Consistently cold & looking for guidance

metamorph

Hoping for some advice on my situation:

Male in mid-30s. In decent shape. I'm consistently cold, especially hands-feet. I've also just noticed temp drops upon having a meal. Noticing the temp drop especially with dinner but eating quality protein, carbs, fat with adequate sugar. I also have been facing a very stressful iatrogenic condition the last 2yrs which typically causes chronic pain/discomfort. Used exogenous corticosteroids since a toddler and began withdrawal from them 2yrs ago. So, recovering from potential HPA axis suppression amongst other things.

Found out I was hypo about 1yr ago and started implementing thyroid (cynomel/cynoplus). Nutritionally speaking I am eating 4-5x a day with a balance if protein, carbs, fats via an animal based/bioenergetic & Peat approach. I get beef liver and oysters throughout the week. Carrot salad almost every day, bamboo shoots 2-3x/week, boiled WB-mushrooms 1-2x/wk. Mexican coca-cola and orange juice daily.

I take;
-T3/T4 (currently 40mcg T3 - 60mcg T4 but plan on increasing dosage)
-Asprin: 2-4g/daily split up with meals (higher dose bc of pain/stress)
-K2: 1mg per 325mg of Asprin daily
-Pregnenolone: 70mg daily
-Progesterone: just started experiencing with Progest-E every so often
-Vit E: EOD
-Calcium Bicarb: Daily with a meal
-Magnesium
-Cascara (Emodin): EOD
-Cyproheptadine: just started .5mg with evening meal last few nights
-Coffee with cream and sugar daily
-Mexi coca-cola daily
-Orange juice daily

Not sure if I simply need to increase thyroid or what. I'll experiment with that but any additional advice would be helpful. If you have any questions please comment and let me know. I probably left out important details. Thanks!

Momma

People probably need to know your waking temperature and your temperature after breakfast.

aniciete

Have you ever gotten an iron panel done? Copper and ceruloplasmin would be useful too. That amount of aspirin could be problematic.

AlaskaJono

@metamorph
Yes thyroid issue, but liver also tcm (Chinese Medicine) style. Not enough blood flow. Also Ray speaks about how the dietary fat intake>Liver breakdown into Also how is your digestion? 4-5 meals is a lot, unless they are mini meals, for stabilizing your blood sugar or just trying to get energy? That is a whole lotta food if they are Normal American Platefuls!

Found this from a 3 year old email I wrote to a friend.... Do check it out.

I think I read this before and just read the beginning of this article... it may help you to harmonize your Thyroid/Liver and thereby get your metabolism and estrogen/progesterone levels to a new healthy level. It is easy to see how stress/estrogen levels begin to mess with our so called homeostasis. (They - the food producers- are still pushing estrogen directly and indirectly on the general public imo).

https://www.functionalps.com/blog/2012/03/25/ray-peat-phd-on-thyroid-temperature-pulse-and-tsh/

Proper liver function is essential in hormonal balance and thyroid fx:
"Thyroid function stimulates the liver to inactivate estrogen for secretion, so estrogen dominance can create a viscious circle, in which estrogen (or deficient progesterone) blocks thyroid secretion, causing the liver to allow estrogen to accumulate to even higher levels. Progesterone (even one dose, in some cases) can break the cycle.

OP
metamorph

metamorph

@metamorph
Yes thyroid issue, but liver also tcm (Chinese Medicine) style. Not enough blood flow. Also Ray speaks about how the dietary fat intake>Liver breakdown into Also how is your digestion? 4-5 meals is a lot, unless they are mini meals, for stabilizing your blood sugar or just trying to get energy? That is a whole lotta food if they are Normal American Platefuls!

Found this from a 3 year old email I wrote to a friend.... Do check it out.

I think I read this before and just read the beginning of this article... it may help you to harmonize your Thyroid/Liver and thereby get your metabolism and estrogen/progesterone levels to a new healthy level. It is easy to see how stress/estrogen levels begin to mess with our so called homeostasis. (They - the food producers- are still pushing estrogen directly and indirectly on the general public imo).

https://www.functionalps.com/blog/2012/03/25/ray-peat-phd-on-thyroid-temperature-pulse-and-tsh/

Proper liver function is essential in hormonal balance and thyroid fx:
"Thyroid function stimulates the liver to inactivate estrogen for secretion, so estrogen dominance can create a viscious circle, in which estrogen (or deficient progesterone) blocks thyroid secretion, causing the liver to allow estrogen to accumulate to even higher levels. Progesterone (even one dose, in some cases) can break the cycle.
Thanks for the response. The meals are reasonable and the only "american plateful" is dinner, haha. I'll take a look at the article. I think my liver dysfunction is working itself out. Periodic Progesterone (Progest-E) usage does seem to help.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals