Ray Peat Interview March 23 2022 - One Radio Network

SamYo123

Get enough milk when eating oatmeal. Milk has calcium and anti-stress factors.

IF I did that, ill be too gassy

shanny

Forum Supporter
I've been making similar changes to my diet lately due to anticipation of tougher times and more expensive/scarcer food. It revolves more around potatoes, eggs, milk, apples and honey now. All affordable and relatively nutritious. And everything except the honey, I could in theory (and would like to) grow/produce/raise myself if I had the land and a few chickens and goats/sheep.
This. You are awake, my friend.

I have listened to the referenced Peat interview in this thread twice, and seeing @LucyL response the other day really got me thinking. I have made a personal shift in my own diet, just as you have Luke. And although I've had moments where I've questioned myself, being a long time follower of Peat's work, I have continued to listen to my own intuition. My shift has been to much more non-perishable foods. I have been eating oatmeal, eating rice and beans and lot's of potatoes. I have made a relationship with a local farmer and have access to raw butter, cheese and goat's milk, which I have been consuming plenty of with these starchy foods, and I have felt great. My own shift toward these foods is because intuitively, I see the writing on the wall and it may be a reality that my system is going to need to tolerate these subsistence foods if the proverbial ***t really hits the fan. I think those of us that have followed Peat and his work understand him enough to realize if anyone sees what is coming ahead, it's him. He's totally preparing, and that was amazing insight LucyL. I think that this is one of the most Peaty things I've read on this forum in a long time. We can fight over starch, protein and low-fat/high fat, but truly being a follower of Peat is seeing things at a much deeper level than most people have the capability of doing.

Over the last two years, I have personally trained my dog to hunt, learned how to hunt, foraged for mushrooms (gotta keep that estrogen down somehow!) and made relationships with people that I know I can barter with if it comes to that. Most people in my life think I'm crazy, but if things get as bad as they have the potential of getting, I know I'll be ok. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst??

Last edited:

YourUniverse

This. You are awake, my friend.

I have listened to the referenced Peat interview in this thread twice, and seeing @LucyL response the other day really got me thinking. I have made a personal shift in my own diet, just as you have Luke. And although I've had moments where I've questioned myself, being a long time follower of Peat's work, I have continued to listen to my own intuition. My shift has been to much more non-perishable foods. I have been eating oatmeal, eating rice and beans and lot's of potatoes. I have made a relationship with a local farmer and have access to raw butter, cheese and goat's milk, which I have been consuming plenty of with these starchy foods, and I have felt great. My own shift toward these foods is because intuitively, I see the writing on the wall and it may be a reality that my system is going to need to tolerate these subsistence foods if the proverbial ***t really hits the fan. I think those of us that have followed Peat and his work understand him enough to realize if anyone sees what is coming ahead, it's him. He's totally preparing, and that was amazing insight LucyL. I think that this is one of the most Peaty things I've read on this forum in a long time. We can fight over starch, protein and low-fat/high fat, but truly being a follower of Peat is seeing things at a much deeper level than most people have the capability of doing.

Over the last two years, I have personally trained my dog to hunt, learned how to hunt, foraged for mushrooms (gotta keep that estrogen down somehow!) and made relationships with people that I know I can barter with if it comes to that. Most people in my life think I'm crazy, but if things get as bad as they have the potential of getting, I know I'll be ok. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst??
I think he's just experimenting with a higher carb diet

Nomane Euger

And you might have digestive issues, slow bowlms.. because you dont get enough oatmeal.. which is my case..
hi,all you seems to manifest in a lot of your posts is learned helplessness,impotency,fatality,wich doesnt not bring any positive to others or to yourself.make a log,or keep it up if you already have one,where you share your detailed experiences so you can identify with more precision wich factors cause positives effects and which cause negatives,some peoples such as my self would gladly help you but you sometimes dont share enough details,or you scatter them arround different posts

Last edited:

oxphoser

What do you think Dr. Peat considers "low protein"? He has often talked about the military study that said even desk job people need a minimum of 100 grams of protein.
He says at 1:35:00 of the March 23rd Patrick Timpone interview that he is getting his protein down to 60 grams a day. I also heard that interview with Danny Roddy on 2021 where he said 100 g was the minimum.

SamYo123

hi,all you seems to manifest in a lot of your posts is learned helplessness,impotency,fatality,wich doesnt not bring any positive to others or to yourself.make a log,or keep it up if you already have one,where you share your detailed experiences so you can identify with more precision wich factors cause positives effects and which cause negatives,some peoples such as my self would gladly help you but you sometimes dont share enough details,or you scatter them arround different posts
Fructose of any form causes skin issues, my bowl movements dont seem to be great when Im consuming fructose

Thyroid stuff does not work temps or pulse

Dobbler

Im out of loop does Ray think you should microwave the oat bran or eat it raw?

Nomane Euger

Fructose of any form causes skin issues, my bowl movements dont seem to be great when Im consuming fructose

Thyroid stuff does not work temps or pulse
can you make a log so you can share your coming experiments?do all honey/refine sugar/fruits cause you skin issues?have you tryed coconut water?

SamYo123

can you make a log so you can share your coming experiments?do all honey/refine sugar/fruits cause you skin issues?have you tryed coconut water?
Yes anything with fructose in it.. sugar, fruit, juices, maple syrup, honey, ketchup

Fructose affects my liver, and the liver reflects, the skin conditions and if the liver is affected so is the digestive system based on what ive heard on this forum and, peat, roddy, haiduit

Giraffe

Yes anything with fructose in it.. sugar, fruit, juices, maple syrup, honey, ketchup

Fructose affects my liver, and the liver reflects, the skin conditions and if the liver is affected so is the digestive system based on what ive heard on this forum and, peat, roddy, haiduit

You might want to start a thread in the logs forum. Detail your issues there and what you have tried and how you reacted. People will be glad to try to help you when they have a clearer picture. Plus you don't derail threads like this one.

Lampshard

Pretty disappointed to see people on the forum unable to put starch and red light in context and trying to spot "contradictions" in Peat's thought. Starch is obviously a very good source of calories and nootrients (Dr. Peat has repeated many times that potatoes are an almost ideal food for example), but a hypometabolic person with a slow digestion and a higher bacterial load in his intestines will end up producing a ton of endotoxin from them, which will further weaken his gut lining, especially if not followed by an indigestible fiber. But even quickly absorbable sugar can turn to fuel for bacteria in SIBO, Peat himself takes antibiotics and carrot salads/other fiber enough for that not to be an issue with starch. The particles absorbed's damage is somewhat diminished if taken with saturated fat. Red light is obviously a good thing, but it promotes angiogenesis with prolonged use, which is not necessarily bad, but is part of the same processes related to cancer and inflammation. Angiogenesis is produced also by heat for example and hyperthermia therapy still has anti-cancer effects. Same with applying it to the testicles, any unregulated stimulation of one separate part can end up having unexpected negative effects down the line. Basically if you can eat starch with some butter and not feel any endotoxin symptoms afterwards, you should do it, you should use a balanced chicken light without focusing it on any particular organ without need. And Danny imitating Peat is just him being enthusiastic and eager to experiment, it's very cute and a good sign for his own health if anything. Longer post, but it's saddening to see people here try to run their mouths while the man is just trying to provide as safe advice as possible

shanny

Forum Supporter

Any chance you have iron overload? In my personal experience, I could not tolerate fructose or high vitamin C foods for a very long time just as you describe. I would have horrible skin reactions (and still do if I pair fruit and red meat). Fructose and vitamin C both increase iron absorption, so that may be what's going on for you. It took me a few years to figure this out. I actually thought I had a fructose intolerance, but then I found Morley Robbins work and read some of his stuff and realized what was going on. I'm happy to help you, just DM me if you want to know what I did to get things right. That way we don't derail this thread.

Lollipop2

How much orange juice does Dr. Peat drink every day?
- A quart, for the anti-inflammatory effects. Now trying a pint of concord grape juice and a pint of orange juice.
Interesting to see Ray speak of experimenting with Concord Grape Juice.

retroactive

I haven't listened to this one yet but I have noticed that Ray has been mixing up a few words lately. Its possible he meant oat 'bran' and not oatmeal.

Also, I can confrim that progesterone and dhea can have noticeable effects topically.

Ritchie

Danny had asked him about red light because Ray said it was very beneficial, but he changed his mind and said that red light might speed up cancer and only natural light is beneficial because it's broad spectrum. Danny was amazed because he was using red light bulbs and his face didn't look too happy.
Do you mind linking this interview?

yerrag

Well that is essentially asking others by searching in engine
I appreciate the extra effort people make when posting to keep others from having to look up acronyms.

When I was working in a top 500 corporation, I had no choice but to learn to use their acronyms. That is the corporate culture I hated.

I try to avoid acronyms except when its already part of pop culture, but still this is an international forum so I wouldn't appreciate Aussies and Germans using their acronyms on me.

I rather that when I read my focus is on understanding the content and not having to be distracted by Google lookups.

But that's just me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals