December 17, 2019 - One Radio Network

mangoes

I heard tortillas.

I felt a bit bad at the end when Peat said he wasn’t doing anything nice for the holidays, just working

redred

I heard tortillas.

I felt a bit bad at the end when Peat said he wasn’t doing anything nice for the holidays, just working
peat is not christian i belief and also he is have a partner

OP
L

lampofred

How many people are honestly there in the world with whom he could converse as an equal. When his mind is decades ahead of our time.

Plus I always felt that he has mild symptoms of Asperger's. Not saying that in a critical tone, just an observation.

Eugene, OR apparently has the highest rate of autism in the country.

redred

How many people are honestly there in the world with whom he could converse as an equal. When his mind is decades ahead of our time.

Plus I always felt that he has mild symptoms of Asperger's. Not saying that in a critical tone, just an observation.

Eugene, OR apparently has the highest rate of autism in the country.
thats true he is pretty assburger

boris

He says when he's in Mexico he finds it refreshing to go to the town square and talk to strangers. Doesn't sound very aspergers to me, but I don't know much about the condition.

redred

He says when he's in Mexico he finds it refreshing to go to the town square and talk to strangers. Doesn't sound very aspergers to me, but I don't know much about the condition.
do they respond is the question...

gaze

It’s also interesting that he said he drinks Lucerne milk which isn’t grass fed or organic, and has A and D

yerrag

I was dissatisfied with Ray's answer to the question about why a guy who used to run long distances would have lower heart rate.

Ray answered that the guy has become more efficient in keeping lactic acid from being produced when making energy. If efficiency is good, then we should then run long distances? And low heart rate is a good thing? Ray sometimes doesn't directly address a question, and his response seems like a politician's answer.

Last edited:

postman

I am pretty sure he said taco. Which makes me ask why he would like something made out of corn. Corn would obviously contain corn oil, would it not, and that is a PUFA oil. Now I realize that it would not be that much, but however much is in the taco would be exposed to high heat, and that can't be healthy. He is such a stickler about PUFAs, I find it odd that he would be into corn that way.
You can make tortillas with degermed corn, meaning the fat content is less than half of that of whole corn. But most masa harina products I've seen use whole grain corn...

I'm more surprised about the starch factor, with how much he rags on it and with how much people on this forum hate on starch.

gaze

when relistened to it he very clearly says tortillas. not sure how i missed that

tara

He is such a stickler about PUFAs, I find it odd that he would be into corn that way.
Some people here try to get their PUFA to almost 0.
I doubt that Peat himself is as extreme in his diet as some of his followers.
He's talked about observing favourable effects on himself of foods made with nixtamalised corn compared with other starchy foods, and that he eats them.
The protein is made more readily available to the body and the B vitamins get "activated" by the nixtamalization process. Frying in coconut oil will displace some of the pufa.
I think it might also increase available calcium, but not sure.

Or if it was turkey, was he after a live one to lay eggs?
Ray answered that the guy has become more efficient in keeping lactic acid from being produced when making energy. If efficiency is good, then we should then run long distances? And low heart rate is a good thing? Ray sometimes don't directly address a question, and his response seems like a politician's answer.
I think Peat tends to answer the specific question he is asked. And then sometimes people interpret it more broadly.
I haven't listened to this interview yet.
But efficiency is always related to one or more specific parameters. Nothing general can be said about whether efficiency is good or not without defining it's scope. Did he refer to lower lactic acid in relation to producing energy for running? Or energy in general?

gaze

@tara @yerrag

He specifically said endurance can lower metabolism by way of affecting the thyroid.
He then went on however to say some endurance athletes probably have an adaptation that makes their tissues more resistant to forming the “wasteful lactic acid”. i don’t think he was promoting it simply saying how they manage to do it. I can see the confusion however because right after he said coffee can produce a similar effect almost like he was equating coffee to endurance

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals