Doxycycline For Weird Skin Issue Now Causing Oesophageal Pain

RawEel

Hi guys I would really appreciate your input and patience going through this post.

In July 2019, the abscess incision under my left arm started to inflame, the skin around it got itchy, and under the skin there was a little ball like a marble. I had removed the abscess two years back. I left it for 3 weeks, took Vitamin E, used some organic topical creams but nothing worked. I went on a course of Dioclav (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate) which reduced it a bit and then it came back. I finished a bottle of Allicin powder and went on a three week oregano oil course, and reduced fat intake, almost completely avoiding PUFA. The inflammation subsided completely and the incision returned to normal color. But the little marble was still there, and my left breast near the underarm has been sore/ tender since then and until now.

I started Progest E on December 12 and still on it until now, didn't reach maintenance dose yet but it has a helped with ton of things, including chronic/ recurring skin issues I had on face.

So after the antibiotic, garlic and oregano oil, the incision inflammation wasn't gone completely and it seemed like it continues to be triggered by something, it would turn a bit red and start burning. Then, I started getting these grayish brown patches under my other arm!!! They were itchy. These patches grew to cover my entire underarm completely. I did two more bottles of Allicin powder and then decided to start Doxycyline Hyclate 200mg per day, 100mg in the am and one in the pm - this was on February 15. The incision has gone back to normal, but not entirely, it's weird, it feels "active", and this armpit which only had the issue with the incision developed a couple of the greyish/brown dots that are sometimes itchy.

I've been in what feels like a continuous state of nausea since I started Doxy but it is actually helping. The armpit that had a full cover patch, is now showing clear skin patches, and the general intensity of the remaining is less, the color is faded and it doesn't itch/ there's no redness. But it is still there.

The underarm with the abscess incision has a couple of the dots still, they are itchy, the incision itself is not inflamed, but feels ... active. Still that marble under the skin ... tender breast.

At this point, I'm experiencing short episodes of oesophageal pain. And it feels like there's a pill stuck in my throat/ windpipe if you know what I mean, with a general background pain leading into the stomach.

Questions:

- Any suggestions for what to do for the skin/ abscess issue?

- Shall I stop Doxycylcine? If so, what would I do instead? If I continue on it, what can I do to be feeling ok? It seems I have to take it for another 2 months at this pace.

- What can I do now to heal the damage that has been done to my stomach and esophagus?

- How long can I remain on Doxy safely anyway? 200mg daily for almost 5 weeks now

Last edited:

boris

Doxycycline can be hard on the stomach. I had pain in my esophagus because I layed down in bed after taking it.

It works topically too. Maybe you can get prescribed a cream or solution.

Infarouge

I would consider getting an ozone injection at the abscess site. There are often residual infections that are difficult for antibiotics to reach in sufficient concentration. A locally administered intramuscular AB such as penicillin-g could also help.

Hi guys I would really appreciate your input and patience going through this post.

In July 2019, the abscess incision under my left arm started to inflame, the skin around it got itchy, and under the skin there was a little ball like a marble. I had removed the abscess two years back. I left it for 3 weeks, took Vitamin E, used some organic topical creams but nothing worked. I went on a course of Dioclav (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate) which reduced it a bit and then it came back. I finished a bottle of Allicin powder and went on a three week oregano oil course, and reduced fat intake, almost completely avoiding PUFA. The inflammation subsided completely and the incision returned to normal color. But the little marble was still there, and my left breast near the underarm has been sore/ tender since then and until now.

I started Progest E on December 12 and still on it until now, didn't reach maintenance dose yet but it has a helped with ton of things, including chronic/ recurring skin issues I had on face.

So after the antibiotic, garlic and oregano oil, the incision inflammation wasn't gone completely and it seemed like it continues to be triggered by something, it would turn a bit red and start burning. Then, I started getting these grayish brown patches under my other arm!!! They were itchy. These patches grew to cover my entire underarm completely. I did two more bottles of Allicin powder and then decided to start Doxycyline Hyclate 200mg per day, 100mg in the am and one in the pm - this was on February 15. The incision has gone back to normal, but not entirely, it's weird, it feels "active", and this armpit which only had the issue with the incision developed a couple of the greyish/brown dots that are sometimes itchy.

I've been in what feels like a continuous state of nausea since I started Doxy but it is actually helping. The armpit that had a full cover patch, is now showing clear skin patches, and the general intensity of the remaining is less, the color is faded and it doesn't itch/ there's no redness. But it is still there.

The underarm with the abscess incision has a couple of the dots still, they are itchy, the incision itself is not inflamed, but feels ... active. Still that marble under the skin ... tender breast.

At this point, I'm experiencing short episodes of oesophageal pain. And it feels like there's a pill stuck in my throat/ windpipe if you know what I mean, with a general background pain leading into the stomach.

Questions:

- Shall I stop Doxycylcine? If so, what would I do instead? If I continue on it, what can I do to be feeling ok? It seems I have to take it for another 2 months at this pace.

- What can I do now to heal the damage that has been done to my stomach and esophagus?

- How long can I remain on Doxy safely anyway? 200mg daily for almost 5 weeks now

Doxycycline was used for years on end.
1 and a half years for cutaneous sarcoidosis,as an example.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
@RawEel I took doxycycline for some gum problems and I had esophageal pain like you. Doxycycline increases stomach acid but I didn’t know that at the time. Can you use a topical version? That would bypass the stomach and go where it is needed.

Questions:

Diet History?
How would you and others describe your Health?