Garlic Protocol?

beachbum

Hello everyone,

I have been reading threads about gut issues and garlic ( well I put garlic in the search) and seen something called raw garlic shock & awe, what is it. I started crushing a clove and downing it with honey morning and night, actually tonight I just used water. I was planning on doing it possibly 3x a day. Are there different protocols? I actually didn't know some of you here where using garlic that way. One thing I can say for myself is when I take the garlic I get very hungry afterwards, I thought maybe it was the honey but it isn't the case taking it tonight with water.

Thank you
Beachbum

tara

What are you wanting to use it for?
I think theb0igpeatowski was tackling some serious gut dysbiosis, and used a lot - hence shock and awe.

Personally, I've been using some for a few months - I started when I got a cold, and then continued because I think my head (and tongue) feel a little clearer with it. I'm assuming it somewhat reduces bacteria levels in my gut, and so reduces endotoxin getting into my system. I think it is also somewhat anti-fungal, so knocking out some bacteria shouldn't result in fungal overgrowth while you take it (I suspect from previous experience that stopping may leave things a bit out of balance. )

My habit is 1 small clove chopped and added to my carrot salad every day or two.

I have not seen Peat recommend it - he's said it's as hard on the gut as on the bacteria.

OP
beachbum

beachbum

What are you wanting to use it for?
I think theb0igpeatowski was tackling some serious gut dysbiosis, and used a lot - hence shock and awe.

Personally, I've been using some for a few months - I started when I got a cold, and then continued because I think my head (and tongue) feel a little clearer with it. I'm assuming it somewhat reduces bacteria levels in my gut, and so reduces endotoxin getting into my system. I think it is also somewhat anti-fungal, so knocking out some bacteria shouldn't result in fungal overgrowth while you take it (I suspect from previous experience that stopping may leave things a bit out of balance. )

My habit is 1 small clove chopped and added to my carrot salad every day or two.

I have not seen Peat recommend it - he's said it's as hard on the gut as on the bacteria.

Hi Tara,

I'm using it for many reasons, mainly for antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and just for you all to know it does kill parasites, which ones I don't know. Now there are other good benefits. I read it supposedly helps antibodies (from my ANA and TITER test) which I do have. I have read that Epstein-Barr is a virus from Mononucleosis which I did have in high school. Garlic supposedly lowers/kills the viruses which ones I'm not sure. Also other good benefits as antioxidant and good for supposedly as an antinflammatory. I did read it supposedly increases testosterone, but not sure for progesterone and estrogen. If it does increase testosterone that would be a small down fall.

Bottomline is using it for gut issues which I personally believe is a big part of health problems. So far it is working pretty good.

If you know the raw garlic shock and awe please post the protocol if you can.

Thank you for your reply.
Beachbum

Last edited:

tara

Thanks Peata....I was desperate and so was willing to try ANYTHING. My diarrhea would go away for a bit and just when I thought I was done with it, it would start all over again. It got progressively worse with each passing month and I was feeling so defeated and depleted, I knew I had to take severe measures. Given my personal history of antibiotic use, I suspected that what ever sort of microbes I was hosting might be antibiotic resistant. The raw garlic was an easy and cheap way to test my theory. I took several cloves of raw organic garlic (close to 5 grams per dose) and pressed them with a garlic press into a small drinking glass, added a couple oz. of cold water and let it sit for a minimum of 15 minutes to let the enzymes develop. I drank this concoction (including eating the clove bits) three times a day for a week. It was brutal and I don't recommend it unless you are at your wits end. I had gut churning nausea, headaches, swollen lymph glands, itchy ears and fatigue for 4 days. I felt like I was coming down with the flu and thought that surely I had poisoned myself....TMI alert: What came out of me on day four was unlike any diarrhea I had previously experienced...and with that I suddenly felt better than I had in years. My depression lifted, my guts were calm and my stomach was flat. I had a mental clarity that I had not felt in as many years and I KNEW I was cured. Since then my energy has become steadily better with each passing day. No doubt due to my ability to ACTUALLY digest and assimilate nutrients from my food now.

My situation was extreme. I have scoured this website and others looking for someone who has actually had a ruptured appendix AND a long history of antibiotic use, I could find not find any fellow Peatians with similar gut issues. I understand that what I did was not part of a Peat type protocol, which is precisely why I am not recommending it. However, if it can help someone with SIBO or some sort of gut dysbiosis then I certainly want to pay it forward and share my personal experiment/experience.

I truly believe that anyone who struggles with a sluggish thyroid, has used antibiotics, birth control pills or other pharmaceuticals, experienced long term unrelenting stress or poor diet might suffer from a microbial imbalance.....just my two cents :2cents

You can find more about thebigpeatowski's garlic experience in her long thread.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals