lol.
Haha yeah I feel you. Butter obviously has unique properties, but the body is wise enough to purpose the fat in the milk to its needs as well.

Dave_Fit

My experience was elimination of PUFA, and eating a high amount of saturated fat allowed prolonged sunlight exposure without burning. We store PUFA, so the effect is not immediate, but after almost completely eliminating PUFA for close to a year, I seemed almost immune to sunburn. Ray has talked about this and it has been observed in other anti PUFA personalities. Basically the idea given was PUFA in our own fat stores becomes oxidized from sun exposure causes/highly contributes to the sunburn reaction.

reaching

[I'll assume you're asking me o_O]

I don't care for the fattier cuts, no. I do lean cuts with extra butter on the side. Sirloin is my favorite.

I went the longest time just doing raw meat, sometimes fattier cuts, but I finally did the butter with lean meat thing and wow. I find it incredibly palatable and digest even better. I dont have access to raw butter/dairy so never really gave the full primal a go but always find myself gravitating back towards raw meat.

Back
Top Bottom