Peat Interview Jan. 24, 2019 On One Radio Network

haidut

Forum Supporter
That's the quandary there, he didn't expand on that. He just said that he basically stopped with the carrot because it would feed a bacteria. o_O

I suppose it makes sense. The body adapts to anything eventually, so if the carrot was killing most of the typical colon bacteria it eventually gets populated with one that can eat it or the existing one evolved to tolerate or even eat the carrot. Not something I would have expected, but I guess life is stranger than fiction :):
That leave mushroom and charcoal as gut cleansing tools (aside from antibiotics). I always liked charcoal and did not understand why Peat is so careful about it. Maybe somebody can ask him that question on the next show. I have not heard of people getting bad side effects from charcoal but maybe there are some out there that he knows about.

Kartoffel

I suppose it makes sense. The body adapts to anything eventually, so if the carrot was killing most of the typical colon bacteria it eventually gets populated with one that can eat it or the existing one evolved to tolerate or even eat the carrot. Not something I would have expected, but I guess life is stranger than fiction :):
That leave mushroom and charcoal as gut cleansing tools (aside from antibiotics). I always liked charcoal and did not understand why Peat is so careful about it. Maybe somebody can ask him that question on the next show. I have not heard of people getting bad side effects from charcoal but maybe there are some out there that he knows about.

I think he mentioned that powdered charcoal can be dangerous, if it is too fine. In that case very small charcoal particles might be persorbed. I once took a little finely powdered charcoal, and it gave me an immensly painful headache.

Lynne

I think he mentioned that powdered charcoal can be dangerous, if it is too fine. In that case very small charcoal particles might be persorbed.

Yeah, I heard him say the same thing about particle size/persorbtion, Which made me a bit scared of taking it...

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think he mentioned that powdered charcoal can be dangerous, if it is too fine. In that case very small charcoal particles might be persorbed. I once took a little finely powdered charcoal, and it gave me an immensly painful headache.

Well, considering the recent tread of IV charcoal being relatively benign and in very high doses at that, I don't know if a small oral dose would be much to worry about. But if it gave you headache then I guess it should not be continued.

Do you think it may have been just from bacteria die-off?

yerrag

Maybe he’s just getting tired of Andrew Murray!
The intro part where Ray Peat has to always introduce himself - it's okay if Andrew just says that part.

yerrag

@shepherdgirl I need to listen again, then I must have imagined the rabbit. Alice in Wonderland :)

This is what I feed my chickens but I don't give the nixtamilized corn as tortillas; an extra step I could well do without - just nixtamilized to release the niacin.

Feeding rabbits more fruit at the rate you can feed chooks and pigs has got me curiouser and curiouser. I need to dig into the research or feed rabbits a diet of fruit and nixtamilized corn and see how they fare.
I'm curious as to why the chicken is higher on the food chain than rabbits in your world. And why not just eat rabbits instead chickens? Wouldn't that save you some work? Or is it because your market, if you raise chicken to sell, isn't used to eat rabbits? I've only eaten a rabbit once. My impression is it tastes like chicken, and I wouldn't know the difference.

Last edited:

yerrag

Peat is first and foremost a teacher. He plants the seeds and then assumes the student will put some effort in exploring the ideas, experimenting, making mistakes and learning from those mistakes and refining their knowledge.

Unfortunately, our educational institutions stifle the learning and creativity process resulting in a dumbed-down population who treat knowledge as a commodity. If Peat had elaborated, thinking processes are diminished and you would not be forced to think at that deeper level. Those seeds start to sprout when we are forced to think deeper, enhancing our ability to problem-solve and find solutions. This does not happen when hand fed.

"Perceive Think Act"
I felt the same way about Ray Peat's teaching style. He would say something that I would find contrary to what I believe in. I would react first by saying to myself he is wrong, but still allow that I may be the one wrong. But it would leave an imprint on me. Then one day, it would come together, and I would realize that he was right after all. He allows us to open the window to perceive, think, and act. It is when we discover that we learn.

ilikecats

Andrew always seems salty to me.... jelly of the sheer unadulterated uncut genius that is Ray MF PEAT. That's why he always makes Ray introduce himself... it's a classic power play... and Rays happy to oblige him because he knows it helps Andrew mitigate his own learned helplessness... such profound altruism (likecats sheds a tear)

milk_lover

Well, considering the recent tread of IV charcoal being relatively benign and in very high doses at that, I don't know if a small oral dose would be much to worry about. But if it gave you headache then I guess it should not be continued.
I react better to the powdered/fine charcoal than to the granular/coarse one. I think the granular maybe is irritating my colon. One thing I noticed is that when I take the powdered version, my stool is black, and when I take the granular version, my stool is just normal stool color. I don’t know which one is more effective though at reducing endotoxins. Does the stool color after charcoal tell us any story?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I react better to the powdered/fine charcoal than to the granular/coarse one. I think the granular maybe is irritating my colon. One thing I noticed is that when I take the powdered version, my stool is black, and when I take the granular version, my stool is just normal stool color. I don’t know which one is more effective though at reducing endotoxins. Does the stool color after charcoal tell us any story?

I think it just suggests the granular version does not disintegrate and mix with the food as well as the powder version. Not sure if that means it absorbs less toxins or not.

Lynne

Well, considering the recent tread of IV charcoal being relatively benign and in very high doses at that, I don't know if a small oral dose would be much to worry about.

Good to know thanks Georgi, I'll try it (the powder) again, as I didn't notice any ill effects from it :thumbsup:

Lynne

Andrew always seems salty to me.... jelly of the sheer unadulterated uncut genius that is Ray MF PEAT. That's why he always makes Ray introduce himself... it's a classic power play... and Rays happy to oblige him because he knows it helps Andrew mitigate his own learned helplessness... such profound altruism (likecats sheds a tear)

I too have noticed Andrews 'saltiness', and his wife Sarah seems a bit the same. I've always found the slight snappiness between he and his wife a little unproffessional.

nad

Gr-r-eat interview, thanks for post. Dozen times listened still did'n get about fully hydrogenated oils are good, great(?).
And that peanut oil is saturated? Was it inadvertently misspoken by Dr, Peat? Am I deaf or stupid since nobody asking?
Please?:banghead:

Makrosky

He would like to use Pregnenolone, but says he doesn't know of any product that is probably not contaminated with Estrogen. I wonder if he knows about the idealabs and healthnatura products or feels they are not good either.
Wtf??? He says that???

In which way a pregnenolone product gets contaminated with estrogen??

cyclops

Wtf??? He says that???

In which way a pregnenolone product gets contaminated with estrogen??

He did not say how the pregnenole gets contaminated with estrogen. I'd be very interested to know that as well.

He said that women exhibit some symptom after consuming pregnenolone products that makes him believe these products are probably contaminated with estrogen. He said he would like to take pregnenolone, but he doesn't know of any product that doesn't do this.

Also, I'm sorry, but Im forgetting exactly what that symptom was.

Makrosky

He did not say how the pregnenole gets contaminated with estrogen. I'd be very interested to know that as well.

He said that women exhibit some symptom after consuming pregnenolone products that makes him believe these products are probably contaminated with estrogen. He said he would like to take pregnenolone, but he doesn't know of any product that doesn't do this.

Also, I'm sorry, but Im forgetting exactly what that symptom was.
Yeah no worries. This is really intriguing to me... I hope anyone can throw some light at this. Maybe our Delphos Oracle @Amazoniac and I won't cite haidut because I think he's getting something like 300 alerts a day by now. Better not play with the wrath of greek Gods.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yeah no worries. This is really intriguing to me... I hope anyone can throw some light at this. Maybe our Delphos Oracle @Amazoniac and I won't cite haidut because I think he's getting something like 300 alerts a day by now. Better not play with the wrath of greek Gods.

I know for a fact our pregnenolone does NOT have estrogen, at least not in amounts that are detectable by HPLC/MS. We have had it tested by an independent lab, and COA from the vendor also shows lack of estrogen. I can send Dr. Peat a scoop or two to try but I know he does not like to endorse vendors and frankly I am not interested in getting endorsed either (if he likes the pregnenolone).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals