OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
...also, you say high estrogen is a burden to the liver. If one is raising DHT via Androsterone, couldn't this also create a burden with extra elimination of estrogen?

The 5-AR derived steroids are aromatase inhibitors so they should actually decrease the amount of estrogen the liver has to eliminate.

Peatogenic

He said 10mg-15mg daily should be safe. It is at the top of the original post on adrosterone. It seems he is giving different answers to people depending on their context and health issues.

A
The 5-AR derived steroids are aromatase inhibitors so they should actually decrease the amount of estrogen the liver has to eliminate.

Oh, that's good to know. Another poster had said you can get a detox reaction from tissue estrogen being released with an impaired liver.

Also, I looked into the evidence for liver damage and activating autoimmune disorders with aromatase inhibitors, and it's very rare...even for the more accessible AI.

I've shifted from 3mg daily to 1-2mg every other day, and still seem to be getting positive benefits.

Fractality

This may be a naive question but, how can one differentiate between beneficial trophic effects and harmful trophic effects? Growth of the heart and liver within the context of steroids is typically considered a negative side effect.

Hans

Forum Supporter
This may be a naive question but, how can one differentiate between beneficial trophic effects and harmful trophic effects? Growth of the heart and liver within the context of steroids is typically considered a negative side effect.
Cortisol breaks down lean tissue, including the organs, really fast. The ability of andro to increase the tissue weight displays that its anti-cortisol and can prevent and even reverse the shrinkage caused by cortisol and decreased androgens.

As a side note, your organs burn a significant amount of fuel, so shrinking them drops your metabolic rate and vise versa.

Peatogenic

Cortisol breaks down lean tissue, including the organs, really fast. The ability of andro to increase the tissue weight displays that its anti-cortisol and can prevent and even reverse the shrinkage caused by cortisol and decreased androgens.

As a side note, your organs burn a significant amount of fuel, so shrinking them drops your metabolic rate and vise versa.

Wouldn't this be especially beneficial for thymus shrinkage?

Fractality

Right, I understand that, but the type of growth is key, right? A larger heart is not good, look at autopsy of bodybuilders (admittedly who take HGH and a whole lot of stuff) and the enlarged heart/liver is a risk factor for death.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Right, I understand that, but the type of growth is key, right? A larger heart is not good, look at autopsy of bodybuilders (admittedly who take HGH and a whole lot of stuff) and the enlarged heart/liver is a risk factor for death.
From the main post:
"androsterone, especially in females, possesses all the beneficial stimulating properties without producing in some organs (e.g., the uiterus) pathological effects which appear aftet injections of testosterone propionate"

Only large doses of androgens causes excess heart hypertrophy. You'd also probably not use 500mg+ andro per week right?

Testosterone is actually very good for the heart and cardiovascular function. But using supra-physiological doses for extended periods of time might start to have a negative effect.

Treadmill Exercise Training Prevents Myocardial Mechanical Dysfunction Induced by Androgenic-Anabolic Steroid Treatment in Rats
"Taken together, the present data suggest that AAS treatment is able to decrease cardiac performance (systolic and diastolic functions). The combination of stanozolol and physical training improved cardiac performance, including diastolic and systolic functions, independent of changes in central hemodynamic parameters. Therefore, changes in ventricular myocyte calcium transients may play a cardioprotective role."

I think, but correct me if I'm wrong, people get heart issues after they stop steroids and exercise almost cold turkey and other stressors take over.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

If you look at the studies they specifically used old animals or otherwise having atrophied tissues. The scientists are well aware of the difference between pathological hypertrophy and restoring (missing) tissue mass to healthy levels. Otherwise they would not be discussing using the steroid as kidney disease treatment.

Fractality

If you look at the studies they specifically used old animals or otherwise having atrophied tissues. The scientists are well aware of the difference between pathological hypertrophy and restoring (missing) tissue mass to healthy levels. Otherwise they would not be discussing using the steroid as kidney disease treatment.

Yeah that's what I thought but wanted to make sure :). Cardiac hypertrophy is no joke with AAS.

MatheusPN

The type of growth, dry not water gain, differentiation not proliferation, is usually the best type. So an aromatizable hormone like testosterone or something alike estrogen can have an bad/ not optimal hypertrophy because of proliferation, taking up water etc
An huge hypertrophy caused by something like DHT or progesterone I only imagine good things
Progesterone being hypertrophic in the sense it opposes catabolic hormones

Last edited: