Help With Lab Results - Thyroid, PCOS, Anxiety, No Energy

Progest-Me

Hi everyone,
I was hoping to get some suggestions on my new lab results. For years I have suffered from anxiety and panic, which has steadily gotten worse. I do have a lot of stress in my life with my corporate job, being a single mom of 2 little kids, and now my health issues. Last year I broke my tibia in 3 places when I fell running after my 1 yr old, and had to undergo surgery. It was a huge trauma, and I ended up having a very bad panic attack a couple months thereafter. Ever since the panic attack, I have been having a paradoxical reaction to xanax, etc., which as slowly gotten a little better. My doctor did give me progesterone to start my cycle, since I felt my hormones were "off." This is before I found Dr. Peat's work.

Things have gotten better, but some days I'm unable to get out of bed due to feeling anxious, dizzy, agoraphobia, brain fog and/or lethargic. I have very little energy almost all the time. If I get stressed or overwhelmed, I get brain fog, dizzy and generally do not feel well.

I used to be a very vibrant person. I was a division I swimmer in college, now I can barely get out of bed some days. I have also gained 80-100 lbs in 7 years, although I know this is just a symptom of what is going on in my body generally. I desperately want to be the person I know I am capable of.

I should also mention that I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was young, but I didn't show many symptoms then (I think only because I was young and healthy). My doctor did, however, put me on birth control for many years, which I now know is terrible. As I've gotten older (currently 35), I show many more symptoms of PCOS.

Since the panic attack, I have been taking ativan (.25-.5mg) and propanolol (2.5-5mg) almost every day. Some days I can go without it, but only when I'm home for the day. I hate taking it.

Supplements: digestive enzymes, vit e, shilajit, progest-e, magnesium, probiotic

At night, I take 1.5 grains of T4/T3, magoil, progest-e. I recently added 5mcg T3 and 25mg Benadryl and I have been sleeping much better.

Another thing - I usually feel much better at night than I do in the morning. Pretty immediately upon waking, I feel panic and anxiety come on (probably adrenaline and/or cortisol). It takes until midday 12-2 for me to feel somewhat "normal." I have tried taking orange juice with salt upon waking and it helps a little, but not enough.

Here are my lab results. It looks like my TPO antibodies, DHEA-S, prolactin and cholesterol are all high. Vit. D and CO2 are low.

TSH - .079
Free T4 - 1.03
Free T3 - 3.1
TPO - 31
Vit. D - 26.3
Ferritin - 65
Progesterone - 3.82
Estradiol - 44.62
Testosterone-S - 43.3
Free Testost. - 8.3
DHEA-S - 422
Cortisol PM - 5.4
Prolactin - 9.7
Cholesterol - 218
CO2 - 22

Any insights or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

CO2 are low

Make lactate blood test. Should be cheap even if you pay out of pocket. Low co2 suggests imo high lactate. Lactate accumulation could lead to panic attacks and anxiety.

lampofred

Really sorry to hear about the accident.

I suspect that raising vit D to 50-60 would help. Calcium and vitamin D would work together to lower DHEAS and increase progesterone which would help PCOS and would also lower cortisol/quiet an overactive pituitary which I think is responsible for feeling better at night (pituitaty hormones are highest at dawn upon waking and lower throughout the day). It also lowers fatty acid synthase and has similar effects on the brain as benzodiazepines when accompanied with high calcium/vitamin K intake and low phosphate intake.

Sorry that reads like rambling verbal diarrhea but too tired to word it more succintly right now...

Hi everyone,
I was hoping to get some suggestions on my new lab results. For years I have suffered from anxiety and panic, which has steadily gotten worse. I do have a lot of stress in my life with my corporate job, being a single mom of 2 little kids, and now my health issues. Last year I broke my tibia in 3 places when I fell running after my 1 yr old, and had to undergo surgery. It was a huge trauma, and I ended up having a very bad panic attack a couple months thereafter. Ever since the panic attack, I have been having a paradoxical reaction to xanax, etc., which as slowly gotten a little better. My doctor did give me progesterone to start my cycle, since I felt my hormones were "off." This is before I found Dr. Peat's work.

Things have gotten better, but some days I'm unable to get out of bed due to feeling anxious, dizzy, agoraphobia, brain fog and/or lethargic. I have very little energy almost all the time. If I get stressed or overwhelmed, I get brain fog, dizzy and generally do not feel well.

I used to be a very vibrant person. I was a division I swimmer in college, now I can barely get out of bed some days. I have also gained 80-100 lbs in 7 years, although I know this is just a symptom of what is going on in my body generally. I desperately want to be the person I know I am capable of.

I should also mention that I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was young, but I didn't show many symptoms then (I think only because I was young and healthy). My doctor did, however, put me on birth control for many years, which I now know is terrible. As I've gotten older (currently 35), I show many more symptoms of PCOS.

Since the panic attack, I have been taking ativan (.25-.5mg) and propanolol (2.5-5mg) almost every day. Some days I can go without it, but only when I'm home for the day. I hate taking it.

Supplements: digestive enzymes, vit e, shilajit, progest-e, magnesium, probiotic

At night, I take 1.5 grains of T4/T3, magoil, progest-e. I recently added 5mcg T3 and 25mg Benadryl and I have been sleeping much better.

Another thing - I usually feel much better at night than I do in the morning. Pretty immediately upon waking, I feel panic and anxiety come on (probably adrenaline and/or cortisol). It takes until midday 12-2 for me to feel somewhat "normal." I have tried taking orange juice with salt upon waking and it helps a little, but not enough.

Here are my lab results. It looks like my TPO antibodies, DHEA-S, prolactin and cholesterol are all high. Vit. D and CO2 are low.

TSH - .079
Free T4 - 1.03
Free T3 - 3.1
TPO - 31
Vit. D - 26.3
Ferritin - 65
Progesterone - 3.82
Estradiol - 44.62
Testosterone-S - 43.3
Free Testost. - 8.3
DHEA-S - 422
Cortisol PM - 5.4
Prolactin - 9.7
Cholesterol - 218
CO2 - 22

Any insights or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Vitamin D to 60ng/ml would be good.Around 10000IU to 20000IU as D3 needed for a couple of months.
What is your diet background like?

OP
P

Progest-Me

Vitamin D to 60ng/ml would be good.Around 10000IU to 20000IU as D3 needed for a couple of months.
What is your diet background like?
Thank you. I have been on Paleo since 2012. I did keto for about 6 months. I have been on the peat diet since Fall 2019.

OP
P

Progest-Me

Really sorry to hear about the accident.

I suspect that raising vit D to 50-60 would help. Calcium and vitamin D would work together to lower DHEAS and increase progesterone which would help PCOS and would also lower cortisol/quiet an overactive pituitary which I think is responsible for feeling better at night (pituitaty hormones are highest at dawn upon waking and lower throughout the day). It also lowers fatty acid synthase and has similar effects on the brain as benzodiazepines when accompanied with high calcium/vitamin K intake and low phosphate intake.

Sorry that reads like rambling verbal diarrhea but too tired to word it more succintly right now...
Thank you so much. This week I added calcium in the form of egg shells and calcirol, so I hope that starts to help. I definitely need to get my cortisol, adrenaline, estrogen and serotonin down.

OP
P

Progest-Me

Make lactate blood test. Should be cheap even if you pay out of pocket. Low co2 suggests imo high lactate. Lactate accumulation could lead to panic attacks and anxiety.
Thank you. I heard Georgi say on a podcast yesterday that if CO2 is low, then lactate acid is high, so I think you're spot on. Do you know anything to increase CO2? I've been trying to bag breathe everyday.

Thank you. I heard Georgi say on a podcast yesterday that if CO2 is low, then lactate acid is high, so I think you're spot on. Do you know anything to increase CO2? I've been trying to bag breathe everyday.

Im also afflicted with the Anxiety-Curse.
B-Complex and Magnesiumcitrate bettered it somewhat.
High-Thiamine,but still backed up by full-B-complex is good for CO2.

CDT

Ive seen this with a lot of swimmers. WHen you are young and active, you eat a trash diet but can still feel good due to activity. I would not recommend paleo for a former swimmer, and that you take a good multi and limit your supplementation to a minimum until you try each one out individually.