Garlic- Peaty? Pros/Cons?

Broken man

Hello all, I found that garlic is very powerfull stuff which helped me more with my bowels than carrots. I am very happy that I tried it but I dont know if it could do some harm when taken long term. I am eating 1 raw clove before food because I found that it somehow increase my stomach acid and I am digesting very well.
The trick is that I am chewing it like a gum until its fully dissolved inside my mouth, best way how to activate enzymes. After this, I have no gas, digestion is like I was child, great bowels even I am eating alot of fibers which did me big problems. What do you think? I am only scared about nitric oxide but I really dont know.

Onion and garlic combo is effective against MRSA

Pros- better bowels
better digestion
B1
antibiotic
antifungal
prevent endotoxin release

Cons- Nitric oxide?

VIDEO: Are Happy Gut Bacteria Key to Weight Loss? – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Ray Peat, PhD on the Benefits of the Raw Carrot – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Last edited:

marcar72

I think garlic is very "Peaty" because of it's antibacterial and antifungal properties. The only downfall that comes to mind is one tends to smell like garlic a couple days after ingesting some, but I think that's a good thing as well. It seems to permeate all throughout the body. The only time I've used garlic is in a dish called Hamburger Hash . It really makes the dish ohhh, so good!

Luann

I like having a mug of beef stock now and then but something in the stock, probably the garlic makes my mouth taste so bad. I'm not a spices person really.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

I think garlic is very "Peaty" because of it's antibacterial and antifungal properties. The only downfall that comes to mind is one tends to smell like garlic a couple days after ingesting some, but I think that's a good thing as well. It seems to permeate all throughout the body. The only time I've used garlic is in a dish called Hamburger Hash . It really makes the dish ohhh, so good!
When you will search through this forum, alot of members noticed that after taking vit . B1 (thiamine), their smell like garlic so it could be good sign that you are saturated or have alot of it in your blood.

Sepulchrave

Garlic is a poison to spiritual progress. In India, practitioners of meditation avoid it. According to Ayurveda, it is not a sattvic food. It is said to have both health promoting and demonic qualities.

Garlic makes me super horny, full of perverse thoughts and unable to sit still and meditate. I can affirm from personal experience that garlic has demonic qualities.

dq139

It seems like garlic & onion heavy cuisines like Italian Japanese Greek ect. Live the longest. Garlic is also anti aromatase isn't it?..i notice if eaten with not enough carbs I get acid reflux tho. Very acidic

MrThyroid

garlic onion etc are one of best vegies ever increase cyp450 enzymes and detoxification

jet9

Hello all, I found that garlic is very powerfull stuff which helped me more with my bowels than carrots. I am very happy that I tried it but I dont know if it could do some harm when taken long term. I am eating 1 raw clove before food because I found that it somehow increase my stomach acid and I am digesting very well.
The trick is that I am chewing it like a gum until its fully dissolved inside my mouth, best way how to activate enzymes. After this, I have no gas, digestion is like I was child, great bowels even I am eating alot of fibers which did me big problems. What do you think? I am only scared about nitric oxide but I really dont know.

Onion and garlic combo is effective against MRSA

Pros- better bowels
better digestion
B1
antibiotic
antifungal
prevent endotoxin release

Cons- Nitric oxide?

VIDEO: Are Happy Gut Bacteria Key to Weight Loss? – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Ray Peat, PhD on the Benefits of the Raw Carrot – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
Are you still taking garlic with positive results?

"I am eating 1 raw clove before food"
- do you eat right after? or do you give it 5 min for garlic to digest?

thomas00

I doubt any improve digestion from eating garlic would last. Their high fructan content means a steady supply of food for the worst bacteria in the bowel. Same with onions. People who a lot of both of things smell bad too.

This question seems to come up a bit and the people asking it never seem to go to Ray's site and see what, if anything, he's mentioned about it in his articles:

Nutr Cancer 1988;11(4):251-7. Cytotoxicity of extracts of spices to cultured cells. Unnikrishnan MC, Kuttan R Amala Cancer Research Centre, Kerala, India. The cytotoxicity of the extracts from eight different spices used in the Indian diet was determined using Dalton's lymphoma ascites tumor cells and human lymphocytes in vitro and Chinese Hamster Ovary cells and Vero cells in tissue culture. Alcoholic extracts of the spices were found to be more cytotoxic to these cells than their aqueous extracts. Alcoholic extracts of several spices inhibited cell growth at concentrations of 0.2-1 mg/ml in vitro and 0.12-0.3 mg/ml in tissue culture. Ginger, pippali (native to India; also called dried catkins), pepper, and garlic showed the highest activity followed by asafetida, mustard, and horse-gram (native to India). These extracts also inhibited the thymidine uptake into DNA.

J Toxicol Sci 1984 Feb;9(1):77-86. [Mutagenicity and cytotoxicity tests of garlic]. [Article in Japanese] Yoshida S, Hirao Y, Nakagawa S Mutagenicity and cytotoxicity of fresh juice and alcohol extract from garlic were studied by Ames' test, Rec assay, Micronucleus test and the check of the influence to HEp 2 and chinese hamster embryo (CHE) primary cultured cells. No evidence of mutagenicity of these samples were observed in Ames' test and Rec assay, while there was dose dependent increase of micronucleated cells and polychromatocytes on the bone marrow cells of mice and chinese hamsters treated with garlic juice. There were severe damages, e.g. growth inhibition and morphological changes of both cultured cells due to garlic juice, but no or slightly cytotoxic signs were observed even in high concentration of garlic extract. A higher sensitivity to the cytotoxic effects of garlic was seen by the present findings with CHE primary cells than HEp 2 cell line.

Vegetables, etc.—Who Defines Food?

I think it's prudent to be wary of anything that tastes really astringent. Most of the time it turns out to be bad.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Are you still taking garlic with positive results?

"I am eating 1 raw clove before food"
- do you eat right after? or do you give it 5 min for garlic to digest?
I am not using it regularly now but for improving taste of food sometimes. I found that I dont need it anymore.

Astolfo

Garlic is really benefical to my gut problems a lot. It’s like a miracle. I wonder if one clove per day or per 2 day will make me bad.