Its Over

zio

Hi, guys! I really need your help. My hair failed me, I'm dealing with
diffuse thinning for the past 1.5 years. Had an ocean of hair before all this.
I'll make this post as short as possible. Thank you!!!

image.jpg

Hairline is growing back slowly, but still look like i got lined with a corn chip smh:sweat:
My stats are: 18yrs, 6'4, 180lbs.​

My diet:
I've been following Peat's diet for a month now. I'm eating tons of diary like milk, cottage cheese, bryndza, (from grass fed low-fat goat milk, even goat butter), 1l of squeezed out OJ per day, sugar coke 0.75l/day, raw linden honey, beef liver and canned oysters once per week, pasture raised chicken eggs, refined coconut oil from Nutiva, 1g of aspirin/day, carrot salads, shrooms, 2tbs of salt, gelatin broth all that good stuff. Supplements: K2 - 15mg (10 drops with a drink and 5 topically on my face), D-3 - 4000-6000 IU, Zinc - 25mg (rarely).

My other health problems:
- seborrheic dermatitis (scalp, eyebrows, ears)

- eyebrows thinning for 4 month now - everywhere, not only outer part

- hypothyroidism ( for 3 years ONLY taking l-thyroxin 75, fully open to your advice on thyroid medication)

- fordyce spots on upper lip

- coated white tongue​

My blood tests (what else should i get checked???):
TSH - 2.10 mIU/L
Parathyroid Hormone - 5.2 pmol/L - 14.7 pg/mL
Total T4 - 1.066 ng/dL - 13.72 pmol/L
Free T4 - 88.7 nmol/l
Free T3 - 1.6 nmol/l
Vitamin 25(ОН) D - 33.1 ng/ml - 82,75
Total serum cholesterol - 5.66 mmol/L - 218.87 mg/dL
Ferritin - 42 mcg/l (I had 7 when i first took the test in January)
Prolactin - 412 mIU/L - 19.3 ng/mL
Albumin - 49 g/l
Glucose - 5.2 mmol/l - 93.69 mg/dl
Calcium - 2.52 mmol/l - 10.08 mg/dL​

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

Your temples are holding on very well.
The thinning eyebrows are due to hypothyroid. What are your temps? You need both T3 + T4, Levo alone is not good.

First thing, start applying and rinsing ACV on the scalp daily. Until you figure out the root cause.

OP
zio

zio

Your avatar's somewhat disturbing.
u both dont even have a profile pic.... who r u 2 judge
you hate yourself.
bro, you serious now man? fools prayin :praying: on my downfall already.
my avatar is not what im here to discuss tho

Your temples are holding on very well.
The thinning eyebrows are due to hypothyroid. What are your temps? You need both T3 + T4, Levo alone is not good.
tempreture
morning temp is around 36.8°C - 98.2°F.
I know i need them both, just have troubles with finding a good product.
BIG QUESTION: Do I need to replace levothyroxine with smth or just add T3? What good T3 supplement brand would you recommend?

First thing, start applying and rinsing ACV on the scalp daily. Until you figure out the root cause.
sebderm is way better than it was a month ago, I have little to no itching and small flaking left on the back of my scalp. I just wash my head with tar soap once or twice a week seems to be enough.

redsun

Hi, guys! I really need your help. My hair failed me, I'm dealing with
diffuse thinning for the past 1.5 years. Had an ocean of hair before all this.
I'll make this post as short as possible. Thank you!!!

image.jpg

Hairline is growing back slowly, but still look like i got lined with a corn chip smh:sweat:
My stats are: 18yrs, 6'4, 180lbs.​

My diet:
I've been following Peat's diet for a month now. I'm eating tons of diary like milk, cottage cheese, bryndza, (from grass fed low-fat goat milk, even goat butter), 1l of squeezed out OJ per day, sugar coke 0.75l/day, raw linden honey, beef liver and canned oysters once per week, pasture raised chicken eggs, refined coconut oil from Nutiva, 1g of aspirin/day, carrot salads, shrooms, 2tbs of salt, gelatin broth all that good stuff. Supplements: K2 - 15mg (10 drops with a drink and 5 topically on my face), D-3 - 4000-6000 IU, Zinc - 25mg (rarely).

My other health problems:

- eyebrows thinning for 4 month now - everywhere, not only outer part

- hypothyroidism ( for 4 years ONLY taking l-thyroxin 75, fully open to your advice on thyroid medication)

- fordyce spots on upper lip

- coated white tongue​

My blood tests (what else should i get checked???):
TSH - 2.10 mIU/L
Parathyroid Hormone - 5.2 pmol/L - 14.7 pg/mL
Total T4 - 1.066 ng/dL - 13.72 pmol/L
Free T4 - 88.7 nmol/l
Free T3 - 1.6 nmol/l
Vitamin 25(ОН) D - 33.1 ng/ml - 82,75
Total serum cholesterol - 5.66 mmol/L - 218.87 mg/dL
Ferritin - 42 mcg/l (I had 7 when i first took the test in January)
Prolactin - 412 mIU/L - 19.3 ng/mL
Albumin - 49 g/l
Glucose - 5.2 mmol/l - 93.69 mg/dl
Calcium - 2.52 mmol/l - 10.08 mg/dL​

Diffuse thinning is one of the easiest hair losses to remedy generally, but you are going about it terribly wrong. Its likely stress-induced and related to mineral deficiencies like zinc and iron and protein deficiency.

You are 18. You have no use for such massive doses of K2. Some have got increased shedding from it and no surprise. Two tablespoons of salt is a lot, I don't know if this is via food or you are just taking it straight up but I almost guarantee that is too much. You are supposed to salt to taste, that's it so if you are not doing that please start.

And god help me if you want a chance at regrowing hair stop taking aspirin, you are 18 you aren't an old man. Aspirin is a drug, and you are barely in adulthood taking 1g of it. You have no business taking that at your age unless you want to screw yourself further and keep chelating minerals. I think for anyone its not good, but you are on the road to screwing yourself up for life by taking aspirin and huge K2 doses. Some have reported changes in their bone structure in their head, likely due to K2, and not exactly a good change either.

You are a pretty big dude, you need lots of trace minerals and electrolytes and especially proper protein, not just dairy protein and you don't want grams a day of calcium. All that dairy protein is giving you massive amounts of calcium, inhibiting iron and zinc absorption which you have a much greater need for at your age.

Also dairy protein is low in certain amino acids that are vital for someone your age such as arginine, cysteine, glycine, etc... Again I point to the fact that you are young and you need all these amino acids. Everyone does but you just happen to run into a forum group afraid of these things then you have young ones such as yourself giving themselves amino deficiencies unknowingly.

Diet should be a good variety of red meats for zinc and iron and amino acids. Steaks, ground beef (tend to be higher in zinc), pork sometimes can be good. You are having liver sparingly, and keep it that way. Too much copper is not your friend. Variety of carbohydrates, preferably whole foods like potatoes, fruit and don't be afraid of starch. Coke has nothing in it, just caffeine and sugar.

You can probably keep the orange juice that will probably do some good, much better than coke thats for sure. You should not however have dairy beyond getting 1g of calcium a day, which ends up being about 3 servings worth. You are ******* with absorption of other trace minerals way too much, and you are likely iron deficient based on at least what you have shown us.

You had a ferritin of 7 in january, so you likely were iron deficient and maybe have been for awhile, too much calcium is bad news here. I would get a closer look at iron values but if you increase red meat consumption substantially you should be okay.

You should not need to supplement zinc but you may get more from the diet by making these changes. Maybe eat less oysters at a time but make it more frequent instead of once a week as well as eating more red meats. If not, do the oysters once a week but no more than say 15mg zinc glycinate a day and probably not even every day. I am not sure to recommend zinc to you as you likely had low iron and you may still so I strongly suggest you get zinc from red meats, oysters, and from the dairy you will have (should be much less)

In short, drop aspirin, K2, minimize dairy to 3 servings a day. Get more zinc and iron and lots of protein in the diet via red meats. Keep liver in, but not too much, very sparingly as it is a very unbalanced food. You would honestly not need it if you get a few milligrams a day of copper from starches, fruits, and vegetables. Some orange juice and pastured eggs are good as you already doing. Potatoes, fruits, some vegetables will provide vitamin C, folates, manganese, copper. Instead of carrot salad, eat actual salads with folate rich vegetables like lettuce or whatever it is you like, folate is very important for hair.

Let me re-emphasize, your type of hair loss is the easiest to treat. Don't take all these weird things like aspirin, eat a well-rounded diet (as I already outlined), not a boatload of a dairy, and get lots of proteins and trace minerals in the diet like zinc, iron, copper, manganese, selenium, and your hair will grow back very quickly. Making sure calories are high to deal with possible stresses. You may find with time you don't even need that thyroid medication if you feed yourself a well-rounded diet.

Ableton

get sun and eat enough buddy boyo
you are in starvation mode at 80 kilos at 6'4
your body has no ressources to support some useless hair on your scalp
chill with caffeine as long as you are this lean
eat more fats to gain weight and slow oxidation

this is what helped my hair
all this super specific advice is not that importat in the grand scheme if you do not have deficiences IMO (!)
fix gut if there are problems
drop those shitty supplements as long as no deficiency shows up on a blood test
hair is all about balance (of minerals and oxidation rate)

its possible that hair loss is still a result of iron deficiency
you were anemic with that ferritin (I had more and still was)

Ableton

Diffuse thinning is one of the easiest hair losses to remedy generally, but you are going about it terribly wrong. Its likely stress-induced and related to mineral deficiencies like zinc and iron and protein deficiency.

You are 18. You have no use for such massive doses of K2. Some have got increased shedding from it and no surprise. Two tablespoons of salt is a lot, I don't know if this is via food or you are just taking it straight up but I almost guarantee that is too much. You are supposed to salt to taste, that's it so if you are not doing that please start.

And god help me if you want a chance at regrowing hair stop taking aspirin, you are 18 you aren't an old man. Aspirin is a drug, and you are barely in adulthood taking 1g of it. You have no business taking that at your age unless you want to screw yourself further and keep chelating minerals. I think for anyone its not good, but you are on the road to screwing yourself up for life by taking aspirin and huge K2 doses. Some have reported changes in their bone structure in their head, likely due to K2, and not exactly a good change either.

You are a pretty big dude, you need lots of trace minerals and electrolytes and especially proper protein, not just dairy protein and you don't want grams a day of calcium. All that dairy protein is giving you massive amounts of calcium, inhibiting iron and zinc absorption which you have a much greater need for at your age.

Also dairy protein is low in certain amino acids that are vital for someone your age such as arginine, cysteine, glycine, etc... Again I point to the fact that you are young and you need all these amino acids. Everyone does but you just happen to run into a forum group afraid of these things then you have young ones such as yourself giving themselves amino deficiencies unknowingly.

Diet should be a good variety of red meats for zinc and iron and amino acids. Steaks, ground beef (tend to be higher in zinc), pork sometimes can be good. You are having liver sparingly, and keep it that way. Too much copper is not your friend. Variety of carbohydrates, preferably whole foods like potatoes, fruit and don't be afraid of starch. Coke has nothing in it, just caffeine and sugar.

You can probably keep the orange juice that will probably do some good, much better than coke thats for sure. You should not however have dairy beyond getting 1g of calcium a day, which ends up being about 3 servings worth. You are ******* with absorption of other trace minerals way too much, and you are likely iron deficient based on at least what you have shown us.

You had a ferritin of 7 in january, so you likely were iron deficient and maybe have been for awhile, too much calcium is bad news here. I would get a closer look at iron values but if you increase red meat consumption substantially you should be okay.

You should not need to supplement zinc but you may get more from the diet by making these changes. Maybe eat less oysters at a time but make it more frequent instead of once a week as well as eating more red meats. If not, do the oysters once a week but no more than say 15mg zinc glycinate a day and probably not even every day. I am not sure to recommend zinc to you as you likely had low iron and you may still so I strongly suggest you get zinc from red meats, oysters, and from the dairy you will have (should be much less)

In short, drop aspirin, K2, minimize dairy to 3 servings a day. Get more zinc and iron and lots of protein in the diet via red meats. Keep liver in, but not too much, very sparingly as it is a very unbalanced food. You would honestly not need it if you get a few milligrams a day of copper from starches, fruits, and vegetables. Some orange juice and pastured eggs are good as you already doing. Potatoes, fruits, some vegetables will provide vitamin C, folates, manganese, copper. Instead of carrot salad, eat actual salads with folate rich vegetables like lettuce or whatever it is you like, folate is very important for hair.

Let me re-emphasize, your type of hair loss is the easiest to treat. Don't take all these weird things like aspirin, eat a well-rounded diet (as I already outlined), not a boatload of a dairy, and get lots of proteins and trace minerals in the diet like zinc, iron, copper, manganese, selenium, and your hair will grow back very quickly. Making sure calories are high to deal with possible stresses. You may find with time you don't even need that thyroid medication if you feed yourself a well-rounded diet.

appreciate your input and I agree with most of what you say, except (in my case), your stance on meat.
I tend to get joint pain (calcium/phosphorus?), psoriasis and generally "itchy" (histamine?) from meats so I try to keep my intake low and only eat some beef liver.
What do you think causes this reaction in me and what is your advice for me?
I am still hypo so that probably plays a role

OP
zio

zio

Thank you for your kind attention! I will make these changes to my diet for sure
Also I'd like to ask a few questions:
1) I substituted water with milk, OJ and Coke. Now I'm only left with OJ. Should I go back to drinking water regularly? If so, how many liters daily is okay? I was drinking water only before and after exercising.
2) Can I put K2 topically on my chin, zygos, brow ridge? Or will I turn into an ogre? Or this gimmick doesnt work at all?
3) Should I keep gelatin broth?

whole month I've been living in a lie... thought I was doing smth good for myself, when in fact it had the opposite effect on me. even the carrot salad....... f*ck that noise i no longer abiding no diet to the extremes. never should have to begin with

OP
zio

zio

get sun and eat enough buddy boyo
you are in starvation mode at 80 kilos at 6'4
idk i dont have fish bones, so never saw the need to bulk up, i mean never set such goal. im just doing burpees, air squats, some weight lifting exercises almost every day. i think im gaining weight, but slowly with muscles

chill with caffeine as long as you are this lean
i dont drink coffee
its possible that hair loss is still a result of iron deficiency
you were anemic with that ferritin (I had more and still was)
yeah, more than possible

JKX

You've been taking T4 since you were 14?

May I ask on what basis this was prescribed?

Looks like a possible conversion problem T4 not going to T3 efficiently. This is most likely liver related IMO. Keeping the PUFA low and perhaps supplementing a little vitamin E and taurine may help.

Your prolactin is a little high. Eating a diet rich in b vitamins, calcium and magnesium may help.

At your age it shouldn't take anything more than dietary intervention and maybe a handful of supplements to put things on the correct path.

redsun

Thank you for your kind attention! I will make these changes to my diet for sure
Also I'd like to ask a few questions:
1) I substituted water with milk, OJ and Coke. Now I'm only left with OJ. Should I go back to drinking water regularly? If so, how many liters daily is okay? I was drinking water only before and after exercising.
2) Can I put K2 topically on my chin, zygos, brow ridge? Or will I turn into an ogre? Or this gimmick doesnt work at all?
3) Should I keep gelatin broth?

whole month I've been living in a lie... thought I was doing smth good for myself, when in fact it had the opposite effect on me. even the carrot salad....... f*ck that noise i no longer abiding no diet to the extremes. never should have to begin with

Yes drink as much water as you need. Drink to thirst. Same advice as with salt, salt food as needed, eat pickles if you feel you need more salt as well.

Yeh I would not. First of all I do not think it will work. Other thing is if it did, I highly doubt you can control which bones in the body grows if K2 absorbs into circulation it goes where its needed. And yeh not worth it if it does work and it does get the parts you want... and you end up looking worse. Highly doubtful it works like that to begin with.

I dont consume gelatin, though very occasionally maybe having oxtails can be good so I hear. Meats provides a lot of glycine already imo. If its more annoying and time consuming to make then you can just let it go. Though I have personally never made anything like that so I dont know how much effort it takes just to consume it for more glycine when meats and especially ground beef is particularly high in glycine anyways. Just another thing to use up to time for life imo.

Yeh in the end never a good idea to follow extreme diets. It actually is bad for health in the long run when diet is extreme one way or the other. You end up going from one diet to the next to fix the problem the previous diet caused. Or even worse you start experimenting with outlandish stuff.

ThinPicking

How did you come to that conclusion?

A right mind is as important as the organism it occupies, indeed they're inextricably linked. Waynish was too declarative (assume for comedy) but there's probably something in it. Zio's reaction was interesting.

OP
zio

zio

You've been taking T4 since you were 14?
No, actually when i was 15. i took some thyroid support herbs since for a year, now i remember.

May I ask on what basis this was prescribed?
Doctor diagnosed me with Hashis because i had high anti-thyroid peroxidase 555.1 units/ml, but everything else was okay like TSH and T4.

JKX

Isabella Wentz has some good info on Hashimotos. Selenomethionine and allithiamine may help. Do you have gut issues? If you eat gluten containing foods you may want to look at that.

GreekDemiGod

One must be doing something terribly wrong with their body to suffer hairloss at 18.
@redsun What's wrong with Aspirin at that age? Suppresses estrogen too early, closes growth plates?

OP
zio

zio

Isabella Wentz has some good info on Hashimotos. Selenomethionine and allithiamine may help. Do you have gut issues? If you eat gluten containing foods you may want to look at that.
Yes, I've heard of her. Isn't she low carb?
I don't eat gluten foods for 2 years now. no leaky gut or any gut problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals