SIBO: The Garlic Cure - Experiences?

RMJ

@Prosper: I have this white tongue too and I will try the garlic an see if it helps

and there is another symptome: every time I sleep for a short duration (10-30 minuits) and wake up the back of my tongue just burns

did u experienced this too?

T

tca300

I think it's well known to dog experts that garlic is poisonous to dogs. As is chocolate. Lots of dog lovers eat garlic and chocolate; they just don't share.

Just to be clear, what you quoted was from the study, not my personal thoughts, and the studies were from Ray Peat, when asked about garlics safety.

Amazigh

I used a high potency Allicin, which I had used successfully a few months ago to cut a cold short, but did not impact my SIBO (at least, not that I could tell). I ended up taking low dose (100 mg) tetracycline for a week and I was actually able to have milk a few days later, without feeling like I was being stabbed in the stomach, for the first time in a year.

walker_in_aus

I did the gut critters raw garlic twice a day juiced into filtered water for about 5 days. It cured the burning stabbing pain in my stomach that I got everytime I ate. Have had positive tests for h.pylori previously and decided they were still kicking around a few years after my first attempt to kill them off. My GP wouldn't retest for them despite them being found in my stomach previously, and wouldn't give me antibiotics either. So I decided to try the garlic, and the ulcer/glass shards in stomach pain stopped.

Considering doing this again soon but recently had surgery and it's knocked my temps down. I can't imagine trying to kill off SIBO critters whilst barely hitting 36 degrees.

OP
Prosper

Prosper

I can't imagine trying to kill off SIBO critters whilst barely hitting 36 degrees.
Hmm. My waking temps are 35.5-36.0, nothing seems to nudge that higher. I have now taken garlic for three days thrice a day with nothing to show for it. Perhaps that is why.

@RMJ No that doesn't sound familiar.

tara

Just to be clear, what you quoted was from the study, not my personal thoughts, and the studies were from Ray Peat, when asked about garlics safety.
True. But it does seem to have particularly toxic effects on dogs.

burtlancast

Motif

My tongue was yellow over many years.
It's gone since 2015, and I really think mms (CDL to be more specific ) or hydrogen peroxide did that for me.

Would probably never take it again, but it did something for me .
But my histamine issues are still the same

sunraiser

I would add that all the people who've permanently resolved their white tongue seem to have done it via resolving their metabolic issues.

Varied non dogmatic diet and taurine appear to be consistent factors. Usually exercise that's tolerable, too.

Imo it's just a sign of poor liver health which results in undigested food which allows bacterial overgrowth (they digest the rest, at a cost!).

While I don't agree with his intervention based and dietary conclusions, I personally feel Andreas Moritz has the most robust understanding of liver health and bacterial overgrowth in general.
I found his point of view enlightening in this particular regard.

Motif

I really think my Liver could be the root, but I can't tolerate taurine unfortunately

I have done a lot of raw garlic- In the short terms it really lifts my mood. After I had metal filings out of my mouth- I ate a lot of it paired with Dominos GF Pacific Veggies. If you have Ascaris roundworm and don't know it- as a lot of people do... raw garlic will enlighten you to the horrors of that and let you know if you do or not. If you are taking garlic ( raw ) for any intestinal bacteria- just from my personal experimentation, you must pulse dose. It lowered my already low blood pressure too much and caused heart palps at night. It is a blood thinner I think.

What are the signs of roundworm which garlic reveals?

Samurai Drive

I was skimming through a bunch of threads about SIBO, IBS & candida on this forum, when someone suggested doing the garlic protocol from a site called Gutcritters. I thought I'd made a separate thread for this, since this seems like an interesting approach. Here is the basic plot:

Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth, Part Eight: Treatment Options For SIBO

Here is also another article from the site going in depth about garlic: Why Raw Garlic May Be Your Gut's Best Friend

Has anyone tried this? I have been suffering from minor symptoms of yeast excess for years (eczema, sugar makes tongue white) and it would be convenient if something as natural and cheap as this could fix the issue. I just took my first "dose" of locally grown raw garlic. I will be reporting my experience later in this thread.

Did u try garlic??

Peatogenic

All this content comes from the vendors of KYOLIC, an aged garlic extract developped in Japan. The same country Mr Yukihiro Kodera originates from.

Mr Kodera concluded in his 1997 article that " allicin is not biologically active inside of the body...".

The actual complete sentence reads: "...and the release of allicin from garlic preparation containing alliin and alliinase is very questionable, as alliinase is inactivated under digestive conditions."

The truth is these people are commercializing a product totally void of allicin, and in order to successfully sell their product, they're going to fund research to enable them to selectively pick and advertise the claim allicin has no known recognized health effects.

From their website:

Their statement "Allicin has not been conclusively proven to be responsible for garlic’s known health benefits" is contrary to facts.

Preventing the common cold with a garlic supplement: a double-blind, placebo-controlled survey. - PubMed - NCBI

" Among the viruses sensitive to garlic extracts are the human cytomegalovirus, human rhinovirus type 2, herpes simplex types 1 and 2, and influenza B. Evidence points toward allicin and its condensation product ajoene as the main components in garlic responsible for this antiviral activity.

Increasing evidence has shown that certain forms of supplement may have significant beneficial properties, provided that the universally recognized active constituent (allicin) is made available to the body.

Recently, an allicin-containing supplement (Allimax® Liquid and Capsules*) has demonstrated efficacy against herpes simplex type 1 and molluscum contagiosum infections.5

This 2001 survey was designed to determine whether a unique garlic supplement that contains only stabilized allicin could prevent colds in healthy volunteers.

The supplement chosen for study is the only product that claims to contain allicin as a starting material.

One hundred forty-six volunteers were randomized to receive a placebo or an
allicin-containing garlic supplement, one capsule daily, over a 12-week period
between November and February. They used a five-point scale to assess their
health and recorded any common cold infections and symptoms in a daily diary. The active-treatment group had significantly fewer colds than the placebo group (24 vs 65, P<.001). The placebo group, in contrast, recorded significantly more days challenged virally (366 vs 111, P<.005) and a significantly longer duration of symptoms (5.01 vs 1.52 days, P<.001). Consequently, volunteers in the active group were less likely to get a cold and recovered faster if infected. Volunteers taking placebo were much more likely to get more than one cold over the treatment period. An allicin-containing supplement can prevent attack by the common cold virus."

Do you think taking Allimax, (or Allicin-C that someone recommended) is a viable alternative to the careful prep of raw garlic?

burtlancast

Do you think taking Allimax, (or Allicin-C that someone recommended) is a viable alternative to the careful prep of raw garlic?

Because i never tried the product, i cannot tell.

I guess it should be alright, although it's a purified extract and not the whole thing, which is always better in my opinion.

And it's dirt cheap too.

Nokoni

Anything wrong with the old salad dressing? A bit of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, crushed garlic, salt, whatever other herbs - goes well with carrot salad or fresh tomatoes and cucumber etc.
Good call Tara. When I added shredded carrot, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt to the crushed garlic it went from nearly emetic to actually pretty good. Thanks.

GreekDemiGod

Just started this protocol today. Took 4 big cloves, crushed them and left the enzymes to form.
Taking it all was hard. It took me almost 10 minutes. Got hit with a stomach pain. But I can feel this is powerful stuff.

oxphoser

All this content comes from the vendors of KYOLIC, an aged garlic extract developped in Japan. The same country Mr Yukihiro Kodera originates from.

Mr Kodera concluded in his 1997 article that " allicin is not biologically active inside of the body...".

The actual complete sentence reads: "...and the release of allicin from garlic preparation containing alliin and alliinase is very questionable, as alliinase is inactivated under digestive conditions."

The truth is these people are commercializing a product totally void of allicin, and in order to successfully sell their product, they're going to fund research to enable them to selectively pick and advertise the claim allicin has no known recognized health effects.

From their website:

Their statement "Allicin has not been conclusively proven to be responsible for garlic’s known health benefits" is contrary to facts.

Preventing the common cold with a garlic supplement: a double-blind, placebo-controlled survey. - PubMed - NCBI

" Among the viruses sensitive to garlic extracts are the human cytomegalovirus, human rhinovirus type 2, herpes simplex types 1 and 2, and influenza B. Evidence points toward allicin and its condensation product ajoene as the main components in garlic responsible for this antiviral activity.

Increasing evidence has shown that certain forms of supplement may have significant beneficial properties, provided that the universally recognized active constituent (allicin) is made available to the body.

Recently, an allicin-containing supplement (Allimax® Liquid and Capsules*) has demonstrated efficacy against herpes simplex type 1 and molluscum contagiosum infections.5

This 2001 survey was designed to determine whether a unique garlic supplement that contains only stabilized allicin could prevent colds in healthy volunteers.

The supplement chosen for study is the only product that claims to contain allicin as a starting material.

One hundred forty-six volunteers were randomized to receive a placebo or an
allicin-containing garlic supplement, one capsule daily, over a 12-week period
between November and February. They used a five-point scale to assess their
health and recorded any common cold infections and symptoms in a daily diary. The active-treatment group had significantly fewer colds than the placebo group (24 vs 65, P<.001). The placebo group, in contrast, recorded significantly more days challenged virally (366 vs 111, P<.005) and a significantly longer duration of symptoms (5.01 vs 1.52 days, P<.001). Consequently, volunteers in the active group were less likely to get a cold and recovered faster if infected. Volunteers taking placebo were much more likely to get more than one cold over the treatment period. An allicin-containing supplement can prevent attack by the common cold virus."
Thanks for this if you are still there. I was considering raw garlic for my angina but kept running into research funded by the Kyolic people who would like you to believe that real, actual garlic isn’t as good as their product.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals