SIBO: The Garlic Cure - Experiences?

Prosper

I was skimming through a bunch of threads about SIBO, IBS & candida on this forum, when someone suggested doing the garlic protocol from a site called Gutcritters. I thought I'd made a separate thread for this, since this seems like an interesting approach. Here is the basic plot:

So what follows is my experience using raw-organic garlic to treat my IBS and what I believe was SIBO and yeast overgrowth.

I had read that imported garlic was irradiated by the USDA at the border. Unfortunately, irradiation kills the enzyme allinase and it’s this enzyme that is responsible for forming the active ingredient allicin when a clove of garlic is crushed or chopped. So I was careful to use only organic garlic that I sourced from a local health-food store or farmer’s market.

I used a garlic press to crush one to two cloves into a glass, added fizzy water to make the garlic bits float to the top and waited a minimum of 15 minutes before drinking to allow the allicin time to form.

I soon learned it was best to take this garlic “juice” on a full stomach or risk nausea. I did this after each meal, including breakfast, if you can imagine, for about seven days. So what happened?

Well, at first I felt a lot of stomach discomfort and rumbling. Then the need to go to the bathroom became overwhelming. It was not unusual to experience cramping as well. And what showed up in the toilet was like nothing I had ever seen before or since. I can only describe it as fudge-like in consistency with a very reddish-brown hue. I’ll leave it at that.

This went on for several days until my stools returned to normal. By then all of my IBS symptoms disappeared. I was shocked to say the least as nothing else had worked until then. What the garlic killed is still a mystery to me. Was it bacterial or fungal or both? I don’t know or really care. I was just happy it, whatever “it” was, was finally gone. I have not seen a doctor for anything other than a physical in the last two years.
https://www.gutcritters.com/small-i...growth-part-eight-treatment-options-for-sibo/

Here is also another article from the site going in depth about garlic: https://www.gutcritters.com/why-raw-garlic-may-be-your-guts-best-friend/

Has anyone tried this? I have been suffering from minor symptoms of yeast excess for years (eczema, sugar makes tongue white) and it would be convenient if something as natural and cheap as this could fix the issue. I just took my first "dose" of locally grown raw garlic. I will be reporting my experience later in this thread.

Frankdee20

Let me know if you get any mental effects from consuming Garlic. It is a brain hemisphere de synchronizer.

Frankdee20

Go on friend.

I’m just speaking from my experience, nothing is absolute truth. The sulphone hydroxyl compounds in garlic definitely permeate the blood brain barrier. It caused awful mental effects for me. Eventually I came across some information as to why that was happening. The psychic desynchronization was purported to be seen in EEG’s, and subjects appeared clinically “dead” on the graphs. Some degree of brain slowing can occur after consumption. I don’t think it’s “die off” from bacteria either. I just think it’s nasty stuff, and some cultures view it as a poison. I know it’s frowned upon in Ayurveda, and some Eastern Religions view it as able to lower spiritual vibrations.

OP
Prosper

Prosper

I’m just speaking from my experience, nothing is absolute truth. The sulphone hydroxyl compounds in garlic definitely permeate the blood brain barrier. It caused awful mental effects for me. Eventually I came across some information as to why that was happening. The psychic desynchronization was purported to be seen in EEG’s, and subjects appeared clinically “dead” on the graphs. Some degree of brain slowing can occur after consumption. I don’t think it’s “die off” from bacteria either. I just think it’s nasty stuff, and some cultures view it as a poison. I know it’s frowned upon in Ayurveda, and some Eastern Religions view it as able to lower spiritual vibrations.
Interesting, what kind of mental effects were these?

burtlancast

Next we're going to hear garlic on a raw wound will kill you, lol.

I love Bob Beck, but he obviously had a brain fart when he made those comments about garlic.

Garlic is an amazing plant: it can reverse AIDS, kill glioblastoma cancer cells in your brain and wipe any cold in a matter of hours.

If i had SIBO i would certainly try it.

vulture

I was skimming through a bunch of threads about SIBO, IBS & candida on this forum, when someone suggested doing the garlic protocol from a site called Gutcritters. I thought I'd made a separate thread for this, since this seems like an interesting approach. Here is the basic plot:

https://www.gutcritters.com/small-i...growth-part-eight-treatment-options-for-sibo/

Here is also another article from the site going in depth about garlic: https://www.gutcritters.com/why-raw-garlic-may-be-your-guts-best-friend/

Has anyone tried this? I have been suffering from minor symptoms of yeast excess for years (eczema, sugar makes tongue white) and it would be convenient if something as natural and cheap as this could fix the issue. I just took my first "dose" of locally grown raw garlic. I will be reporting my experience later in this thread.
Years ago I was diagnosed with "IBS"-D, in my desperation I tried EOD garlic tea enema. about 3 cloves in half to a liter of water, I can't recall exactly. After 5 enemas I had no more ediarrhea.

What happend? I have no idea. It just seemed to work. Original thread I found was also stating that the person used yogurt enema to "repopulate" the gut. I didn't trust to put yogurt with unknown bacterians in my anus...

smith

Let me know if you get any mental effects from consuming Garlic. It is a brain hemisphere de synchronizer.
What might be some brain hemisphere re-synchronizers?

I'm glad garlic exists. A couple raw cloves in my guacamole was enough to pass some unwelcome occupants which I didn't even know were literally hanging around. It's a cheap, abundant, and easily accessible antibiotic. I would sacrifice smelling a bit repulsive and offending the noses of some morning meditation attendants for protecting my mind and body from the living dead, any day.

I haven't noticed any mental effects and I'm normally quite vigilant but I'll be paying attention.
Next we're going to hear garlic on a raw wound will kill you
Everything good kills! Don't trust anything except comforting lies! Live in fear! Here, now that I've used sophisticated new-age spiritual belief systems to convince you to deprive yourself of something that actually benefits your life, buy my more expensive, safer supplement instead:

Last edited:

vulture

What might be some brain hemisphere re-synchronizers?

I'm glad garlic exists. A couple raw cloves in my guacamole was enough to pass some unwelcome occupants which I didn't even know were literally hanging around. It's a cheap, abundant, and easily accessible antibiotic. I would sacrifice smelling a bit repulsive and offending the noses of some morning meditation attendants for protecting my mind and body from the living dead, any day.

I haven't noticed any mental effects and I'm normally quite vigilant but I'll be paying attention.

Everything good kills! Don't trust anything except comforting lies! Live in fear! Here, now that I've used sophisticated new-age spiritual belief systems to convince you to deprive yourself of something that actually benefits your life, buy my more expensive, safer supplement instead:
I think you forgot a link or phone to buy your supplement... =) hahaha

smith

I think you forgot a link or phone to buy your supplement... =) hahaha
I skipped town with the profits and removed any incriminating evidence. The company name was previously, InCahootsWithBigPharma4U. Had a nice ring to it at first, but looking back, I think it was a bit much.

Last edited:
D

danishispsychic

I have done a lot of raw garlic- In the short terms it really lifts my mood. After I had metal filings out of my mouth- I ate a lot of it paired with Dominos GF Pacific Veggies. If you have Ascaris roundworm and don't know it- as a lot of people do... raw garlic will enlighten you to the horrors of that and let you know if you do or not. If you are taking garlic ( raw ) for any intestinal bacteria- just from my personal experimentation, you must pulse dose. It lowered my already low blood pressure too much and caused heart palps at night. It is a blood thinner I think.

T

tca300

One of the issues with antibacterial substances, is that some things that are toxic to bacteria ( garlic, antibiotics, etc ) are also toxic to our cells, so being careful as to how much is used is important.

Am J Vet Res. 2000 Nov;61(11):1446-50.
Hematologic changes associated with the appearance of eccentrocytes after
intragastric administration of garlic extract to dogs.
Lee KW(1), Yamato O, Tajima M, Kuraoka M, Omae S, Maede Y.
(1)Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary
Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan.
OBJECTIVE: To determine whether dogs given garlic extract developed hemolytic
anemia and to establish the hematologic characteristics induced experimentally by
intragastric administration of garlic extract.
ANIMALS: 8 healthy adult mixed-breed dogs.
PROCEDURE: 4 dogs were given 1.25 ml of garlic extract/kg of body weight (5 g of
whole garlic/kg) intragastrically once a day for 7 days. The remaining 4 control
dogs received water instead of garlic extract. Complete blood counts were
performed, and methemoglobin and erythrocyte-reduced glutathione concentrations,
percentage of erythrocytes with Heinz bodies, and percentage of eccentrocytes
were determined before and for 30 days after administration of the first dose of
garlic extract. Ultrastructural analysis of eccentrocytes was performed.
RESULTS: Compared with initial values, erythrocyte count, Hct, and hemoglobin
concentration decreased to a minimum value on days 9 to 11 in dogs given garlic
extract. Heinz body formation, an increase in erythrocyte-reduced glutathione
concentration, and eccentrocytes were also detected in these dogs. However, no
dog developed hemolytic anemia.
CONCLUSIONS AND CLINICAL RELEVANCE: The constituents of garlic have the potential
to oxidize erythrocyte membranes and hemoglobin, inducing hemolysis associated
with the appearance of eccentrocytes in dogs. Thus, foods containing garlic
should not be fed to dogs. Eccentrocytosis appears to be a major diagnostic
feature of garlic-induced hemolysis in dogs.

Acta Physiol Hung. 2007 Sep;94(3):261-6.
The genotoxicity study of garlic and pasipy herbal drops by peripheral blood
micronucleus test.
Kalantari H(1), Larki A, Latifi SM.
(1)School of Pharmacy, Ahwaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahwaz,
Iran. [email protected]
The in vivo rodent micronucleus test is widely used as a genotoxic assay to
detect the clastogenic activity of chemicals. In this research the genotoxic
effects of herbal drops of garlic and pasipy were evaluated using the
micronucleus test. Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) was determined by a dose-response
test. For each medicine three treatment groups were considered with doses of MTD,
1/2 MTD and 1/4 MTD according to the CSGMT protocol (1995 Japan). Drugs were
administered orally to mice (test groups). Mitomicin C was used as a known
genotoxic agent in positive control group. The peripheral blood samples before
treatment (zero time samples) were considered as negative control. The appearance
of a micronucleus is used as an index for genotoxic potential. The results
obtained indicated that the herbal drops showed genotoxicity effect and it was
dose-dependent compared to the negative control group. This genotoxicity was
significant (p < 0.05) but the genotoxic effects of garlic and pasipy were "not
significant" compared to the historical negative control group (p > 0.05).
Therefore our results if compared to the negative control group is significant
and it is worthy of consideration.

Frankdee20

One of the issues with antibacterial substances, is that some things that are toxic to bacteria ( garlic, antibiotics, etc ) are also toxic to our cells, so being careful as to how much is used is important.

Am J Vet Res. 2000 Nov;61(11):1446-50.
Hematologic changes associated with the appearance of eccentrocytes after
intragastric administration of garlic extract to dogs.
Lee KW(1), Yamato O, Tajima M, Kuraoka M, Omae S, Maede Y.
(1)Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary
Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan.
OBJECTIVE: To determine whether dogs given garlic extract developed hemolytic
anemia and to establish the hematologic characteristics induced experimentally by
intragastric administration of garlic extract.
ANIMALS: 8 healthy adult mixed-breed dogs.
PROCEDURE: 4 dogs were given 1.25 ml of garlic extract/kg of body weight (5 g of
whole garlic/kg) intragastrically once a day for 7 days. The remaining 4 control
dogs received water instead of garlic extract. Complete blood counts were
performed, and methemoglobin and erythrocyte-reduced glutathione concentrations,
percentage of erythrocytes with Heinz bodies, and percentage of eccentrocytes
were determined before and for 30 days after administration of the first dose of
garlic extract. Ultrastructural analysis of eccentrocytes was performed.
RESULTS: Compared with initial values, erythrocyte count, Hct, and hemoglobin
concentration decreased to a minimum value on days 9 to 11 in dogs given garlic
extract. Heinz body formation, an increase in erythrocyte-reduced glutathione
concentration, and eccentrocytes were also detected in these dogs. However, no
dog developed hemolytic anemia.
CONCLUSIONS AND CLINICAL RELEVANCE: The constituents of garlic have the potential
to oxidize erythrocyte membranes and hemoglobin, inducing hemolysis associated
with the appearance of eccentrocytes in dogs. Thus, foods containing garlic
should not be fed to dogs. Eccentrocytosis appears to be a major diagnostic
feature of garlic-induced hemolysis in dogs.

Acta Physiol Hung. 2007 Sep;94(3):261-6.
The genotoxicity study of garlic and pasipy herbal drops by peripheral blood
micronucleus test.
Kalantari H(1), Larki A, Latifi SM.
(1)School of Pharmacy, Ahwaz Jundishapur University of Medical Sciences, Ahwaz,
Iran. [email protected]
The in vivo rodent micronucleus test is widely used as a genotoxic assay to
detect the clastogenic activity of chemicals. In this research the genotoxic
effects of herbal drops of garlic and pasipy were evaluated using the
micronucleus test. Maximum Tolerated Dose (MTD) was determined by a dose-response
test. For each medicine three treatment groups were considered with doses of MTD,
1/2 MTD and 1/4 MTD according to the CSGMT protocol (1995 Japan). Drugs were
administered orally to mice (test groups). Mitomicin C was used as a known
genotoxic agent in positive control group. The peripheral blood samples before
treatment (zero time samples) were considered as negative control. The appearance
of a micronucleus is used as an index for genotoxic potential. The results
obtained indicated that the herbal drops showed genotoxicity effect and it was
dose-dependent compared to the negative control group. This genotoxicity was
significant (p < 0.05) but the genotoxic effects of garlic and pasipy were "not
significant" compared to the historical negative control group (p > 0.05).
Therefore our results if compared to the negative control group is significant
and it is worthy of consideration.

Well, this was Beck’s point, the garlic compounds do cross into the brain, and can kill cells there. I don’t know, I avoid it, messes me up. Ironically, onions do not.

smith

I see, some more "not significant" and "potentially..." studies that don't actually confirm whether or not garlic is toxic. I just wasted my time reading a bunch of nothing.

Actually, I take that back, you may be right, garlic is toxic...

Toxic effect of garlic extract and garlic oil in rats
Garlic oil feeding (10 mg/100 g body wt, intragastrically) after 24 hr fasting was found lethal. However, similar feeding of garlic oil was well tolerated by rats in the (((fed state))). Also, 24 hr fasted rats could tolerate this dose of garlic oil, provided they were previously adapted to garlic oil feeding.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...fect_of_garlic_extract_and_garlic_oil_in_rats

Just kidding.
In a real-life situation and natural setting, it's probably not that much, as with most things.
Meanwhile, just about everything is toxic in a scientific BDSM experimentation scene where food deprivation, isolation from nature, and treating food and living beings as interchangeable parts of a machine are involved.

Would you deprive yourself of food, gorge yourself on nothing but garlic, and expect only positive results? How about cheese? It's a peaty food. Would you not inflict any harm on yourself by eating cheese and water for a week?

Studies tend to be like that, because they're conducted on beings that have no say in the matter. Though I'm open to reading some studies from masochists, rather than sadists, for once.

Anyway @Frankdee20 depending on the size, I'm going to consume at least 8, maybe 10 0r 12 cloves of raw garlic tonight with my mexican rice (in a (((fed state)))) and let you know if I feel anything different, mentally that is, because this does seriously interest me. I don't doubt what you're saying. Hopefully I didn't offend either of you.

Last edited:

vulture

I see, some more "not significant" and "potentially..." studies that don't actually confirm whether or not garlic is toxic. I just wasted my time reading a bunch of nothing.

Garlic oil feeding (10 mg/100 g body wt, intragastrically) after 24 hr fasting was found lethal. However, similar feeding of garlic oil was well tolerated by rats in the (((fed state))). Also, 24 hr fasted rats could tolerate this dose of garlic oil, provided they were previously adapted to garlic oil feeding.
https://www.researchgate.net/public...fect_of_garlic_extract_and_garlic_oil_in_rats

Just kidding.
In a real-life situation and natural setting, it's probably not that much, as with most things.
Meanwhile, just about everything is toxic in a scientific BDSM experimentation scene where food deprivation, isolation from nature, and treating food and living beings as interchangeable parts of a machine are involved.

Would you deprive yourself of food, gorge yourself on nothing but garlic, and expect only positive results? How about cheese? It's a peaty food. Would you not inflict any harm on yourself by eating cheese and water for a week?

Studies tend to be like that, because they're conducted on beings that have no say in the matter. Though I'm open to reading some studies from masochists, rather than sadists, for once.

Anyway @Frankdee20 depending on the size, I'm going to consume at least 8, maybe 10 0r 12 cloves of raw garlic tonight with my mexican rice (in a (((fed state)))) and let you know if I feel anything different, mentally that is, because this does seriously interest me. I don't doubt what you're saying. Hopefully I didn't offend either of you.
Toasted bread + butter fried garlic + cilantro or parsley. Delicious. Good way to make an experiment.

sunraiser

Raw garlic initially cured my depression (just one large clove a day with a nut - it burns the ***t out of my mouth otherwise! ) but after a few days I started to feel agitated and paranoid.

It also cured my early awakening. It definitely ***** with me - I had guessed it was straining my kidneys somehow but I'm unsure. Continued use would have lead to me breaking up with my girlfriend probably - genuinely odd psychological effects. I felt better physiologically but mind ****88.

It absolutely works for colds, for me though.

Candida uses up taurine and is only going to thrive in a weak immune system and low stomach acid environment.
My current approach is to use taurine to help magnesium into the cell and recover immune function through diet and exercise.

Restoration of fat soluble and intracellular magnesium (which wiol eventually allow calcium levels to restore) should allow the body to find its own equilibrium. Seems to be the way long term successful people have done it.

I think the manual killing approach may not be the best. The overgrowth is partly helping with undigested food and unbound copper/iron. I have seen people have luck with it though. If you use garlic I would definitely not use it every day.

Note: In times I've had good magnesium status full torso sun has been the most effective thing. I think sun is necessary to be able to stop using taurine, though maybe not.

The **** portion control guy could stop taurine after sun for 7 days or so.

sunraiser

Just kidding.

That is an absolutely massive dose... Be careful!

Frankdee20

I always believe if something works for you, kudos ! Good luck with the Garlic lol

Frankdee20

Next we're going to hear garlic on a raw wound will kill you, lol.

I love Bob Beck, but he obviously had a brain fart when he made those comments about garlic.

Garlic is an amazing plant: it can reverse AIDS, kill glioblastoma cancer cells in your brain and wipe any cold in a matter of hours.

If i had SIBO i would certainly try it.

I’m not debating that it can, let’s just ask then, if it can kill those cells, how do we really know it stops short and has selectivity ? How do we know it doesn’t discriminate ?

burtlancast

I’m not debating that it can, let’s just ask then, if it can kill those cells, how do we really know it stops short and has selectivity ? How do we know it doesn’t discriminate ?

Well, have you ever seen someone crunch on a whole garlic bulb in under a minute?
I did.

He was fine after that, thank you.