Can Someone Help Me Out With T3, Does It Cause Shutdown? Overall Help Is Really Appreciated

OP
thms

thms

That is in fact me. It was taken a couple of years back. As in about 6 years ago now but i still look pretty much the same. I believe i was born with reasonably high T but damaged my metabolism through neuroticism with fitness, food and calorie intake. (Pretty strange for a guy who was born naturally lean & strong.)

60-70 aint bad...and i think i remember you saying you were at 48 to start. Don't be the guy who loses sight of progress. It seems to me like you are already in the midst of healing but don't realize it. Libido & Testosterone are not directly related i do not care what anybody says. Don't get me wrong if your T is in the basement, you will have nonexistent libido. But as long as T/DHT/metabolism are respectable, libido is a highly variable subject that is related to sexual partner/confidence/dopamine levels etc. I have had periods of heavy drinking etc where i had extremely high libido and probably wasn't all that healthy.

I would tell you not to be obsessed with libido. Sex is something that should be spontaneous and not overly monitored. If your mind wants to think about it - it will. I would also recommend not spending too much time on this forum. I am going to cut back. I have somewhat OCD qualities and when i over obsess about health, my testosterone etc it ironically results in my libido lowering and my happiness dwindling. The studies & research are fascinating but if you think about most healthy people...they don't sweat the small stuff. Once you find what works for you, you will be an unstoppable force.

Thank you

You look good man and your hair looks good too

What would you teccomend for my thinning hair? -
Any idea?

I am beginnjng to think that iT is Some kind of gut issue or food (milk) intolerance or that its caused by too much insulin for too long......

Jsaute21

Thank you

You look good man and your hair looks good too

What would you teccomend for my thinning hair? -
Any idea?

I am beginnjng to think that iT is Some kind of gut issue or food (milk) intolerance or that its caused by too much insulin for too long......

I have never paid attention to my hair in terms of health to be honest. I used to even put all sort of ***t product in it and it has always grown extremely fast and comes in thick. However, I suggest adopting to many of Danny Roddy/Ray PEat's principles (what you are already doing) in terms of hair health. This is far from my area of expertise.

OP
thms

thms

I have never paid attention to my hair in terms of health to be honest. I used to even put all sort of ***t product in it and it has always grown extremely fast and comes in thick. However, I suggest adopting to many of Danny Roddy/Ray PEat's principles (what you are already doing) in terms of hair health. This is far from my area of expertise.

thank you, it looks great

i would love to have the hair you got.

been looking into high dosing iodine (50mg) for hair growth.

but ive read that peat doesnt reccomend iodine at all?

any insights on this?
thanks

sladerunner69

thank you, it looks great

i would love to have the hair you got.

been looking into high dosing iodine (50mg) for hair growth.

but ive read that peat doesnt reccomend iodine at all?

any insights on this?
thanks

In the context of optimizing thyroid function for hair growth, high dosing iodine seems counterproductive or deterimental...

Dr. Peat advises against table salt because it contains a small amount of iodine, but still enough to lower thyroid function,

OP
thms

thms

In the context of optimizing thyroid function for hair growth, high dosing iodine seems counterproductive or deterimental...

Dr. Peat advises against table salt because it contains a small amount of iodine, but still enough to lower thyroid function,

Thank you for the explaination

will leave iodine alone

what do you guys think of low dose clomid to raise natural test levels? mine came back low..

is it too estrogenic when taking lets say 25 mg eod?

thanks

Jsaute21

Thank you for the explaination

will leave iodine alone

what do you guys think of low dose clomid to raise natural test levels? mine came back low..

is it too estrogenic when taking lets say 25 mg eod?

thanks

Think there are better ways to skin the cat so to speak. What was your exact hormone panel if you dont mind me asking? It is easy to get overwhelmed with hormone optimization but almost everything that is preached on here is to favor hormonal output so you are in the right place.

OP
thms

thms

Think there are better ways to skin the cat so to speak. What was your exact hormone panel if you dont mind me asking? It is easy to get overwhelmed with hormone optimization but almost everything that is preached on here is to favor hormonal output so you are in the right place.

thank you, see here for the bloodtest:
3.PNG
2.PNG
1.PNG

Jsaute21

I think you are in OK shape. You should be excited as your results aren't horrible, and you are only on the beginning of your journey. Stick with listening to your body/energy metabolism principles and you will feel incredible within months.

Dobbler

What effect does T3 have on serotonin? I think ive read from Ray that it lowers it but id like to hear it from you guys aswell. Cheers.

Rickyman

If your body temp stays above 99F, your endogenous thyroid will shutdown.
This is temporary and body will start producing thyroid in a few days after you stop taking thyroid.

No.
If your liver cannot convert T4 to T3 then it's useless, and an extra burden for your liver.

I would go for pure pickling salt instead of impure himalayan salt.

I love basmati rice but can have only once a week for this goal. :(

If your temps go up through out the day, this means your converting t4 to t3 correct? Or how can one be sure you are converting?

sele

If your temps go up through out the day, this means your converting t4 to t3 correct? Or how can one be sure you are converting?
Along with high temp and high pulse, you should also get a sense of calmness. High energy paired with relaxation is a sign of healthy metabolism.
If you have high temp and your mind is racing and you get anxious or irritable then you are running on stress hormones. This is from my experience.

Rickyman

Along with high temp and high pulse, you should also get a sense of calmness. High energy paired with relaxation is a sign of healthy metabolism.
If you have high temp and your mind is racing and you get anxious or irritable then you are running on stress hormones. This is from my experience.

Could the anxiety feeling also be from not being used to optimal metabolism?

I ask because this has happened to me all the while my hands and feet were toasty the whole time.

sele

Yes.
T3 demands proper nutrition for optimal metabolism.
Stress hormones will come into play even if you take T4/T3 if sugar, protein, vitamins or mineral are lacking.

InChristAlone

@thms I hope you took more from my advice than 5% BF. I was highly functional surprisingly when I was that lean because of stress hormones. As Peat has intelligently noted, estrogen and stress hormones can cause hyper sexuality, euphoric mood, etc but the catch is it's very temporary. The body crashes. Body fat is a very superficial/empty goal. Everything derives from how do you feel every day when you wake up? Smart, sharp, happy etc? **** everything else. You are clearly very conflicted right now between superficial goals and health/functionality goals. Ultimately, you can accomplish both but not until you feel good consistently. I know this process seems overwhelming but in order to make true progress, looking like Steve reeves is going to have to be on the back burner. It sounds like you have a good physique already. I wish you luck and am hear to help as much as I can.
:nailedit:goodpost

Sagitarrius90

No one actually answered OP question and I am here to ask the same thing- putting anything exogenously in the body will cause shut down so to say 4mcg wont cause a shut down cause it naturally produces that per hour is idiotic. Havin the increased t3 via supplement will help restore metabolism, cholesterol to steroid hormones but once you stop it will take a few days for thyroid hormones to bounce back - it's quite resilient.

Scrolling thru the replies no one actually answered his question and it was quite frustrating lol Saying 10mcg wont shut down thyroid is so stupid it does but the thyroid gland will recover pretty quick unless you use bodybuilding dosages for awhile then it might take a week or two based off of what I read

If you take testosterone low dosage over say the course of a few months. It will shut you down but your hpta will bounce back, same thing with thyroid but soon as you supplement you are going to turn it off

Please someone prove otherwise with a study with just t3 since that is what the OP is asking

tara

this all comes down to around 3200 calories a day with +300 carbs, 180 protein and 80 fats.

I practise natural bodybuilding 4-5 days a week 1 hour

started looking in to peat when experiencing really bad sugar cravings , cold hands, thinning of the hair etc

any tips tricks are welcome
can the fatigue be lifted any other way?
More rest between workouts, possibly more food. Looking back over the thread, I can;t see anyone (including myself) making the point that trying to force excessive weight loss (relative to the body's wishes, not the conscious wishes of the mind) by creating an energy deficit - eating less than needed for maintenance while working more - can result in famine adaptations like reduced metabolism, fatigue, etc.

Collden

No one actually answered OP question and I am here to ask the same thing- putting anything exogenously in the body will cause shut down so to say 4mcg wont cause a shut down cause it naturally produces that per hour is idiotic. Havin the increased t3 via supplement will help restore metabolism, cholesterol to steroid hormones but once you stop it will take a few days for thyroid hormones to bounce back - it's quite resilient.

Scrolling thru the replies no one actually answered his question and it was quite frustrating lol Saying 10mcg wont shut down thyroid is so stupid it does but the thyroid gland will recover pretty quick unless you use bodybuilding dosages for awhile then it might take a week or two based off of what I read

If you take testosterone low dosage over say the course of a few months. It will shut you down but your hpta will bounce back, same thing with thyroid but soon as you supplement you are going to turn it off

Please someone prove otherwise with a study with just t3 since that is what the OP is asking
According to Kenneth Blanchard MD who treated thousands of hypothyroid patients, for most people T3 will work best in very small quantities (0.5 - 1.5 mcg per day) and taken with T4 at a ratio of approximately 50:1. This way it will not cause shutdown and can sustainably enhance metabolism over time. He felt that using T3 in the much higher quantities that are found in most T3 formulations is problematic and this overdosing is the reason T3 is not consistently found beneficial neither in studies nor anecdotally.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

No one actually answered OP question and I am here to ask the same thing- putting anything exogenously in the body will cause shut down so to say 4mcg wont cause a shut down cause it naturally produces that per hour is idiotic.

So basically...you're saying Ray's suggestions are idiotic. Gotcha

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom