L

lampofred

np, but

lamp of red

lol

OP
L

lampofred

Tom Marvolo Riddle/I Am Lord Voldemort would be proud of this thread...

Inaut

Ray Peat makes me smile every time I hear him speak

Peatful

Ray Peat makes me smile every time I hear him speak

I’ll troll these posts because I stan.
Like in an embarrassing unPeat way.

boris

Poor Patrick smearing his feet with high PUFA sesame oil. Nobody warns him :lol:.

Why didn't Peat say anything....

Well, he'll find out someday.

L

Lord Cola

Patrick is a very good interviewer. He always follows up with questions that I often wonder about when reading RP's research.

Inaut

I had to buy the Carbonic Acid book. It will be good to have in the collection and i hate reading on screens

Inaut

I’m about half way through the book. Pretty interesting.

Just getting into actual application of carbonic acid which goes way back. At the point where Achilles is discussing carbonic acid for the treatment of cancerous ulcers. It was repeated that carbonic acid was extremely effective as a palliative treatment but not a cure. I think treatments were rather crude back then but atleast there’s even more evidence of it being effective to some extent.

yerrag

Ray Peat also said that hemoglobin at the low end of range is ideal. This resonates with me because I use rbc, hemoglobin, and hematocrit, together, as a proxy for determining whether I am low in blood volume. After checking out that my EPO is normal and that I don't have too much reticulocytes, I could use a cheap CBC test to get an idea of my blood volume. Ray Peat talks about low blood volume causing high blood pressure, which is counter to mainstream medicine's miseducation.

This information has been helpful after I tie the bits and pieces of information together. My current rbc (I can use rbc in place of hemoglobin, as the values are etched in my brain) is 5.71 and the low end of optimal range is at 4.2 (optimal range 4.2-4.9, male; 3.9 - 4.5, female). Being that I'm far off, I could get an idea of how low my blood volume is by comparing 4.2 and 5.71. I guess I could say that my blood volume is 75% of what would be ideal. This would explain my persistent high blood pressure, as changing blood pressure can't be easily done taking all sorts of substances that don't address increasing blood volume.

Ray's talked about albumin, and how albumin attracts sodium. With low albumin, there would not be a lot of sodium attracted to it, and with the albumin pool being low in my blood, the sodium pool would also be low. The volume of plasma would be low as well, given that only a limited amount of water can form plasma. This is because the amount of water in plasma can't be more than what constitutes an isotonic saline solution in plasma, which is a concentration of 0.9% (and allowable tight variation from it).

I find it also helpful knowing how much more concentrated my blood is with low blood volume. For example, I recently got a high serum creatinine of 1.45, which is way beyond the acceptable high limit of 1.1. I was shocked initially at this jump, as it would seem to indicate a sudden deterioration of my kidneys ability to filter. But this occurred just at the same time my serum rbc jumped from 5.34 to 5.71. I thought about this not being simply a coincidence, and I got to think that with lower blood volume, the serum creatinine values would also become higher. There are many serum marker readings that become less useful without knowing the state of our blood volume. I think that the use of the CBC marker info would be helpful in explaining some serum marker readings that appear high.

Last edited:
OP
L

lampofred

I’m about half way through the book. Pretty interesting.

Just getting into actual application of carbonic acid which goes way back. At the point where Achilles is discussing carbonic acid for the treatment of cancerous ulcers. It was repeated that carbonic acid was extremely effective as a palliative treatment but not a cure. I think treatments were rather crude back then but atleast there’s even more evidence of it being effective to some extent.

I skimmed it but how do you get the CO2 for the bath? Is a tank the only way...? Dry ice, baking soda+vinegar seem like they won't be enough to cover the whole body unless you get a huge amount.

Inaut

I think the tank is the only reliable way unless you live by a spring known to be rich in carbonic acid and can bathe in it....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals