Can Thyroid Medication Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Does anyone know if thyroid medication can cause swelling of the lymph nodes?

I would assume that it can as too much can cause the swelling of the thyroid and that thyroid hormone helps produce white blood cells and the white blood cells are produced in the lymph nodes so that supplementing excess thyroid hormone might cause a build up of white blood cells and swell the lymph nodes.

Just started taking thyroid medication again for the first time in a while have been on it for about 3 weeks. Using tyromix (6mcg t4 and 3mcg t3) I initially started with one drop per night for about a week then upped it to 1 drop in the morning and 1 before bed. Then shortly after I upped to 1 in the morning, afternoon and evening and added 8mcg of t3 with the one in the afternoon. Quickly realised this was too much as started to have symptoms such as headache etc.

Have paired it back to 1 drop of tyromix per day either in the evening or the middle of the day (I know stupid rookie mistake probably better to keep it consistently at the same time). I noticed today on the left side of my neck I have a slight bump that feels like it could be a lymph node.

Would love to hear anyone's advice or experience in this area. Thanks

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
No one got any advice on this issue?

I've stopped taking thyroid for a few days and am still inflamed on the sides of my neck which I believe is the lymph nodes. I'm also taking 6keto-p4 10 drops per day but I don't see how that could be the cause.

Other supplements are
500mg of niacinamide
500mg aspirin
Vitamin K1, k2 and mk7

gaze

not many people understand the lymphatic system really well. are you sure the thyroid is not increasing water retention causing a swollen neck? or can you feel the nodules get bigger? usually when i eat something i'm allergic to or when i'm a bit sick i get swollen nodes for quite some time. maybe your reacting to something

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
not many people understand the lymphatic system really well. are you sure the thyroid is not increasing water retention causing a swollen neck? or can you feel the nodules get bigger? usually when i eat something i'm allergic to or when i'm a bit sick i get swollen nodes for quite some time. maybe your reacting to something

Thanks for the reply. I guess it could be that the thyoird medication was increasing water retention although I think that is unlikely as I didn't notice it anywhere else.

I wonder if it is possible that it could be a goiter that is just coming out at a weird angle?

I've been off the thyroid medication for a few days so we'll see what effect this has.

gaze

can you feel your actual lymph nodes, as in the actual pebble, or is it just bloated in the area? where exactly on your neck is swollen

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
can you feel your actual lymph nodes, as in the actual pebble, or is it just bloated in the area? where exactly on your neck is swollen

No can't feel the lymp nodes like pebbles it does protrude slightly but looks like it is more bloated it is below the ear and slightly back, it is hard to see but if you look at me straight on you can see that one side of my neck is slightly swollen.

OccamzRazer

No can't feel the lymp nodes like pebbles it does protrude slightly but looks like it is more bloated it is below the ear and slightly back, it is hard to see but if you look at me straight on you can see that one side of my neck is slightly swollen.
Any update on this?

I upped my thyroid dose and now have a swollen lymph node right by my ear.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals