Tinea Versicolor Treatment

OP
W

Warrior_

Also some people report relief / treatment of spots with the banana boat (kids) sunscreen.

Active ingredients are
Titanium Dioxide 3,1% and Zinc Oxide 4.0%

So do you guys think that can be a solution as well? I will check these ingredients for anti-fungal activity.

Djukami

@Djukami I did not find out a correlation between not eating eggs, and not having tinea versicolor yet.

However, I checked out the Selfhacked website and searched for tinea versicolor.

There seems to be a correlation with increased IL-6 (Interleukin-6) levels.

"IL-6 can also cause skin problems. When your natural skin fungus gets out of control the body attacks it with cytokines that include IL-6 (also IL-1b, TNF, IL-8), which recruits other aspects of the immune system (R). IL-6 is elevated in people with tinea versicolor, a skin fungus (R). IL-6 also increases Th22 cells, which disrupts skin microbial balance (R)."

..So maybe one with TV / Skin fungus overgrowth should focus on inhibiting Interleukin-6 or at least lowering it!?
Perhaps... But I'm not an expert, so I do not know how to do that.
Also some people report relief / treatment of spots with the banana boat (kids) sunscreen.

Active ingredients are
Titanium Dioxide 3,1% and Zinc Oxide 4.0%

So do you guys think that can be a solution as well? I will check these ingredients for anti-fungal activity.
You can share your attempts though.

A

Adnada

I also took care of tinea versicolor with Solban. It only took 3 applications for me!

OP
W

Warrior_

@a.squamosa thanks for asking!

Yeah, it´s still the same. Some areas are in a "lighter" color than the "normal" skin. So there is still depigmentation and also tiny little patches.

But I think the "untrained" eye can´t see it, but I can, and under some lights more clearly, not necessarily in the daytime / in sunlight.

So I go out, I go swimming, tanning, training with no shirt, no problem. ...... But I know its still not in the "right" condition.

So I guess the fungus itself is maybe dead, or very minimised, but the discoloration is still there.

However, I think the best way is probably to go to the doctor, to get a professional opion, and/or get some lotion, to get hopefully get rid of it completely.

I am using Solban almost daily on the skin, and it´s doing very little to nothing to the spots / areas.

A. squamosa

That's a shame the SolBan doesn't work - I wonder if it could be a different strain somehow? At least you've tried everything you can, I hope the doc works out! I hate that foaming solution stuff with a passion but at least it worked :wtf:

OP
W

Warrior_

@a.squamosa
How long does your skin stays "clean" after using the foaming solution? Did it ever come back after using this product / have you had to use it more often?
Any side effects?

What do you think is the root cause for TV and what do you think is the cause for yours?

A. squamosa

Hey, well you have to use it a few times a couple of weeks apart, which I did - it has come back after that, but then I just murder it with SolBan which keeps it under control.

No side effects I noticed, except pissing me off.

I think humidity was the cause of mine - it gets really humid in Sydney, Australia in Summer - and those parts of the body that sweat but don't get enough air to cool them down and dry out (think, upper inner thigh) seem to be those affected, for me. Perhaps the constant humidity upsets the balance of bacteria on the skin?

@a.squamosa
How long does your skin stays "clean" after using the foaming solution? Did it ever come back after using this product / have you had to use it more often?
Any side effects?

What do you think is the root cause for TV and what do you think is the cause for yours?

OP
W

Warrior_

Alright, thanks for your insights.

I am still using Solban or Niaserum almost everyday (2x) on affected areas. Discoloration is still there, so are some white spots, no itching, no redness, skin elsewhere (non-affected area) is great. Sun is gone now here, but it didn´t tan on those areas anyway or only lightly. So can´t use the sun for "treatment".

I´ve ordered NobleFormula Zinc Bar now, which has Pyrithione Zinc (ZnP) as an active ingredient against fungus. Does anyone have experience with it, and what the people here think about ZnP in general?

I do also have Terrasil anti-fungal cleansing bar on hand, but I´ve never used it, as I am unsure about the safety of ingredients.

See here:
Active: Thuja Occidentails 6X HPUS-antifungal Inactive: beeswax bentonite (volcanic clay) coconut oil glycerin jojoba seed oil lauric acid lavender oil magnesium oxide olive oil palm acid palm kernel acid pentasodium pentetate peppermint oil propylene glycol purified water silver oxide sodium stearate sorbitol shea butter sodium laureth sulphate (SLES) stearic acid sodium chloride sodium palmate sodium palm kernelate sorbitol tea tree oil titanium dioxide tetrasodium etidronate zinc oxide

Is it ok to use, or should I better don´t use it?

I´ve continued my research, and found out that tar-extract (shampoo) can treat tv. However, I am unsure about the safety as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals