Peat Interview Jan. 24, 2019 On One Radio Network

Did you use those oils? Can you cook with it?
No, I still haven't had the chance to. I would like to try totally hydrogenated coconut oil, but in my country they only sell unrefined non-hydrogenated coconut oil, which I reacted pretty badly to( massive headache). Also, I'm a little concerned abou the MCTs causing intestinal irritation, so that's why I'm more open to trying refined hydrogenated cocoa butter if I could find it.

These oils are definitely mor resistant to oxidation and, therefore, are much safer for cooking. From wikipedia:

"Because partially hydrogenated vegetable oils are cheaper than animal fats, are available in a wide range of consistencies, and have other desirable characteristics (such as increased oxidative stability and longer shelf life), they are the predominant fats used as shortening in most commercial baked goods. "

If even partially hydrogenated fats are more resistant to oxidation, then fully hydrogenated ones, which are 100% saturated, are probably even more resistant.

denise

I ran an experiment where I took 1/4tsp of salt every 1/2hr while awake, and it drastically improved my ability to store/metabolize sugar properly.

It felt similar to thyroid actually.
Did your experiment create a permanent fix? If so, how long did that take? Or did you revert after stopping the experiment?

theLaw

Did your experiment create a permanent fix? If so, how long did that take? Or did you revert after stopping the experiment?

I tried it several times over the last few years, but never really thought that salt alone could be that powerful, so I always ended up focusing on another supplement. When I stopped using it, I noticed a huge difference. It felt like my body was just a leaky-bucket that wouldn't retain much of anything. The dosing seems to be the key for me.

Now I use it religiously (without thyroid), and it seems to have permanently fixed some blood-sugar/sleep/temperature issues for me.

The effects are pretty quick with frequent dosing.

The frustrating part is having to go back and try other foods/sup again with the new health improvements from salt (a good problem to have).

Makrosky

I tried it several times over the last few years, but never really thought that salt alone could be that powerful, so I always ended up focusing on another supplement. When I stopped using it, I noticed a huge difference. It felt like my body was just a leaky-bucket that wouldn't retain much of anything. The dosing seems to be the key for me.

Now I use it religiously (without thyroid), and it seems to have permanently fixed some blood-sugar/sleep/temperature issues for me.

The frustrating part is having to go back and try other foods/sup again with the new health improvements from salt (a good problem to have).
Which salt were you using ?

theLaw

GUEST_263734fb-c7b3-42d1-8f72-0bc617529e75

Mauritio

Interesting it seems it has fixed sth in the liver /thyroid complex.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wanted to chime in because I keep getting emails and PMs in regards to this interview and cholesterol in particular. Many people keep asking me to release a cholesterol-based product for skin health/aging. I actually looked at cholesterol for skin health several years ago and there appear to be much better options. Many studies have looked at the effects of cholesterol and its derivatives (steroids) on skin health and have found that the derivatives (steroids) have much more potent effects. Androgens like T are usually the most potent, but progesterone/pregnenolone are not far behind. Here is a human study that tested those steroids.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.575.1488&rep=rep1&type=pdf
"...The male hormone, testosterone, has a rejuvenating or ameliorative effect when applied to aging human skin. Clinically evident changes, such as effacement of wrinkles, hair growth, and augmented sweating, are present but modest, particularly when compared to the improvement in the microscopic architecture of the skin. Progesterone and pregnenolone produce similar but more diminutive alterations. The female hormone, ethinyl estradiol, was without effect, while the corticosteroids accentuated the degradative changes of senescence.

So, I think we have that covered already with CortiNon (progesterone/DHEA), Pansterone (pregnenolone/DHEA) or even androsterone as topical anti-aging products. Any of these is likely superior to plain cholesterol and when combined with a product that contains vitamins A/K/D which are also highly beneficial for skin, it becomes a really powerful approach for skin aging/health.
Just my 2c.

ilikecats

Anyone wanna guinea pig the 15 grains of ndt a day (from the anecdote Peat presented)? I just took 5 grains of NDT at once as an homage to homegirl with the “1 yard wide hips”. Her story seems rather impressive.

“You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.” - William Blake

Preach Willie B preach

Last edited:

jack_zen

I wanted to chime in because I keep getting emails and PMs in regards to this interview and cholesterol in particular. Many people keep asking me to release a cholesterol-based product for skin health/aging. I actually looked at cholesterol for skin health several years ago and there appear to be much better options. Many studies have looked at the effects of cholesterol and its derivatives (steroids) on skin health and have found that the derivatives (steroids) have much more potent effects. Androgens like T are usually the most potent, but progesterone/pregnenolone are not far behind. Here is a human study that tested those steroids.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.575.1488&rep=rep1&type=pdf
"...The male hormone, testosterone, has a rejuvenating or ameliorative effect when applied to aging human skin. Clinically evident changes, such as effacement of wrinkles, hair growth, and augmented sweating, are present but modest, particularly when compared to the improvement in the microscopic architecture of the skin. Progesterone and pregnenolone produce similar but more diminutive alterations. The female hormone, ethinyl estradiol, was without effect, while the corticosteroids accentuated the degradative changes of senescence.

So, I think we have that covered already with CortiNon (progesterone/DHEA), Pansterone (pregnenolone/DHEA) or even androsterone as topical anti-aging products. Any of these is likely superior to plain cholesterol and when combined with a product that contains vitamins A/K/D which are also highly beneficial for skin, it becomes a really powerful approach for skin aging/health.
Just my 2c.

interesting, what about the solvents of Pansterone/ CortiNon ? I could imagine they could be too drying for facial skin?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
interesting, what about the solvents of Pansterone/ CortiNon ? I could imagine they could be too drying for facial skin?
I have Cortinon in a tocopherol/MCT base.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Are you using it on the face with good results?

I have the SFA/Alcohol version.
I have before-right now I’m using it on my neck because my skin got loose when I lost weight. It’s too soon to tell if it’s helpful but it’s not irritating. I would think the alcohol version might have more potential to be irritating on the facial skin.

michael94

Anyone wanna guinea pig the 15 grains of ndt a day (from the anecdote Peat presented)? I just took 5 grains of NDT at once as an homage to homegirl with the “1 yard wide hips”. Her story seems rather impressive.

“You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.” - William Blake

Preach Willie B preach

Its a good quote, but I think when stress and entropy is low enough, this rule doesnt have to apply

ilikecats

“Fresh out the gate again, time to raise the stakes again.” - Gang Starr

“The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom.” - William Blake

Alright kidos since there were no takers ilikecats stepped up to the plate... I really swung for the fences on this one. I took 376 mcg of T3 dosed over 16 hours, in doses of 48, 24, and 8 micrograms at a time. That should be the equivalent of just over 15 grains of NDT (as per Rays dosage equivalencies, 1 grain of NDT being the equivalent of 25 mcg of cytomel (T3)) just like the women from Peat’s story. The effect wasn’t that intense to be honest, idk what that says, this experiment brought up more questions then it answered to be honest. Temps were high 99.6-100 but that’s common for me and pulse was around 100 bpm which is typical for me as well. Not sure what’s going on. I don’t think this stuff is bunk it dropped my TSH From 1.1 to .3 and brought my cholesterol down by 40. Also got me losing weight on a very high calorie diet. Despite my temps and pulse rate and TSH I feel that I have quite a long way to go before I achieve the physiological state I desire

Last edited:
@ilikecats Thank you for sharing your experience with that high dose of thyroid. Did you have any issues with sleep or glycogen storage through the night? Or notice anything going awry?

As for other cases similar to that woman of taking higher doses of thyroid, I came across this text originally published in 1895 which described cases where people were taking a lot of thyroid (relatively speaking, perhaps back then thyroid didn't have the same reputation it does now after decades of misinformation). I think a lot of the cases were concerning people who had enlarged glands, so I don't know how much it could apply to people not suffering from that. The potency of those formulations compared to today is also something I'm not sure about. Quotes from the text:

On May 19th he again reported having had headaches, nevertheless the desiccated thyroids were increased to five grains four times a day.

---

He had a headache nearly every day after the last prescription. The neck was found to measure fourteen inches and a quarter, half an inch increase in the last two weeks; weight, a hundred and thirty-four pounds and a half, twelve pounds and a half less than when he began treatment. The desiccated thyroids were decreased to four grains three times daily.

---​

He was given the desiccated thyroids, in doses of three grains, three times daily. He returned twelve days later, stating that at the end of two days the difficulty in breathing had disappeared, and since commencing the medicine the swelling had steadily decreased. His neck at this visit was of normal size, measuring sixteen inches. He departed apparently well and has not since been heard from.

---

For obesity he considers thyroids the best remedy. By limiting the dose to three grains three times a day he avoided unpleasant effects while reducing the patient’s weight about a pound a week.

---

She was given at this time two grains of the desiccated thyroids after each meal, and a few days later the dose was increased to three grains. A week later it was noted that the circumference of the neck had diminished a quarter of an inch. At that time the desiccated thyroids were increased to four grains three times daily. A week later, pulse 104; neck measured the same. Seven days later, pulse 116; neck measured only fourteen inches. She had been taking only two grains of the desiccated thyroids three times daily for the past week and no injections had been used. She is still under treatment.

---

A week later he was free from headaches and faintness, therefore the desiccated thyroids were increased to three grains three times daily.

---​
Source: Full text of "Influence of the thyroid gland on nutrition : the treatment of goitre, etc., by desiccated thyroids : on "internal secretions""
Influence of the thyroid gland on nutrition : the treatment of goitre, etc., by desiccated thyroids : on "internal secretions"
Publication date 1895
Publisher Chicago : Armour & Company

ilikecats

@foodandtheworld No I didn't notice anything problematic. Sleep was fine. Keeping glycogen stores up didn't seem to be a problem but I'm usually constantly eating and have a very high carbohydrate intake. My waking temp was 99 which is very unusual. My waking weight was also down 2 lbs from what it normally is which is also very unusual. And thank you for sharing that info. Fascinating stuff.

alywest

I too have noticed Andrews 'saltiness', and his wife Sarah seems a bit the same. I've always found the slight snappiness between he and his wife a little unproffessional.
It used to be one-sided (Andrew towards Sarah) but maybe now she is getting sick of it and snapping back. Good on her!

alywest

He must be refering to liver glycogen, since as far as I know, muscles don't normally liberate in the bloodstream their glycogen content. It's interesting that muscles can store about 500 grams of glycogen. In the studies I saw, 'normal' people only store 100 grams of glycogen in the liver, but ( correct me if I'm wrong)Broda Barnes said that even in his time, almost half of all the population was hypothyroid, so today, probably most people are hypothyroid( it's very common seeing people with bulging bellies). So, I think it's makes a lot of sense that a very healthy person can store 3 times more glycogen in their livers. That probably also why healthy people tolerate bigger amounts of fructose more easily.
Have you ever heard of a "nutrient enema"? I know it's off topic but if you look it up on google there's an old study where they basically gave children who couldn't eat sufficiently enemas made with a certain concentration of sucrose (basically not enough to make their bowels spew it back out) and that sucrose would go straight to the liver and store as glycogen as far as I could tell. I'm going to start doing this right before bed with about a 3% solution of sucrose. Just thought I'd share. I'm kinda surprised I've never heard Peat or Barnes discussing this phenomenon. Apparently it's used as a form of torture sometimes in Guantanamo Bay but I'm assuming they've dialed in the dose of sugar to the point where it is supremely uncomfortable yet doesn't quite cause peristalsis and therefore a movement. Ick.

haidut

Forum Supporter

As @Blossom said - the tocopherol/MCT version should not cause issues and the SFA esters in the other solvent should prevent drying. In fact, many people report the SFA/ethanol version making their skin smooth and soft.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals