Methylene Blue Bath

Ben.

Hey guys,

So i just went for a rather bold experiment. I've came across a anecdote of a person saying he/she coudn't pursue the benefits of Methylene Blue due to it causing depression (prolly cause its a MAOI). So this person claims a methylene blue bath was able to produce the same positive effects the oral route produced without the sideffects.

Now i know this is just a anecdote and a piece of text i found randomly on a website but i just went ahead and did it myself on sunday. Reason being i noticed great benefits taking MB orally most noticeably by my hair quality/strength. it even produces baby hairs at my receeding temples. However it also causes sever issues with my receeding gums.

So i took 1/4 of a teaspoon of methylene blue powder from my 25g container for a full bath. The dosage was prolly to high as the water was deep dark blue.

I do not have a good camera so pardon the bad quality:

DSC_0314.JPG

Considering how badly MB stains i think the mess is not so bad. I found the staining to go off better with water and rubbing with the fingers instead of a sponge.

The staining on the skin is neglectible since the skin that gets staines readily sheds off. I am serious the skin rubs off into little flakes insanely well. healthy or thin skin didn'T seem to stain much if at all. However the thick skin or callused skin seems to stain more readily. But even more important ... the NAILS. Oh my god the nails. As a man these deep blue nails were hard to ignore and even harder to explain to the people in my daily life.

Now on the picture they don't look as bad because i soaked them 2 times for 30 minutes in water with lots of vitamin c and its been already 2 days but the nails initially were deep dark blue. It seems like with time the stain seems to get better rather quickly.

DSC_0315.JPG

Results:

Positive

The MB must have had a energizing effect or something because while the water temperature was dropping, my body heat seemed to go up. At around the 20 or 25 minute mark however my body semed to feel realy agitated and at unrest. I had the urge to get out at 30 minutes.

Almost instantly after leaving the bath tub i felt my breathing to be extremely restriction free. Not just breathing but all my joints felt loose and relaxed. I also immediately felt a subtle but noticable decrease in mental fatigue. The thing is this mental "fatigue" was baseline. I essentially leveled up here and feel like this wierd burden fell of me.

I didn't submerge my head (only neck) into the water because i knew i had to work the next day. However the hair benefits i have from oral ingestion also seemed to happen trough the transdermal route even if neither the scalp nor the hair got touched by it. I attribute this to systemic improvement. Im no kidding awsome strong and fluffy hair for 3 days now. Its the very reason i didn't want to give up with MB.

Also subtle vision improvement.
I can't say that it affected my gums negatively like it does with the oral route (prolly because it doesn't disrupt the microbiome there locally).

I went to bed and i kid you not i can't remember having such teenager like morning wood waking up for quite some time. And yes this is extremely positive.

Negative

While it seems to energize me it also seemed to make me unrestful. When i went to sleep i noticed my tinnitus was louder, my heart seemed to work realy hard as i was able to feel it pumping on my back and in my head. It seems as if i was overexcited.

Caution if you want to try this

First i have no idea if this is safe or even realy usefull. All i know is its used for fish bath treatments for fungal/parasitic issues.
If you plan to not be a laughing stock whereever you go make sure to not stain/submerge your fingenails or body areas you cant cover with clothing and dont go submerging above the chest./neck.

I also do not how the reaction would be if it were summer and if one had more sun exposure on the skin. Might be dangerous. Currently here its still to cold to have more than a face exposed and most time is spent inside.

Last edited:

Makrosky

hahaaha love these experiments. Have you tried epsom salts baths? I did (only on the feet though) and I experienced the positives you mentioned without negatives.

The negatives you reported could have been a stress reaction. That is A LOT of MB. 1/4 tsp could easily be a quarter or half a gram?

Makrosky

I mean, you probably ODed on it now that I think it better. Please report how your urine is on the next days. I suspect it will be quite blueish/greenish

Drareg

Interesting experiment, was your body blue or stained after the bath?
It sounds like you needed glucose while in the bath, even without methylene blue a hot bath can increase the metabolic rate, Peat mentioned this before when speaking about hot baths.

CastorTroy

Dude, you need to do a little more of research before this kind of experiments. You absolutely can't just throw a random bunch of the stuff measured by the eye and expect everything will go fine. For an average bathtub you should use about 80mg no more. You probably put several grams in there, thats a crazy amount that gonna stain for sure everything. You should also pre-dilute those 80mg in a liter or two of water and let it sit there some time so it will dilute easier when you finally put it in the bathtub.

So I have tried this now too, a warm bath also with roughly a quarter or eight of a teaspoon of methylene blue.
I have no blue staining anywhere and I think I had higher pulse during the bath (you can hear the thumps more easily in water) but that might be from the warm water, too.
I feel good right now but I am not sure if I can attribute this to methylene blue. I also fell asleep in a good way during the bath but, again, might not be due to methylene blue.
I also dunked my hair into it for 10 minutes or more and it seems to have milled my dandruff into very fine and sticky powder. My hair was also very stubborn and I could barely even comb it (I comb them into place while wet and let them air dry usually); the hair did barely move at all, static. My scalp was more mobile than usual.

Measured blood pressure right now with systolic 140, diastolic 74 and a pulse of 85
My average systolic is 147, diastolic 80 and average pulse 93 (in my little log). Nothing indicatve I would say
Needs some more experimenting and we also have to rule out the effects of warm baths but I find the effects on hair and scalp interesting and I will continue doing this weekly

OP
Ben.

Ben.

hahaaha love these experiments. Have you tried epsom salts baths? I did (only on the feet though) and I experienced the positives you mentioned without negatives.

The negatives you reported could have been a stress reaction. That is A LOT of MB. 1/4 tsp could easily be a quarter or half a gram?

I actually put some epsom salt in while the bath tub was filling with water. Altough i never experienced anything like this with only epsom salt baths.

I mean, you probably ODed on it now that I think it better. Please report how your urine is on the next days. I suspect it will be quite blueish/greenish

Don't realy think there was to much absorption happening. No blue or green pee at all (unlike the oral route that instantly leads to deep or light blue pee).

Interesting experiment, was your body blue or stained after the bath?
It sounds like you needed glucose while in the bath, even without methylene blue a hot bath can increase the metabolic rate, Peat mentioned this before when speaking about hot baths.

Most skin didn't stain or if it did it flaked off while in the bath tub or after rubbing myself dry with a towel. Obviously some spots remained with a blueish taint but skin cleans itself very easily. Most of what remained on the back and hard to reach spots got off after i showered today. Even the nails are more or less becoming unstained.

Was your BP unaffected?

Didn't measure it but the way my heart felt that night i woudn't be surprised if it was.

Dude, you need to do a little more of research before this kind of experiments.

If there is one in particular you have in mind could you share? because its not like i didn't research.
I am aware of what it does and what it can do, i know how its used in fish and read some studies for its use in dermatology product usage ... my measurement was not on purpose but more a sort of accident tbh. Based on my oral experiments i know i need 3-5times the amount of what is claimed to notice anything at all. But as naive as it may be, health wise i am way in to deep to just take studys at face value and orient myself more and more on my own, real world observations. Afterall i have no Microscope or other devices at my disposal to make "scientific" work on myself as it is demanded in our society. I did this for me eventho it might hurt me.

You absolutely can't just throw a random bunch of the stuff measured by the eye and expect everything will go fine. For an average bathtub you should use about 80mg no more. You probably put several grams in there, thats a crazy amount that gonna stain for sure everything. You should also pre-dilute those 80mg in a liter or two of water and let it sit there some time so it will dilute easier when you finally put it in the bathtub.

Uhhh ... seems like i can, i did not expect everything to be fine, where did i say i was? Merely was i intrigued to much by an anecdote. I recklessly experimented and i am aware that it can backfire hard and i take full responsibility nor do i recommend anyone to do what i did.

That can't be several grams. If the whole container is 25g then what i took out was at worst 1-2 grams. The pre-dilute is a nice info tho thanks.

Did your pubic hair bleach? :p:

Noo. Interestingly down there both hair, skin and the male organ seemed to be unaffected. A little stain on thoose hanging twins but there was almost no stain at all for the majority of the area.

So I have tried this now too, a warm bath also with roughly a quarter or eight of a teaspoon of methylene blue.
I have no blue staining anywhere and I think I had higher pulse during the bath (you can hear the thumps more easily in water) but that might be from the warm water, too.
I feel good right now but I am not sure if I can attribute this to methylene blue. I also fell asleep in a good way during the bath but, again, might not be due to methylene blue.
I also dunked my hair into it for 10 minutes or more and it seems to have milled my dandruff into very fine and sticky powder. My hair was also very stubborn and I could barely even comb it (I comb them into place while wet and let them air dry usually); the hair did barely move at all, static. My scalp was more mobile than usual.

Measured blood pressure right now with systolic 140, diastolic 74 and a pulse of 85
My average systolic is 147, diastolic 80 and average pulse 93 (in my little log). Nothing indicatve I would say
Needs some more experimenting and we also have to rule out the effects of warm baths but I find the effects on hair and scalp interesting and I will continue doing this weekly

Its a antimicrobial after all, i coudn't dunk my face or hair tho and still got a good effect on my scalp and hair. I think the positive effects i had mainly stem from a reduced bacterial/fungal load and MB reaching certain blood vessels/lymphs. That would be my best guess as i don't know how well and how deep methylene blue actually absorbs trough the skin.

There was a forum user using MB on the scalp and for his hair and apparantly they got white or "bleached" as you said from it. Prolly not a thing one wants to do to regularily. But ofcourse im intrigued to try it again maybe in 2 weeks or so depending on how i feel and how the effects last or develop.

A interesting study altough in-vitro:

Methylene blue diffusion in skin tissue

During the fist 30 minutes staining the skin samples has been insignificant at visual observations. In the microscopic image (Fig. 4 (a)) it is well seen that dermal tissue has remained non-stained practically. Apparently the stained objects are only blood and lymph vessels, channels of hair follicles, and infundibula of different glands contiguous to the solution. During the experiment the MB solution has penetrated gradually into interstitial space. Fig. 4 (b, c) shows the depth of the dye penetration into the skin samples in dependence on time. It is well seen that MB solution has penetrated into the samples from the side of the dermis (at the left side of the images) and stained dermal fibers. At that the epidermis has remained non-stained practically during all time of the experiment.

Last edited:
Its a antimicrobial after all, i coudn't dunk my face or hair tho and still got a good effect on my scalp and hair. I think the positive effects i had mainly stem from a reduced bacterial/fungal load and MB reaching certain blood vessels/lymphs. That would be my best guess as i don't know how well and how deep methylene blue actually absorbs trough the skin.

There was a forum user using MB on the scalp and for his hair and apparantly they got white or "bleached" as you said from it. Prolly not a thing one wants to do to regularily. But ofcourse im intrigued to try it again maybe in 2 weeks or so depending on how i feel and how the effects last or develop.

A interesting study altough in-vitro:
I am aware of this forum member and he said that only a few hairs turned white which fell out by themselves later on, not all.
Methylene blue seems to be charging the hair because my hair is as strong and static as before and I think it might be a good alternative to hair clay or gel for keeping steady hairstyle.
I have not noticed any dying and I am interested as to why your fingernails were stained, intriguing but I do not have the smarts to search for a good theoretical explanation

OP
Ben.

Ben.

I am aware of this forum member and he said that only a few hairs turned white which fell out by themselves later on, not all.
Methylene blue seems to be charging the hair because my hair is as strong and static as before and I think it might be a good alternative to hair clay or gel for keeping steady hairstyle.
I have not noticed any dying and I am interested as to why your fingernails were stained, intriguing but I do not have the smarts to search for a good theoretical explanation

Oh it was only a few hairs? I mean thats good haha^^

Your nails didn't stain?

Sullytex

I plug the shower drain and put 5-7 drops in the 2 or so inches of water. No staining but limited effects also.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals