December 17, 2019 - One Radio Network

Lejeboca

Fantastic one. I heard it live.

Yep. Answered my "unasked" (!) questions about the possible elimination of cholesterol esters and autoimmune system mechanism. Wow.

But now I have another question: Are there metabolic problems for which progesterone is not recommended?
I am hesitant to start a new thread on this question. Maybe anyone care to answer here? Thanks!

OP
L

lampofred

He mentioned that burning fat leads to lactic acidosis, but I thought it was high fat-burning (leading to elevated prolactin) combined with glucose that led to lactic acid? In other words, if you always burn sugar, you are doing great, if you always burn fat, you are ok in terms of not producing excess lactic acid, but if you burn fat for a long time (especially PUFAs, leading to elevated prolactin) and then suddenly introduce carbs, you are screwed in terms of lactic acid overload until you bring the prolactin down.

He also said that sugar leads to cavities only if you are under stress and you don't rinse your teeth properly, but I thought sugar depletes B6 and zinc (but only if your thyroid is low and estrogen is high) and that that is real reason behind sugar causing cavities.

IMO he sounded a bit worn out at the end. It seemed like Patrick was starting to be a bit judgmental that Dr. Peat seems to recommend milk and thyroid for everything, and I guess that might have gotten to him.

OP
L

lampofred

But now I have another question: Are there metabolic problems for which progesterone is not recommended?
I am hesitant to start a new thread on this question. Maybe anyone care to answer here? Thanks!

Maybe for someone low on nutrients it can cause overstimulation? I have read people on here talking about dry skin from using progesterone, so maybe that would indicate a calcium deficiency that needs to be fixed. But even this "overstimulation" is a good thing imo because it tells you where your body is off balance and allows you to fix it.

Only situation I can think of where it wouldn't be useful is if someone doesn't have money for nutritious food and can't afford to boost metabolism at the moment.

gaze

damn, i wish he would have stated the exact brand name of the grass fed milk company which is notoriously bad

postman

Did he say his 3 foods to bring to a deserted island were cheese, orange juice, and turkey? Or taco? Sounded like he said turkey first but then corrected to taco?

LUH 3417

He mentioned that burning fat leads to lactic acidosis, but I thought it was high fat-burning (leading to elevated prolactin) combined with glucose that led to lactic acid? In other words, if you always burn sugar, you are doing great, if you always burn fat, you are ok in terms of not producing excess lactic acid, but if you burn fat for a long time (especially PUFAs, leading to elevated prolactin) and then suddenly introduce carbs, you are screwed in terms of lactic acid overload until you bring the prolactin down.

He also said that sugar leads to cavities only if you are under stress and you don't rinse your teeth properly, but I thought sugar depletes B6 and zinc (but only if your thyroid is low and estrogen is high) and that that is real reason behind sugar causing cavities.

IMO he sounded a bit worn out at the end. It seemed like Patrick was starting to be a bit judgmental that Dr. Peat seems to recommend milk and thyroid for everything, and I guess that might have gotten to him.
I feel like Patrick was taking shots at him more than usual this show. when he asked what Peat would give to someone with an autoimmune disease, he added “even though you don’t give medical advice” in a pretty sarcastic tone. He also called Peat’s explanation of glucose metabolism and lactic acid production vs carbonic acid production geeky and complicated. I felt like he had a dismissive and snarky tone at times and it was unnecessary.

Inaut

@lampofred if anybody is going to beat me, I'm glad it's you mang :) Thanks for sharing.

All of the questions asked are right up my alley

boris

He also called Peat’s explanation of glucose metabolism and lactic acid production vs carbonic acid production geeky and complicated.

"Wow, that was pretty geeky". He says that every episode with Peat though :lol:. He also called him a "thyroid geek" once :rolling.

I don't think he means it in a derogatory way, but I agree he sounded a little stressed out this episode.

Last edited:

yerrag

I feel like Patrick was taking shots at him more than usual this show. when he asked what Peat would give to someone with an autoimmune disease, he added “even though you don’t give medical advice” in a pretty sarcastic tone. He also called Peat’s explanation of glucose metabolism and lactic acid production vs carbonic acid production geeky and complicated. I felt like he had a dismissive and snarky tone at times and it was unnecessary.
Haven't finished listening But I felt Patrick was cutting Peat off. He sounded like a lawyer. He might as well tell Ray Peat to just answer "yes" or "no." Perhaps Patrick's been interviewing Ray for a while already and the familiarity is getting to him. I hope Jodelle's interviews would stay as pleasant and informative.

Or perhaps Patrick skipped breakfast and was low on sugar. Everyone's got down days.

Last edited:

boris

Did he say his 3 foods to bring to a deserted island were cheese, orange juice, and turkey? Or taco? Sounded like he said turkey first but then corrected to taco?
I think he said tortillas first and then tacos. Patrick misunderstood turkey I think.

LUH 3417

"Wow, that was pretty geeky". He says that every episode with Peat though :lol:. He also called him a "thyroid geek" :rolling.

I don't think he means it in a derogatory way, but I agree he sounded a little stressed out this episode.
I agree that he has used geeky to refer to Peat’s explanations before but it was the tone this time, like @yerrag said...maybe he was stressed? I heard him sigh several times and in general he seemed less pleasant than he usually is to Peat. I still like this show better than the Herb Doctors but I got the sense that he doesn’t believe sugar, thyroid and milk are as miraculous as peat makes them out to be. Last show he said he gained 3 pounds drinking milk even though he has had a difficult time gaining weight his entire life. Maybe he’s harboring some resentment!

boris

@raysputin I noticed the sighs too. He started getting a little agitated when the fat and pufa discussion got going. I think he got stressed out when he realized his actual pufa intake.

I often hear a little confusion from Patrick on the topic of pufa sources.

Inaut

I think Patrick is relatively new to the Peat prism.... He just recently started drinking milk and still uses PUFA seed oils like black cumin seed. I don't think he means anything by it, I just think he's half in/half out which makes it somewhat frustrating. Alot of his guests in the past were exact opposites of Ray, even Bergstrom has differing opinions (which is healthy I'd say for contrast). Maybe he woke up on the wrong side of the bed yesterday :(

@raysputin I noticed the sighs too. He started getting a little agitated when the fat and pufa discussion got going. I think he got stressed out when he realized his actual pufa intake.

I often hear a little confusion from Patrick on the topic of pufa sources.

maybe because his advertisers sell PUFAs.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Red pills can sometimes be a hard thing to swallow.

Last edited:
L

Lord Cola

I heard tortilla. Patrick thought he said turkey. You can tell RP was briefly confused when Patrick started asking him about turkey.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals