Dyshidrotic Eczema

Inaut

hey everybody,

so I've been dealing with dyshidrotic eczema on my hands for a little while now and was wondering if anybody has any recommendations. My diet is pretty peaty and supplements are peaty as well. Any suggestions for topical creams or solutions? Ive been using white vinegar soaks, glycerin and whatever cream i have on hand when it flares up. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Jason

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Have you looked into red light therapy?

OP
Inaut

Inaut

i have used infrared cctv lights and a redlight (660nm). I definitely feel more bloodflow after application but it doesnt seem to help the inflammation long term....

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
i have used infrared cctv lights and a redlight (660nm). I definitely feel more bloodflow after application but it doesnt seem to help the inflammation long term....
Have you checked your vitamin D level?

OP
Inaut

Inaut

not lately. i take about 4000IU daily with my k2 though... sorry for the limited information.

tara

Could it be allergic reaction to something? Had a go at trying to identify any particular triggers? Have you tried any anti-histamine tactics?

Have you run your diet through cronometer to get a rough check on whether you are covering all the nutrients reasonably generously? (Ignore their restrictive/low calorie advice.)

(I had a different kind of eczema, and for me it cleared up when I got just a little more zinc.)

OP
Inaut

Inaut

thanks for the response tara

i have tried antihistamines in the past(including cypro) and they didn't help much for the eczema...I suspect partial allergy/endotoxin/liver issues but things seem to be getting better in the gut department. I'll try to add in more zinc though as I think im getting a lot copper these days from chocolate and stuff...

are you getting zinc from food sources or are you using supplemental forms. i know ray doesnt like long term use of zinc supplements but i have some zinc citrate ill try adding in to the routine.

tara

I suspect partial allergy/endotoxin/liver issues but things seem to be getting better in the gut department.
Consider skin contact too - eg washing powder residue, or something else you touch regularly?
(Personally, my food intolerance issues don't show up in obvious gut symptoms. )
are you getting zinc from food sources or are you using supplemental forms. i know ray doesnt like long term use of zinc supplements but i have some zinc citrate ill try adding in to the routine.
If I could afford and source them, it I'd love to be eating a dozen fresh oysters a week. But I usually can't. I eat a bit of beef and lamb regularly, but that was not enough. 20mg x 1/week of zinc in supplement form was enough to resolve the rash I had. I've been using picolinate, but there are threads on different forms, and someone (maybe Amazoniac?) found studies that raised doubts about that form, so I don't know that it's the ideal. I read Peat's reservations, and I'd prefer to be using food, but I figure not having it every day, but often enough to stop the symptoms, is a reasonable compromise with what I can manage ATM.

BrianF

I have an eczema type issue with mt hands. Dairy, especially butter, sets me off. Do you have pics?

Nokoni

Might try urea. Dissolve a couple teaspoons in about 6 ounces of water and apply with a spray bottle. I get considerable relief from my eczema-like skin condition.

teds

Forum Supporter
I have dishydrotic eczema. B6 tends to help. Oysters and liver for sure. I’ll be been using a Chinese herb mix lately which deals with ‘heat’ and ‘wind’ and that’s really helping but I’m not sure if that’s just specific to what is happening for me or for the eczema.
Mine gets worse w gluten, figs, uncooked tomatoes etc.
Some people are suggesting that it’s a contact dermatitis problem but frommmu experience it's very much an internal problem manifesting externally- if it was the detergent for example, it wouldn’t be just on the hands etc.

tara

Some people are suggesting that it’s a contact dermatitis problem but frommmu experience it's very much an internal problem manifesting externally- if it was the detergent for example, it wouldn’t be just on the hands etc.
That was my suggestion, and it was just an idea - I expect you are right that it is mostly an internal systemic issue expressing itself.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

I went out and bought a cream containing 10% urea this weekend to test out. Seems to be working ok so far. Will update near the end of the week. Hopefully my hands are a lot better and then I can focus on the internal triggers(which I'm currently doing)

OP
Inaut

Inaut

so just an update....i've continued using Eucerin 10% urea cream and am noticing a significant improvement on my hands. Might just buy some bulk urea like your recommended Don for a cheaper alternative after I run out of cream. Now I need to figure out my histamine trigger.....but i love chocolate so much :(

Nokoni

so just an update....i've continued using Eucerin 10% urea cream and am noticing a significant improvement on my hands. Might just buy some bulk urea like your recommended Don for a cheaper alternative after I run out of cream. Now I need to figure out my histamine trigger.....but i love chocolate so much :(
I'm actually not surprised because the stuff is amazing. I've got a ghastly skin condition called Red Skin Syndrome (google for scary pics) and have gotten tremendous relief and improvement. Started spraying it on my various tendons and what I'd thought was arthritis here and there has either improved significantly or disappeared altogether. Peat says old people tendons look like they've been cooked, so maybe mine are getting less leathery. Even experimenting with nebulizing it now. Peat says a baby is born basically pickled in the stuff so there may be no upper bound to the beneficial dose. Pretty cool.

OP
Inaut

Inaut

Where do you purchase the urea from Don?

Vinero

I'm actually not surprised because the stuff is amazing. I've got a ghastly skin condition called Red Skin Syndrome (google for scary pics) and have gotten tremendous relief and improvement. Started spraying it on my various tendons and what I'd thought was arthritis here and there has either improved significantly or disappeared altogether. Peat says old people tendons look like they've been cooked, so maybe mine are getting less leathery. Even experimenting with nebulizing it now. Peat says a baby is born basically pickled in the stuff so there may be no upper bound to the beneficial dose. Pretty cool.
I have had red skin syndrome too. I was given a cortisone cream back in 2012 for a dry skin rash I was experiencing in the winter. My skin became addicted to it and when I quit my whole body broke out in eczema.
Took a while to recover from that, but now I'm fine. Progesterone and methylene blue worked to decrease redness and inflammation, by reducing nitric oxide. Red skin syndrome is caused by overproduction of nitric oxide in the skin.

Nokoni

Nokoni

I have had red skin syndrome too. I was given a cortisone cream back in 2012 for a dry skin rash I was experiencing in the winter. My skin became addicted to it and when I quit my whole body broke out in eczema.
Took a while to recover from that, but now I'm fine. Progesterone and methylene blue worked to decrease redness and inflammation, by reducing nitric oxide. Red skin syndrome is caused by overproduction of nitric oxide in the skin.
I used the poison for decades. Been withdrawing for 5 years. Wish I'd known about urea 5 years ago.

AnnieOmiss

hey everybody,

so I've been dealing with dyshidrotic eczema on my hands for a little while now and was wondering if anybody has any recommendations. My diet is pretty peaty and supplements are peaty as well. Any suggestions for topical creams or solutions? Ive been using white vinegar soaks, glycerin and whatever cream i have on hand when it flares up. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

thanks,
Jason

I have suffered for two decades with dishydrotic eczema myself, so I know how miserable it can be. In fact, my case was so terrible I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I understand the frustration of wanting to know about ANYTHING that will help so here is what has worked for me, when NOTHING else has worked, and trust me, I've tried it ALL. So I know this may sound crazy, but I swear on all I hold dear, that IT WORKS!!! I discovered it while I was taking a severe course of combination antibiotics and I broke out in this weird itchy rash on my hands where the skin came sloughing off. My roommate told me it was a yeast infection on my hands and to use MICONAZOLE NITRATE 2% on my hands. (It's the cream used on "lady parts" to treat yeast infections. Aka "Monistat 7.") The itch from my dishydrotic eczema was also driving me insane, so I put some on there as well. I swear it to you, it help started to CLEAR IT UP!! It instantly takes the crazy itch away, and it calms the irritation and redness. It clears up the plaques and the new red blisters. I apply it whenever I feel it itching, and it is starting to clear it up in full. I went to the store and bought a generic tube for $5.00. Honestly, it is the BEST thing I can recommend for it!! I haven't had to change my diet, or do anything different. Seriously, just give it a try and let me know if it also works for you. I swear, I feel like I've found the cure! Best Wishes!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals