Seborrheic Dermatitis Upon Peating

OP
A

Adnada

Re: Seborrheic dermititis upon Peating

I also wonder about fungal infections... are they often cases of an always-present fungus growing out of control due to weakened immunity? If so, B vitamins may still be the answer as they play an important role in the immune system.

Kray

Adnada said:
Hi Everyone!

I started taking 200mg B6 this past Wednesday. Took that dose for 3 days with improvement on the dermatitis around my earlobes. I was also suffering from angular cheilitis (chapped mouth corners) which did not improve at the same rate as the ears. At day 4(Saturday) I added Biotin, as Cronometer shows me as getting next to none, and Biotin is associated with angular cheilitis according to some mainstream websites (and my hair has also gotten slightly dry over the past 2-3 months). Monday my ears were nearly clear, but mouth corners still chapped. Went all in with a multi-B vitamin on Tuesday after suggestions that a B2, or B12 deficiency might be at work (it seems fingers are pointed at ALL of the B vitamins as deficiencies depending on where you look)! 2 days after adding the multi-B, I am 99% clear.

I had a gut feeling my case was not fungal, and it seems it was B related, but the question remains which B vitamin(s)! But, for now, I would rather this mystery and be free of the skin irritation.

@Adnada,

That's great information, and good news! Thanks for the quick reply. With that, a couple of questions--

How are you dosing the B6 200mg, all at once or spread out?
What brands B complex, individuals Bs, do you take, if you don't mind?

I'm not really sure what the cause of the (seb) derm, but it is very perplexing. I've not been free of it for more than 9 months now, and I'm pretty clean in my diet. If it's not vitamin deficiency, is there a food culprit? I've tried some elimination, but mine only cleared markedly about 1 week ago (only for about 24 hours), when I first took a B6. At the time I was afraid to take more. But I started up again a couple of days ago. I'm going to go take some now. :)

OP
A

Adnada

classicallady said:
@Adnada,

That's great information, and good news! Thanks for the quick reply. With that, a couple of questions--

I'm not really sure what the cause of the (seb) derm, but it is very perplexing. I've not been free of it for more than 9 months now, and I'm pretty clean in my diet. If it's not vitamin deficiency, is there a food culprit? I've tried some elimination, but mine only cleared markedly about 1 week ago (only for about 24 hours), when I first took a B6. At the time I was afraid to take more. But I started up again a couple of days ago. I'm going to go take some now. :)
I was taking 100mg B6 2xday. Now I take the multi-B with 50mg of B6 and one 100mg B6 capsule per day. I am using Bluebonnet for all the B supps, which is the cleanest I could find at a local store. It does contain magnesium stearate. I doubt there is danger in using high doses of any vitamin for short periods.

I imagine a food allergy could cause SB, but was unable to make any links in my own diet. For a while it would flare up and disappear within a 1-2 day period, and then more recently the flare ups were more severe and not subsiding.

There is a small chance Nutri-sorb A may be an irritant for me, as I purchased it in the ball park of time when the SD showed up. I have discontinued it, and will add it back once the SD remains at bay for a few weeks and watch for changes as I continue the B supplementation. So many factors... it's rather annoying to have to be so precise with our investigations, but it is essential.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

classicallady said:
Charlie said:
Yes its fast for me. Looking forward to hearing your results.

Hi Charlie,

What brand B6 are you taking?
Can you clarify your routine with the B6?
Do you take 200-300mg in one dose, or spread throughout the day?
On other days, how much do you take, and do you couple your B6 with a B complex?
Have you narrowed down the source of your dermatitis to aspirin, or is it just one possibility?
How much aspirin are you able to take without having big outbreaks?

Thank you,
Classicallady
:)
Beyond A Century B6 powder. I take 200mgs one dose in the morning, and then 100mgs again at night if I do my aspirin dose again. I do not suggest anyone to take these high doses. I take less then 100mgs a day on non-aspirin days.

The source of my dermatitis is from metabolism being increased beyond what I am able to supply nutrients for. B6 being the main one thats causing the dermatitis.

I take 400mgs powdered vet aspirin 1-2 times a day. Incredibly small doses of aspirin bring on my dermatitis, so I would say any dose of aspirin brings it on. With higher dosing causing painful dermatitis. So as you can imagine I am pretty happy to be able to take aspirin and not be in pain. lol

Kray

Adnada said:
classicallady said:
@Adnada,

I was taking 100mg B6 2xday. Now I take the multi-B with 50mg of B6 and one 100mg B6 capsule per day. I am using Bluebonnet for all the B supps, which is the cleanest I could find at a local store. It does contain magnesium stearate. I doubt there is danger in using high doses of any vitamin for short periods.

I imagine a food allergy could cause SB, but was unable to make any links in my own diet. For a while it would flare up and disappear within a 1-2 day period, and then more recently the flare ups were more severe and not subsiding.

There is a small chance Nutri-sorb A may be an irritant for me, as I purchased it in the ball park of time when the SD showed up. I have discontinued it, and will add it back once the SD remains at bay for a few weeks and watch for changes as I continue the B supplementation. So many factors... it's rather annoying to have to be so precise with our investigations, but it is essential.

Thanks again for the quick-time response! As I sensed, I have been splitting my dose, too. I'll look into the Bluebonnet. I think they are good and I've used them before, but not since Peat.

Peat says he takes all his oils topically, in greater than oral doses. Perhaps that is an option for you if you don't want to give the A up entirely. I have the Nutrisorb too, and sometimes I'll do it topically.

On another thread I was just reading ("After 3 Months..."?) there was some mention about vitamin K loss and the raw carrot routine. Are you compensating with vitamin K addition? I don't know where that vitamin might fit into the skin puzzle, but it does have some known benefits that way.

Again, I hope your methods prove to be what will help, and I will keep checking back here. :)

Kray

Charlie said:
classicallady said:
Charlie said:
Yes its fast for me. Looking forward to hearing your results.

Hi Charlie,

What brand B6 are you taking?
Can you clarify your routine with the B6?
Do you take 200-300mg in one dose, or spread throughout the day?
On other days, how much do you take, and do you couple your B6 with a B complex?
Have you narrowed down the source of your dermatitis to aspirin, or is it just one possibility?
How much aspirin are you able to take without having big outbreaks?

Thank you,
Classicallady
:)
Beyond A Century B6 powder. I take 200mgs one dose in the morning, and then 100mgs again at night if I do my aspirin dose again. I do not suggest anyone to take these high doses. I take less then 100mgs a day on non-aspirin days.

The source of my dermatitis is from metabolism being increased beyond what I am able to supply nutrients for. B6 being the main one thats causing the dermatitis.

I take 400mgs powdered vet aspirin 1-2 times a day. Incredibly small doses of aspirin bring on my dermatitis, so I would say any dose of aspirin brings it on. With higher dosing causing painful dermatitis. So as you can imagine I am pretty happy to be able to take aspirin and not be in pain. lol

Thanks, Charlie.

What you are saying is really resonating with the sense of things going on with me, as to the metabolism issue. The cycle of skin disruption is such that the cellular turnover seems faster than my metabolism can keep up with, exactamundo to what I am picking up from you. Are you adding a B complex to yours? They do help one another to "help themselves" so to speak. :)

If aspirin may be the cause of your skin reactions, could your body be telling you it doesn't need the aspirin? Maybe you are already doing better than you give yourself credit for! Is aspirin one of those things that are "good", but maybe not everyone does, and they are able to maintain a good metabolism without? Just some questions I've been pondering since I've got similar problems. :2cents

Kray

Charlie, Adnada--

P.S. Just curious-- is there anything on the Peat-approved list diet-wise that you don't seem to do well with, that you have to limit or have eliminated? Thanks-

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

classicallady said:
Are you adding a B complex to yours?
Right now I only take B1, Niacinamide, B6.

If aspirin may be the cause of your skin reactions, could your body be telling you it doesn't need the aspirin? Maybe you are already doing better than you give yourself credit for! Is aspirin one of those things that are "good", but maybe not everyone does, and they are able to maintain a good metabolism without? Just some questions I've been pondering since I've got similar problems. :2cents
Aspirin is a total win for me after dermatitis problem has been addressed. :mrgreen:

Kray

Charlie said:
classicallady said:
Are you adding a B complex to yours?
Right now I only take B1, Niacinamide, B6.

Aspirin is a total win for me after dermatitis problem has been addressed. :mrgreen:

A little Aspirin 101, since we're on the subject, if you don't mind. Other than the derm issues, can you tell me exactly what makes the difference for you with aspirin? What is your ideal dose, and how do you gauge your dose needs? :?

Thanks for the bit on B supplements, too. What doses on B1, B3? Are you needing these for some foods you aren't able to eat, or are these the overall good ones Peat recommends to support metabolism?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Heat. Along with heat comes lots of wonderful things. :)

I am basing off the dose that haidut suggested for the thyroid surrogate. I add the extra 50mgs because my name starts with a C. :mrgreen:

Kray

Charlie said:
Heat. Along with heat comes lots of wonderful things. :)

I am basing off the dose that haidut suggested for the thyroid surrogate. I add the extra 50mgs because my name starts with a C. :mrgreen:

How very scientific, the C, that is! :)

Can you fill me in on the Haidut formula as I'm ignorant of the levels you mention....

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Here is the thread on it. He gives the dose in the first post.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3480&hilit=surrogate
haidut said:
So, the mix is this: 325mg aspirin, 200mg caffeine, 500mg niacinamide. This is what I would call a single dose. Today I took 3 times that dose in a single sitting for a total of 1g aspirin, 600mg caffeine and 1500mg niacinamide.

Kray

Charlie said:
Here is the thread on it. He gives the dose in the first post.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3480&hilit=surrogate
haidut said:
So, the mix is this: 325mg aspirin, 200mg caffeine, 500mg niacinamide. This is what I would call a single dose. Today I took 3 times that dose in a single sitting for a total of 1g aspirin, 600mg caffeine and 1500mg niacinamide.

Great, thanks for the link.

HDD

Here is the info on the rats and b6 .

"The idea of "essential fatty acids" (sometimes called "vitamin F") appeared in the 1930s, as a result of tests in which rats developed a skin disease on a fat-free diet, and recovered from the skin disease when fed unsaturated fats. (Other researchers at that time observed that the rats became hyper metabolic on the fat-free diet, as though they were taking thyroid hormone; it was later discovered that the unsaturated fats inhibit the secretion and transport of thyroid hormones, and block the ability of tissues to respond to them.) Shortly after the concept of "essential fatty acids" was proposed, another group recognized the rats' skin disease as the typical changes produced by a vitamin B6 deficiency. They fed rats a fat-diet until the symptoms appeared, then cured the disease with a vitamin B6 supplement, without any of the supposedly essential fatty acids. The high metabolic rate of the rats, in a diet without the inhibitory oils, made them eat more, and they needed more vitamins as well as more calories.

"Nutrition for Women"

Kray

Haagendazendiane said:

"The idea of "essential fatty acids" (sometimes called "vitamin F") appeared in the 1930s, as a result of tests in which rats developed a skin disease on a fat-free diet, and recovered from the skin disease when fed unsaturated fats. (Other researchers at that time observed that the rats became hyper metabolic on the fat-free diet, as though they were taking thyroid hormone; it was later discovered that the unsaturated fats inhibit the secretion and transport of thyroid hormones, and block the ability of tissues to respond to them.) Shortly after the concept of "essential fatty acids" was proposed, another group recognized the rats' skin disease as the typical changes produced by a vitamin B6 deficiency. They fed rats a fat-diet until the symptoms appeared, then cured the disease with a vitamin B6 supplement, without any of the supposedly essential fatty acids. The high metabolic rate of the rats, in a diet without the inhibitory oils, made them eat more, and they needed more vitamins as well as more calories.

"Nutrition for Women"

How very interesting. Thank you for following up on this, HD! And more confirmation that EPO is not the way to GO. I am assuming the "fat-diet" mentioned toward the end of the paragraph was the unsaturated fat diet (vs good fats)?

I will keep doing the B6. I'm at 100mg/day plus what's in my B complex. Do you agree it's best to take a complex along with the individual Bs? I haven't seen much from Peat on this, but many people here seem to follow that idea.

Thanks.

Peata

classicallady said:
Peata,

Are you taking B6, or P5P? Does form of B matter as long as it's high- 200-300mg? I have both, but running low on P5P. What brand do you take? I'm having bad problems right now, worst in a long time. I've gone as high as 100mg but no higher. Have you tried it, and what was your response? Thanks-

For a while I took B6, then switched to P5P, but then I've been alternating the two forms. I don't think I have any effect from P5P.

HDD

classicallady said:
Haagendazendiane said:

"Nutrition for Women"

How very interesting. Thank you for following up on this, HD! And more confirmation that EPO is not the way to GO. I am assuming the "fat-diet" mentioned toward the end of the paragraph was the unsaturated fat diet (vs good fats)?

I will keep doing the B6. I'm at 100mg/day plus what's in my B complex. Do you agree it's best to take a complex along with the individual Bs? I haven't seen much from Peat on this, but many people here seem to follow that idea.

Thanks.

I don't know the answer to that. I rely on weekly liver for my b's and I supplement sporadically.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

3 days into no B6 supplementation and dermatitis is coming back on my face, its not bad yet and only just starting but I imagine if I let it go another day it will get worse. I have decided to wait another day to make sure my theory on this is true.

J

j.

Charlie said:
3 days into no B6 supplementation and dermatitis is coming back on my face, its not bad yet and only just starting but I imagine if I let it go another day it will get worse. I have decided to wait another day to make sure my theory on this is true.

Do you still take vitamin A?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Yes, I take haiduts vitamin mix and eating plenty of liver and pastured eggs. I knew it would take 2-3 days for the dermatitis to show up and sure enough it did. And it will probably take 2-3 days for it to go away when I start taking the B6 again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals