Can Someone Help Me Out With T3, Does It Cause Shutdown? Overall Help Is Really Appreciated

thms

Hey all,

Since reading peats work i am curious to try and take a low t3 dosage throughout the day to improve metabolism.

I have tablets of 50mcg .

Is it safe to take say 25mcg a day throughout the day ? Doesnt it cause shutdown of the thyroid gland?

Is it neccesairy to take t4 in conjuction with the t3?

Some info is greatly appricieated.

My goal is to lose fat and improve mood and wellbeing

Daily diet = 2 liters of lactose free milk 1,5%
1 to 2 liters of orange juice
some oranges
coconut oil
basmati rice
pure chocolate
pears
egg yolk 5 a day
Cod fish
himalaya salt
vitamin d, taurine, multi vitamin

this all comes down to around 3200 calories a day with +300 carbs, 180 protein and 80 fats.

I practise natural bodybuilding 4-5 days a week 1 hour

started looking in to peat when experiencing really bad sugar cravings , cold hands, thinning of the hair etc

any tips tricks are welcome

Tarmander

I have been experimenting with tyromix and the pure t3 product from Haidut. My personal experience is that I can take way more T3/T4 combo then T3 alone. T3 alone causes me to puff up and feel pretty estrogenic where as the mix does not.

CoolTweetPete

I'm certain most of us who have experimented with Thyroid can agree that the most important thing to do is to build up. Start with nibbles of the 50mcg pills you have. Taking too much t3 can be very unpleasant. Your body has to be used to and have the ability to support such a metabolic rate.

OP
thms

thms

thank you,... wouldnt it be neccecairy to take t4 in conjuction to the t3? and also doesnt it cause shutdown?

CoolTweetPete

thank you,... wouldnt it be neccecairy to take t4 in conjuction to the t3? and also doesnt it cause shutdown?

I believe it does cause inhibition of endogenous thyroid production, so tapering off is very important. For some t3 only is more appropriate as it promotes the conversion of t4 to t3. Liver health is also a concern because most conversion of t4 --> t3 occurs in the liver. Those with sluggish livers may not be converting effectively. This process also depends on adequate glucose.

Excess t4 can be problematic as it can be converted to reverse t3, which is unable to effectively enter the blood-brain-barrier.

If you really want to explore this subject, Dr Peat's article is very thorough. So much so that I will probably read it for the 4th or 5th time right now and have my mind blown again. Good luck to us both.

Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, & Fraud

Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

Excerpt from the article,

--------

The brain concentrates T3 from the serum, and may have a concentration 6 times higher than the serum (Goumaz, et al., 1987), and it can achieve a higher concentration of T3 than T4. It takes up and concentrates T3, while tending to expel T4. Reverse T3 (rT3) doesn't have much ability to enter the brain, but increased T4 can cause it to be produced in the brain. These observations suggest to me that the blood's T3:T4 ratio would be very "brain favorable" if it approached more closely to the ratio formed in the thyroid gland, and secreted into the blood. Although most synthetic combination thyroid products now use a ratio of four T4 to one T3, many people feel that their memory and thinking are clearer when they take a ratio of about three to one. More active metabolism probably keeps the blood ratio of T3 to T4 relatively high, with the liver consuming T4 at about the same rate that T3 is used.

--------

Personally, I use t3 in the morning and afternoon, then I take a dose of t3/t4 mix at night. This seems to work well for me. I plan to eventually taper off thyroid, but I still feel like I'm healing the metabolic issues I created from years of binge drinking, distance running, fasting, low carb / high fatting, and all sorts of fun insults to the thyroid people told me were good for me.

Last edited:

Lucas

Before taking T3, my Free T3 was 0,34 ng/dl, reference range 0,20 – 0,40.

I have taking 4 grains of desiccated thyroid and did T3 only going up to 160 mcg of T3. My Free T3 in the blood was 0,80 ng/dl, the double of the reference range.

Now, without taking any thyroid medication, my Free T3 is back to 0,34 ng/dl. They keep here ever. They always come back here, at this level.

Your avatar is amazing, I too am a fan of Reeves, and my goal is his body, whit wild shoulders, wide lats, small waist and hips.

CoolTweetPete

I began taking thyroid about a year and a half ago about 4 months after discovering Dr. Peat.

My resting pulse used to be somewhere around 40-50 and I used to get positive comments from people taking my pulse. I became mildly disgusted with the idea that people thought this was a good thing after reading the article I posted above. I began taking Novotiral (synthetic T4 and T3) and my temps went up but my pulse did not budge.

Around when I got done with my Novotiral, IdeaLabs released TyroMax, and this finally began to increase my pulse. I later switched to the synthetics they released because I was getting a much better effect with T3 in the AM/Early PM, and T4/T3 in the evening.

Just checked by pulse on my Fitbit a moment ago. I'm not resting, but I was doing chores around the house and I'm sitting comfortably at 101bpm.

It's strange but sensible that initially people will feel very uncomfortable maintaining a high pulse. If anyone knows what a panic attack feels like, taking too much thyroid is similar. Now my pulse flies up to about 130-140 if I'm hiking, but I don't feel agitated or nervous. Just energized.

sele

Is it safe to take say 25mcg a day throughout the day ? Doesnt it cause shutdown of the thyroid gland?
If your body temp stays above 99F, your endogenous thyroid will shutdown.
This is temporary and body will start producing thyroid in a few days after you stop taking thyroid.

Is it neccesairy to take t4 in conjuction with the t3?
No.
If your liver cannot convert T4 to T3 then it's useless, and an extra burden for your liver.

I would go for pure pickling salt instead of impure himalayan salt.

My goal is to lose fat and improve mood and wellbeing
I love basmati rice but can have only once a week for this goal. :(

OP
thms

thms

This is temporary and body will start producing thyroid in a few days after you stop taking thyroid.

No.
If your liver cannot convert T4 to T3 then it's useless, and an extra burden for your liver.

Thank you

Why cant have basmati rice?

What kind of macronutrient split and foods you reccomend for losing fat

sele

Why cant have basmati rice?
Endotoxins.
Lipopolysaccharides.
They slow metabolism.

What kind of macronutrient split and foods you reccomend for losing fat
200g+ sugar/fructose
80g+ protein (non tryptophan)
Very low fat.

PS: The body tends to store fat when there is a shortage of available glycogen. Vit B2 seems to help.

OP
thms

thms

Endotoxins.
Lipopolysaccharides.
They slow metabolism.

200g+ sugar/fructose
80g+ protein (non tryptophan)
Very low fat.

PS: The body tends to store fat when there is a shortage of available glycogen. Vit B2 seems to help.

Thank you

wich f oods DO you reccomend?

I am going to start on 500 carb, 150 protein and 40 fat..

Wouldnt low fat cause low testosterone?

I get reall real lethargic after consuming sugar/milk/oj... Is this due to a slow metabolsim? cant concentrate on the job or even get of the couch

sele

Thank you

wich f oods DO you reccomend?

I am going to start on 500 carb, 150 protein and 40 fat..

Wouldnt low fat cause low testosterone?

I get reall real lethargic after consuming sugar/milk/oj... Is this due to a slow metabolsim? cant concentrate on the job or even get of the couch

Fruits, fruit juices with no additives.
Milk with sugar added.
1-2 eggs.
Cheese.
Some potatoes for variety.
Cottage cheese/ casein with sugar.
Add gelatin and calcium to muscle meat if you must have some.
Oysters,shrimp and low fat sea food like cod.

Low fat for few weeks to get your liver lean and mean.

If sugar gives you fatigue it means it's going the lactic acid path.
Biotin and B1 should help.
Caffeine will also help if you can tolerate it.

papaya

No.

do you have a preference between ndt & synthetic thyroid, do you think ndt is too impure? i feel that it is but i get nervous at the thought of synthetic hormones. would you also consider sea salt to be impure? what do you think is the best type of sugar to use, cane, coconut etc??? sorry for the barrage of questions lol

OP
thms

thms

Fruits, fruit juices with no additives.
Milk with sugar added.
1-2 eggs.
Cheese.
Some potatoes for variety.
Cottage cheese/ casein with sugar.
Add gelatin and calcium to muscle meat if you must have some.
Oysters,shrimp and low fat sea food like cod.

Low fat for few weeks to get your liver lean and mean.

If sugar gives you fatigue it means it's going the lactic acid path.
Biotin and B1 should help.
Caffeine will also help if you can tolerate it.

can the fatigue be lifted any other way? i dont have the money right now for biotin and b1.

caffeine is not tolerated by me , when i take it i cant concentrate on my job at all and start making mistakes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom