Chronic yeast infections + dyshidrotic eczema helppp

girl01

hi, this is my first post so please be nice lol. ive done a lot of reading on the site already about both topics so i know theres a lot of posts already but just wanted to detail my own experience. i have been having recurring yeast infections all year, after having maybe two i think last summer? but they became chronic this spring imo. i tried flucanazole which worked the first two times but then i was like i dont want to be dependent on this. i have been taking progest-e and probiotics (not as frequently as i should i guess). ive also done diluted raw acv soaked tampons which at first cleared up the yeast infection within a day but seem to be getting less effective. i live with my boyfriend but i dont think sex is the issue because i started having them before we got together in november and hes had to travel for months at a time, and i was struggling w this then too. one of my main suspicions besides or maybe causing the yeast overgrowth/inflammation in gut is my iud. i have the mirena which releases synthetic progestin. i got it in 2020 and had 0 problems with until this year. but ive read birth control can cause dyshidrosis as well after years of use. i honestly wish i could get it removed and start over but i know im fertile af and i would get pregnant so fast and i am too young for that rn lmao. this spring, i started noticing dyshidrotic eczema on the bottom of my foot. i had never heard of it before but it seems obvious to me that the issue is connected to the yeast infections through the gut. the eczema grew from a small spot on my left foot to a large portion of the soles on both feet, and a small bit on my left thumb and right index finger. it has finally been getting better with the topical use of pycnogenol 5% from the ordinary, but not 100% clear.
ive read about nystatin, pycnogenol oral, s. boulardii, coconut oil, oregano, chlorella, bitter melon, milk thistle, niacin, vitamin e, and flowers of sulfur helping solve yeast overgrowth. its a little overwhelming but i get that the base reason everything helps is because theyre anti inflammatory. i dont really have a peated diet, i am interested but i have disordered eating habits anyway. idk the whole thing stresses me out i know its like u need sugar but the right kind and less pufa and maybe i have a problem with gluten but it is also an overwhelming world to enter and i feel adverse to becoming obsessed w it all and have it consume my life and free time because thats a little od and id prefer not to become more obsessive over food than i am. in an ideal world i never have to think about it and still get to have a treat every day lmao. but i appreciate this forum for what its taught me so far. i guess i just want to know if anyone has experienced both yeast infections and dyshidrosis at once or something similar and figured out how to eat/supplement to reduce inflammation and stop the overgrowth i assume is happening in my gut. ok thanks lol

oh i guess also important to note i got pfizer in 2021 (against my will tbf) if that matters

Last edited:
hi, this is my first post so please be nice lol. ive done a lot of reading on the site already about both topics so i know theres a lot of posts already but just wanted to detail my own experience. i have been having recurring yeast infections all year, after having maybe two i think last summer? but they became chronic this spring imo. i tried flucanazole which worked the first two times but then i was like i dont want to be dependent on this. i have been taking progest-e and probiotics (not as frequently as i should i guess). ive also done diluted raw acv soaked tampons which at first cleared up the yeast infection within a day but seem to be getting less effective. i live with my boyfriend but i dont think sex is the issue because i started having them before we got together in november and hes had to travel for months at a time, and i was struggling w this then too. one of my main suspicions besides or maybe causing the yeast overgrowth/inflammation in gut is my iud. i have the mirena which releases synthetic progestin. i got it in 2020 and had 0 problems with until this year. but ive read birth control can cause dyshidrosis as well after years of use. i honestly wish i could get it removed and start over but i know im fertile af and i would get pregnant so fast and i am too young for that rn lmao. this spring, i started noticing dyshidrotic eczema on the bottom of my foot. i had never heard of it before but it seems obvious to me that the issue is connected to the yeast infections through the gut. the eczema grew from a small spot on my left foot to a large portion of the soles on both feet, and a small bit on my left thumb and right index finger. it has finally been getting better with the topical use of pycnogenol 5% from the ordinary, but not 100% clear.
ive read about nystatin, pycnogenol oral, s. boulardii, coconut oil, oregano, chlorella, bitter melon, milk thistle, niacin, vitamin e, and flowers of sulfur helping solve yeast overgrowth. its a little overwhelming but i get that the base reason everything helps is because theyre anti inflammatory. i dont really have a peated diet, i am interested but i have disordered eating habits anyway. idk the whole thing stresses me out i know its like u need sugar but the right kind and less pufa and maybe i have a problem with gluten but it is also an overwhelming world to enter and i feel adverse to becoming obsessed w it all and have it consume my life and free time because thats a little od and id prefer not to become more obsessive over food than i am. in an ideal world i never have to think about it and still get to have a treat every day lmao. but i appreciate this forum for what its taught me so far. i guess i just want to know if anyone has experienced both yeast infections and dyshidrosis at once or something similar and figured out how to eat/supplement to reduce inflammation and stop the overgrowth i assume is happening in my gut. ok thanks lol

oh i guess also important to note i got pfizer in 2021 (against my will tbf) if that matters
I can’t comment on what you are doing with the antibiotics and such, because I have not dealt with yeast infections, except for the time my young son had one. His came from taking antibiotics. His pediatrician misdiagnosed him, and prescribed steroid cream, which I didn’t use. I got a second opinion from my holistic chiropractor and she said thank goodness I didn’t give him that steroid cream, as it would have made things much worse. She had a hunch he had a yeast infection, which was a surprising diagnosis to me. She said that is would be stubborn to get rid of, and would take about a month to get it gone, but to give him acidophilus WITH BIFIDUS, and she was exactly right, and it cleared it up for good. He had been suffering with that for about a year. I would recommend staying out of hot baths and hot tubs until you clear this up and wear ONLY 100% cotton panties. I don’t doubt that you are passing your yeast back and forth between you and your boyfriend, perpetuating and prolonging the situation. It won’t manifest with him the same as woman. He will eventually feel it on his fingers and toes, and maybe his tongue. You should treat him too with the acidophilus w/BIFIDUS. If you want to expedite getting rid of this cut back on your grains and white sugar, but don’t cut it out totally, as yeast feeds on sugars, but if you cut it out totally, it will spread looking for it. My mother dealt with yeast under her breasts and inner thighs and wearing cotton and cutting out those grains and sugars was key. Her doctor just kept giving her creams for years until she told me what she had been dealing with. We got it gone for good. It really baffles me why doctors do not ask about someone’s diet. I guess that would just take up to much of their money making time and would not enable them to get all that bonus money with the needless prescriptions.

Peachy

I’m really sorry. I dealt with dyshidrotic eczema for years and it is very stressful. I almost went insane trying to figure out what to do through diet. What type of foods do you typically eat now, if you are ok with sharing? (No judgement)

Peachy

I’m really sorry. I dealt with dyshidrotic eczema for years and it is very stressful. I almost went insane trying to figure out what to do through diet. What type of foods do you typically eat now, if you are ok with sharing? (No judgement)

Actually, no need for you to share. I can share what helped me. The first time I cleared it by going gluten, dairy and sugar free for 6 weeks (doing it over, I’d have left in sugar). During this time I used a topical antibiotic until the eczema finally cycled out. In the very beginning I used an oral antibiotic too and possibly a steroid. It was very dangerously flared so I had to, while the elimination diet kicked in. Once the eczema cleared I was able to be less restrictive with eating. It was like I had to break the cycle.

The second time I cleared it by eating a nutrient dense peaty diet. It took longer (it was a milder case this time so I had the luxury) but felt like the healing was deeper.

Hormones were a big cause for me. Breastfeeding in particular set it off. (Actually this could’ve been a depletion issue, not hormonal.) I do think there’s a Candida link so I’d try out Oregano oil (Swanson brand is my fave) and S. Boulardii.

OP
G

girl01

I can’t comment on what you are doing with the antibiotics and such, because I have not dealt with yeast infections, except for the time my young son had one. His came from taking antibiotics. His pediatrician misdiagnosed him, and prescribed steroid cream, which I didn’t use. I got a second opinion from my holistic chiropractor and she said thank goodness I didn’t give him that steroid cream, as it would have made things much worse. She had a hunch he had a yeast infection, which was a surprising diagnosis to me. She said that is would be stubborn to get rid of, and would take about a month to get it gone, but to give him acidophilus WITH BIFIDUS, and she was exactly right, and it cleared it up for good. He had been suffering with that for about a year. I would recommend staying out of hot baths and hot tubs until you clear this up and wear ONLY 100% cotton panties. I don’t doubt that you are passing your yeast back and forth between you and your boyfriend, perpetuating and prolonging the situation. It won’t manifest with him the same as woman. He will eventually feel it on his fingers and toes, and maybe his tongue. You should treat him too with the acidophilus w/BIFIDUS. If you want to expedite getting rid of this cut back on your grains and white sugar, but don’t cut it out totally, as yeast feeds on sugars, but if you cut it out totally, it will spread looking for it. My mother dealt with yeast under her breasts and inner thighs and wearing cotton and cutting out those grains and sugars was key. Her doctor just kept giving her creams for years until she told me what she had been dealing with. We got it gone for good. It really baffles me why doctors do not ask about someone’s diet. I guess that would just take up to much of their money making time and would not enable them to get all that bonus money with the needless prescriptions.
Thank you for the recommendation! i know its so annoying about the doctors i haven't even been this whole time because i knew it would be pointless unless they were holistic lol

Thank you for the recommendation! i know its so annoying about the doctors i haven't even been this whole time because i knew it would be pointless unless they were holistic lol
Let us know what finally makes the difference. Posts like yours is really helpful to others.

OP
G

girl01

Actually, no need for you to share. I can share what helped me. The first time I cleared it by going gluten, dairy and sugar free for 6 weeks (doing it over, I’d have left in sugar). During this time I used a topical antibiotic until the eczema finally cycled out. In the very beginning I used an oral antibiotic too and possibly a steroid. It was very dangerously flared so I had to, while the elimination diet kicked in. Once the eczema cleared I was able to be less restrictive with eating. It was like I had to break the cycle.

The second time I cleared it by eating a nutrient dense peaty diet. It took longer (it was a milder case this time so I had the luxury) but felt like the healing was deeper.

Hormones were a big cause for me. Breastfeeding in particular set it off. (Actually this could’ve been a depletion issue, not hormonal.) I do think there’s a Candida link so I’d try out Oregano oil (Swanson brand is my fave) and S. Boulardii.
thank you for the recs, i was using a topical steroid at first which wasnt doing much but the topical pycnogenol has helped a lott. i def think im lacking nutrients and i need to cut down on gluten and white sugars. when you were eating nutrient dense peaty what did your daily diet consist of?

Peachy

thank you for the recs, i was using a topical steroid at first which wasnt doing much but the topical pycnogenol has helped a lott. i def think im lacking nutrients and i need to cut down on gluten and white sugars. when you were eating nutrient dense peaty what did your daily diet consist of?

First I tried to make it sustainable. Just very simple balanced meals.

-Potatoes, white rice, fruit and juice were my main carbs, some sourdough (4x/wk when I was working to clear eczema)

-I tried to hit at least 70-90g protein daily (if I remember correctly)

-Proteins were usually basic - chicken, ground beef, eggs, breakfast meat, dairy, powdered collagen

-Occasionally I added in things like homemade chicken drumstick broth or oxtail broth, shrimp, mussels

-I tried getting liver (pate) and oysters (canned) in weekly. I’d look at capsules if you don’t like these things

-I ate chips fried in olive or avocado oil, gum-free ice cream

-My body told me to pause on some things - lots of greens (I did still eat side salads), brown rice noodles, beans, nuts, coconut

-I often ate a carrot salad but a raw carrot works fine (or other fiber)

If I were to boil it down to three tips.

1. Balanced meals plus snacks
2. Oysters (zinc is very important for skin and gut lining)
3. Enough protein

OP
G

girl01

First I tried to make it sustainable. Just very simple balanced meals.

-Potatoes, white rice, fruit and juice were my main carbs, some sourdough (4x/wk when I was working to clear eczema)

-I tried to hit at least 70-90g protein daily (if I remember correctly)

-Proteins were usually basic - chicken, ground beef, eggs, breakfast meat, dairy, powdered collagen

-Occasionally I added in things like homemade chicken drumstick broth or oxtail broth, shrimp, mussels

-I tried getting liver (pate) and oysters (canned) in weekly. I’d look at capsules if you don’t like these things

-I ate chips fried in olive or avocado oil, gum-free ice cream

-My body told me to pause on some things - lots of greens (I did still eat side salads), brown rice noodles, beans, nuts, coconut

-I often ate a carrot salad but a raw carrot works fine (or other fiber)

If I were to boil it down to three tips.

1. Balanced meals plus snacks
2. Oysters (zinc is very important for skin and gut lining)
3. Enough protein
tysm!

I've tried everything as well, I have been a dermatiter since 2019 when I joined the French army. I think I had a stress overload in my first weeks of training. Started with an itchy skin in the groins, soon I had it in my butt, left foot and left hand and nothing seems to help. Tried fasting for days, tried Vitamin D overdose, retinol overdose, every ointment you can think, olive oil, coconut oil, anti-fungals, vinegar, etc etc... I wonder what happens, why nothing seems to help and what does really cause these symptoms since I have seen so many people with the same inflamed areas as mine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals