Scalp Progesterone For Hair Loss Experiment

Broco6679

One apparently even uses test lol

Dr Thierry Hertoghe claims MPB is partly caused by low testosterone and puts men with hair loss on trt and topical progesterone applied to the scalp. He also gives them finasteride though...

He talks about it in this video at 10:30 and provides a lot of references.

Last edited:

Broco6679

Dr Thierry Hertoghe claims MPB is partly caused by low testosterone and puts men with hair loss on trt and topical progesterone applied to the scalp. He also gives them finasteride though...

He also talks about male pattern baldness being associated with increased all cause mortality whilst still sticking to the DHT theory which is interesting.

Kenny

So Dr. theirry hertoghe sums it down to a low testosterone to dht ratio

no indication of what leads to a low test to dht ratio though?

Broco6679

Unfortunately not.

He's a forward thinking doctor when it comes to hormones, but he thinks their decline is due to genetics and the age process which he views as irreversible, so his approach is just to replace everything. I've spoken to a few of his patients in the past and he has them on literally everything, T3 + T4, testosterone, progesterone, hydrocortisone, dhea, pregnenolone, growth hormone, vasopressin, aldosterone, etc. Not something I'd ever want to do but his patients do get very good results for reversal of aging in the face and hair.

There are however a lot of horror stories about some of the doctors who trained under him completely screwing people up.

Kenny

Unfortunately not.

He's a forward thinking doctor when it comes to hormones, but he thinks their decline is due to genetics and the age process which he views as irreversible, so his approach is just to replace everything. I've spoken to a few of his patients in the past and he has them on literally everything, T3 + T4, testosterone, progesterone, hydrocortisone, dhea, pregnenolone, growth hormone, vasopressin, aldosterone, etc. Not something I'd ever want to do but his patients do get very good results for reversal of aging in the face and hair.

There are however a lot of horror stories about some of the doctors who trained under him completely screwing people up.

Yikes Yikes Yikes

Ableton

So Dr. theirry hertoghe sums it down to a low testosterone to dht ratio

Race is

asians have highest t to dht ratio

some dude here got regrowth on roids too

t = nice skin, hair
Dht= opposite, but masculine jaw/bones/eye areas/ body compositions

basically T doesn’t even look what is commonly attributed as masculine, thats dht

T is more prettyboy, dht is more dom

my opinion

Role of estrogen in this equation is up to debate

Ableton

The 3 dudes I know Who are on fin were more masculine and probably more attractive than me when younger. Now, in our late 20s, its reversed. they have better hair and skin than me, but their jawlines suck now, they have estrogenic body compositions despite working out. Our eyes are almost hunter and prey reversed. I bet they are higher t than me, but obv lower dht.
They look younger than me, but not better, and our success with women supports that. Their faces look „eurasian“ now, you can definitely see how lack of dht is reflected in it.

I’m happy I didn’t take fin for long now but obviously still want hair on top of that lol, and wonder what prog would have done for me

these are high t low dht faces

Attachments

• C1F64905-5CF6-4E2F-832A-EB3306726DC0.png
    C1F64905-5CF6-4E2F-832A-EB3306726DC0.png
    460 KB · Views: 102
  • 0B981DA6-85DB-4C6B-B41E-BDE8FF367B3D.png
    0B981DA6-85DB-4C6B-B41E-BDE8FF367B3D.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

keytothecity

Alright guys I will start topical bi-estro in a few days.
My reasoning for this is that I am indeed the rare seemingly very low E mpb type and I wonder what some E agonism in scalp would be doing for me.
I also used fin for like 3 months a decade ago, had E sides and lots of regrowth, which I think was the E following chemhead on hlt.
I will be combining the topical E with systemic anti E‘s to mitigate the systemic effect hopefully.
I’m planning to use aspirin, vit e and coffee for that. Any more suggestions?
What e sides to look out for except puffy nipples and ED?

SonOfEurope

Well if that's your decision...

Try to stay under 0.75mg E2 and 1.5mg E3 per day, you will experience an more excited estrogenic state of mind, if you keep it up for 5 or 6 months you will be developing breasts and lower body fat, reduction in muscle and bone mass because it will start to feminize you.

Progesterone is what sensitises estrogen, so in my logical advice I would suggest a topical progesterone cream, one pump = 21 mg (less than what I used for two years and my hair became magnificent ) and use the Bio est only twice per week in the most minimal dose.

I would advice just twice a week application because estrogen has a long half life, one pump on Mondays and Fridays say, the rest of the week just 20 mg p4, youll be maximizing the effects of estriol/estradiol on hair with the most minimal feminization (and damage to testicular cells. )

Note: I do not advice supplementing any type of estrogen, my fundamental ideology is in line with Dr . Peat's view that estrogen is created in every tissue, is a proliferative hormone that needs to be properly balanced with progesterone in both genders and all organisms for coherent development and function.

Last edited:

keytothecity

Try to stay under 0.75mg E2 and 1.5mg E3 per day, you will experience an more excited estrogenic state of mind, if you keep it up for 5 or 6 months you will be developing breasts and lower body fat, reduction in muscle and bone mass because it will start to feminize you.

Progesterone is what sensitises estrogen, so in my logical advice I would suggest a topical progesterone cream, one pump = 21 mg (less than what I used for two years and my hair became magnificent ) and use the Bio est only twice per week in the most minimal dose.

I would advice just twice a week application because estrogen has a long half life, one pump on Mondays and Fridays say, the rest of the week just 20 mg p4, youll be maximizing the effects of estriol/estradiol on hair with the most minimal feminization (and damage to testicular cells. )

Note: I do not advice supplementing any type of estrogen, my fundamental ideology is in line with Dr . Peat's view that estrogen is created in every tissue, is a proliferative hormone that needs to be properly balanced with progesterone in both genders and all organisms for coherent development and function.
you are right tbh, not doing that to myself.
do you think red clover (isoflavones) would be safer? @hunchoz

OP
S

Sheik

I tried topical estradiol diluted in water but even small amounts make me feel awful.

DhtAssassin

Stupid theory. I have Testosterone levels at upper limit with other hormones being in good range. And i'm still having MPB.

GorillaHead

The entire medical community is focused on the downstream micro reactions that cause Hair loss when every single scientist should be focusing on one think. What causes a sudden down regulation of Aromatase in the scalp and an up regulation 5ar.

Simply put that study that showed aromatase was 4 folds unregulated in NON blading scalp says it all.

we know that hairloss is hormone imbalance in the local tissue.

all our energy should be focused to understand what suddenly causes this shift. Cause if we can switch it back. Hair should grow no problem

jondoeuk

so far the only thing that has worked for anyone has included finasteride and/or minoxidil. Even then it seems to have minimal results.

I know of others who aren't using either, and have had regrowth, but of course they are anecdotes.

Apple

Ray still has a pretty good head of hair and he drank a gallon of milk per day for like 35 years. Now I think he only drinks 2-3 litres. I average 2-3 litres a day (for the last 7 years) and have zero hair loss.
maybe it is all about hormones in milk progesterone/estrogen/(other steroid hormones) in their active form ?

In summary, it seems that steroid hormones are very potent compounds in dairy foods, which exerting profound biological effects in animals and humans.

Apple

With regard to the exposure of prepubertal children to exogenous estrogens, the authors are particularly concerned about commercial milk produced from pregnant cows.
The present data on men and children indicate that estrogens in milk were absorbed, and gonadotropin secretion was suppressed, followed by a decrease in testosterone secretion. Sexual maturation of prepubertal children could be affected by the ordinary intake of cow milk.

EustaceBagge

With regard to the exposure of prepubertal children to exogenous estrogens, the authors are particularly concerned about commercial milk produced from pregnant cows.
The present data on men and children indicate that estrogens in milk were absorbed, and gonadotropin secretion was suppressed, followed by a decrease in testosterone secretion. Sexual maturation of prepubertal children could be affected by the ordinary intake of cow milk.
"Modern genetically improved dairy cows continue to lactate throughout almost the entire pregnancy. Therefore, recent commercial cow's milk contains large amounts of estrogens and progesterone."

If you can't see the significance in this statement regarding how we should drink raw and natural milk instead of blaming all dairy then I don't know what to tell you. Literally found this within 10 seconds of opening your "study".

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals