CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

HELP! Shrinking The Tongue, Sleep Apnea, And Sublingual Steroids?

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by satsumass, Feb 9, 2019.

1. satsumass

satsumass Member

So I have sleep apnea, intolerant to full CPAP use, had surgery (MMA), helped a little bit, but even with significant weight loss my sleep is still bad. Another surgeon said it is definitely your tongue, the muscle is just too big for your mouth (upper/lower arches) and throat! He wants to cut it down to size.

I know the tongue is smooth muscle, smooth muscle (e.g., penis), is not supposed to grow in adulthood in response to any steroids. But endos and bodybuilders will agree that steroid abuse or long term high dose T can definitely cause/significantly worsen apnea through tissue growth. How to square this?

In any event, I've been on TRT, mostly physiological dosage, and a few weeks of oral steroids or higher doses of T over the past 10 years. I have gained 60lbs and lost 60lbs of fat AND a lot of muscle, twice. I have also used preg, DHEA, 11-ket0-DHT, androsterone sublingually.

So here are some questions:
    -- Is it possible that sublingual application of steroids could directly increase the size of the tongue, just like systemic use of testosterone?
    -- Does anyone have any experience with tongue size growth and sleep disordered breathing?
    -- If I wanted to take the risk away, should I stop using sublingual steroids, and which ones? Might some actually help?
    -- Could defibrin or another idealabs supplement help when used sublingually? Would the tongue be at risk of fibrosis which could increase the size?

Thank you! Hopefully others find this interesting and helpful thread as well.

2. Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

A prolonged fast would be the quickest way outside of surgery to shrink your bodies tissues, organs, muscles, and fat.

3. Surfari

Surfari Member

Have you tried any of the 'tongue stabilizing devices' ? If you google that term or 'antisnoring tongue' in Amazon you can check these out. They are odd to use - you stick your tongue in them and it suctions it out of your mouth, enough that your tongue does not fall backwards as you sleep. They're not expensive and might be worth trying.

Big picture - IIRC - RP connects large tongues to being hypothyroid.

My sister had surgery to reduce tongue size and it didn't help with her sleep apnea.

Good luck, not sleeping really sucks.

4. xeliex

xeliex Member

An enlarged tongue is recognized by some as a symptom of low thyroid.

A tongue too big for the mouth could also mean a small mouth cavity regardless of tongue size. Look for Dr. Mew on youtube.