Nystatin Drops

laleto12

Hi!
I will do a course of Rifaximin but I have read that I should also use Nystatin to prevent fungal overgrowth.
However I cannot find powdered/tablet nystatin. I could find only oral drops that are used to treat oral candidiasis. I dont know if this works in digestive system
Each drop contains 100.000 IU. It also has very crappy additives like parabens etc.

Should I use this with Rifaximin? If yes, What should be the dosage? Thanks.

Edit: I've just found that Ketoconazole 200 mg tablet which is an systemic antimycotic also available in my country. Maybe that would be better? Although the Information Leaflet says it could cause serious death risk and serious liver damage and It should be only used If other fungal treatments are used unsuccesfully which kinda got me anxious lol.

Last edited:
Hi!
I will do a course of Rifaximin but I have read that I should also use Nystatin to prevent fungal overgrowth.
However I cannot find powdered/tablet nystatin. I could find only oral drops that are used to treat oral candidiasis. I dont know if this works in digestive system
Each drop contains 100.000 IU. It also has very crappy additives like parabens etc.

Should I use this with Rifaximin? If yes, What should be the dosage? Thanks.

Edit: I've just found that Ketoconazole 200 mg tablet which is an systemic antimycotic also available in my country. Maybe that would be better? Although the Information Leaflet says it could cause serious death risk and serious liver damage and It should be only used If other fungal treatments are used unsuccesfully which kinda got me anxious lol.

I would stick to nistatin drops, additives content is insignificant if you weight every ml of solution. Nistatine mostly stays in GI tract, systemic antifungals are more risky.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

I would stick to nistatin drops, additives content is insignificant if you weight every ml of solution. Nistatine mostly stays in GI tract, systemic antifungals are more risky.
Thank you so much for your response. How much do you think I should use? 500.000 IU a day with food? in seperate doses or one? ( 7 days of rifaximin + 7 days of nystatin)

Google "nistatine guidelines"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals