Manual lymphatic decongestion/Perry Nickelston starter kit, notes, resources

jasieltego

How effective is rebounding for clearing lymph.
I always stumbled upon it as being one of the best things for lymph drainage. I do feel better when i rebound

Mountain

Great information @Twohandsondeck and posted on the same day that I bought a rebounder. I've been starting to think that the lymphatic system is an underappreciated health angle. I'm planning to make a DIY infrared sauna and use that every time before doing some lymph work sessions.

OP
Twohandsondeck
The thing, though, is that you have to have the discipline to follow through, and most people do not have this. Most prefer a silver bullet.
Indeed. This one has just about the lowest bar though. We are most disciplined over the things that make us feel the way we like to feel.
How effective is rebounding for clearing lymph.
I always stumbled upon it as being one of the best things for lymph drainage. I do feel better when i rebound
That's good, it's probably worth keeping in a routine then. I've heard that it is quite intense on the kidneys and for especially congested people it can do more harm than good. If rebounding makes a person nauseated or what-have-you, I'd suggest bouncing around on the feet like fighters do as a type of beginners rebounder.
Great information @Twohandsondeck and posted on the same day that I bought a rebounder. I've been starting to think that the lymphatic system is an underappreciated health angle. I'm planning to make a DIY infrared sauna and use that every time before doing some lymph work sessions.
Nice, yeah there's definitely something to be said about sweating. As I spent half an hour beating myself up with these protocols the other day, I was specifically sweating on the half of my body that I was working on. I'd imagine that facilitating lymph channels beforehand would help sauna goals in a big way.

yerrag

Hey what were those daily exercises, by the way?
I lied. It was only one exercise to strengthen my back muscles to improve their support of my weakened spine because of the L3 fracture.

I lie face against the floor both arms extended forward and against the floor. I lift both my arms and legs together without bending them as high as I can. I ended up doing about 4 sets of 8 reps over time. I couldn't see my muscles as they develop but a roommate told me they were very ripped.

OP
Twohandsondeck
I lied. It was only one exercise to strengthen my back muscles to improve their support of my weakened spine because of the L3 fracture.

I lie face against the floor both arms extended forward and against the floor. I lift both my arms and legs together without bending them as high as I can. I ended up doing about 4 sets of 8 reps over time. I couldn't see my muscles as they develop but a roommate told me they were very ripped.
Sounds like a good time. I'll see if I can manage to do the same without ripping anything xD

yerrag

Sounds like a good time. I'll see if I can manage to do the same without ripping anything xD
I meant 'as high as I can without bending the knees.'

Definitely helps my core and posture.

ironfist

Yeah I'm not sure about this guy.

First, lymphatic massage is supposed to be done gently and retrograde by motion. This guy says to just push in a half inch. lol.

Second, he has a post called "why moving wrong is good" where he states "When lunging let your knee go over your toes (where that myth came from is beyond me)"

So... yeah.

OP
Twohandsondeck

First, lymphatic massage is supposed to be done gently and retrograde by motion. This guy says to just push in a half inch. lol.

Second, he has a post called "why moving wrong is good" where he states "When lunging let your knee go over your toes (where that myth came from is beyond me)"

So... yeah.
A compelling case you make.

steel_reserve

My naturopath did this on my second visit. It was very painful. Thankfully jumping on a Trampoline every day is the maintenance dose.

ironfist

Unless of course this guy found the one real way to do it and everyone else is doing it wrong.

a la Functional Patterns.

Ben.

This thread is a bit peculair.

Lymph masasge shouldn't be painful or hurt.

People with swollen/blocked lymphs or lymph disease would beg to disagree.

I am not sure how effective it realy is either tho but it costs almost no time and cost me nothing unlike functional patterns.
However, i could imagine certain areas might need a harder approach due sticky fascia and tight muscles preventing you from reaching them properly.

ironfist

Lymph nodes are right by the surface of the skin. The strength used is much less than a normal massage. It's like a light gentle brushing.

ironfist

My point isn't that the internet is right about stuff, but both the internet and my massage therapist say this.

Screenshot 2022-10-18 2.46.48 PM.png

unsubscribed

So... yeah.

Have you seen any of the work from Kneesovertoesguy?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals