Ray Peat Interview One Radio Network - June 2020

boris

Great questions, I wish Patrick would have dug deeper about his opinion on abortions, what exactly did Peat mean by "worse".

And also about the copper for greying hair. Peats greying still progressed, does that mean he didn't want to keep an increased copper intake for some reason or it couldn't be stopped? I would have loved to hear his explanation.

mrchibbs

Great questions, I wish Patrick would have dug deeper about his opinion on abortions, what exactly did Peat mean by "worse".

And also about the copper for greying hair. Peats greying still progressed, does that mean he didn't want to keep an increased copper intake for some reason or it couldn't be stopped? I would have loved to hear his explanation.

I don't think he cares about his gray hair to be honest.

boris

@mrchibbs I don't think he cares about the colour either. But didn't he associate it with a deficiency? He said it represents an excess of iron knocking the copper out of the pigment (from 1:24:30). After his topical experiment he decided just eating oysters would be the safer alternative.

That's why I asked myself, since his greying still progressed, does that mean he didn't want to eat too many oysters or other sources of copper for a certain reason? Or does he think that increasing the dietary intake won't be enough to keep the hair pigment after a certain point or under stress?

Last edited:

mrchibbs

@mrchibbs I don't think he cares about the colour either. But didn't he associate it with a deficiency? He said it represents an excess of iron knocking out the copper out of the pigment (from 1:24:30). After his topical experiment he decided just eating oysters would be the safer alternative.

That's why I asked myself, since his greying still progressed, does that mean he didn't want to eat too many oysters or other sources of copper for a certain reason? Or does he think that increasing the dietary intake won't be enough to keep the hair pigment after a certain point or under stress?

I think it's not so much a deficiency, but rather that the metabolic functions of the hair are less efficient at using copper, so if you add more copper you can compensate for a time, but eventually it's a losing game.

lampofred

For some reason I get the feeling that gray hair isn't a sign of degeneration the way that balding is a sign of degeneration.

mrchibbs

For some reason I get the feeling that gray hair isn't a sign of degeneration the way that balding is a sign of degeneration.

How do you mean?

gaze

can you give a time when he mentions abortion?

Edit: ended up listening to it all and found it. Its at 1 hour 34 minutes if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals