One Radio Network - January 2020

OP
L

lampofred

Apparently he did an interview yesterday on philosophy, does anyone know where to find this?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Aaaah yeeeah. Thank you sir. :hattip

yoshiesque

Apparently he did an interview yesterday on philosophy, does anyone know where to find this?
here it is

if link dont work go on youtube and search
"Dr. Raymond Peat on Cosmology and Transforming Society | Cooperation Paradigm"

OP
L

lampofred

here it is

if link dont work go on youtube and search
"Dr. Raymond Peat on Cosmology and Transforming Society | Cooperation Paradigm"

Thank you!

Mito

Has anybody used an oximeter to gauge carbon dioxide production like Ray does?

yerrag

Ray Peat said what makes perfect sense, that good blood sugar regulation is need for good thyroid health. The liver needs a steady supply of blood sugar to be able to convert T4 to T3.

This is one interview where Ray Peat talks a lot about good blood sugar regulation, something which I felt has been implicit in his writings and interviews. After all, he has spoken strongly agsinst PUFAs, as PUFAs block the absorption by tissues of sugar. And with that, an increase in blood sugar would result.

But in this interview, he had become more explicit in emphasizing blood sugar regulation. Listen to the interview. He talks blood sugar regulation being able to improve blood circulation efficiency, as seen is lowered blood pressure and lowered pulse pressure. He talks about better blood sugar regulation leading to lowered stress, as seen in lowered cortisol and adrenaline.

Last edited:

yerrag

Another point that's gold is Peat saying something that corrects the impression I had about temperature and heart rate - that a healthy metabolism means having a consistent temperature and heart rate throughout the day and night. I got this impression because I would see people in our forum being proud about their ability to have a consistent temperature and heart rate, that even at night, while asleep, the same temperature and heart rate would be maintained as during the day.

This has made me wonder and fret about my temps and heart rate being relatively low during sleep hours.

In this interview, Ray Peat says that high temps and pulse even at night is a sign of stress.

Now, I fee better knowing there's nothing wrong with my have a lower temperature and pulse at night.

Lizb

He thinks 93-95% is good
I feel somewhat confused about this.

I do know that 100% reading on a finger monitor just means there's lots of oxygen in the cell, but can't get enough out without enough co2.

(no co2 = no o2).

So, maybe it's reasonable to say that a lower reading would be better - I can see that.

But, if you have compromised, damaged lungs, you clearly have a o2 and co2 supply problem, and often display the lower results on the finger monitor.

Additionally, recently a Buteyko practitioner told me that when I have a chest infection and my control pause goes up, the reason for that would be that my body is directing all the co2 to the lungs to do a repair job.

Can anyone unpack that so I can have clear thought on the matter please?

By the way how do you tag someone?

yerrag

I feel somewhat confused about this.
It is confusing at the start, at least that was the case for me. And this is why most nurses (and perhaps doctors as well) view high spO2 as a very good thing. After all, they use oxygen tanks (with no CO2) to assist patients with breathing (mixed with atmospheric air by the way). With this method, the oxygen saturation has no way to go but up, which seemingly validates (a case of cognitive dissonance) the approach of our hospitals and clinics, however wrong the approach is.

This is equivalent to a bus that picks up 100 passengers in New York City headed to Buffalo. When it arrives in Buffalo, none of the passenger alight because the windows and doors are shut. This means 100 passengers are locked in the bus, and 0 passengers actually set foot in Buffalo.

If you see the passengers as oxygen, then you get the idea.

I do know that 100% reading on a finger monitor just means there's lots of oxygen in the cell, but can't get enough out without enough co2.
The 100% doesn't refer to oxygen in the cell, it refers to the oxygen in blood that is intended to get into the cells of the bodily tissues. But if you meant the red blood cell, you are correct though.

So, maybe it's reasonable to say that a lower reading would be better - I can see that.
It is, as that means oxygen is being released by the red blood cells to the cells in the body. As the red blood cell releases oxygen, less oxygen is available in the red blood cell, and this is reflected in lower oximeter readings.

But, if you have compromised, damaged lungs, you clearly have a o2 and co2 supply problem, and often display the lower results on the finger monitor.
The alveolar sacs in the lungs would lose its ability to efficiently release CO2 from blood and absorb O2 in blood. Too much CO2 left in the blood leads to hyperventilation, as the body keeps attempting to release CO2 in order to lower blood acidity. Too little O2 absorbed in the blood shows as low oximeter reading. In the case of mercury toxicity, oxygen-carrying hemoglobin in the red blood cell would carry less oxygen, and this would also lead to hypoxemia, or low oxygen transport in blood.

Tagging someone - @Lizb

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals