More lipofuscin after being LOW PUFA for 2 years

JamesGatz

Do you know the state of your liver ? It sounds to me like your liver may be becoming chronically overwhelmed - I get this when I'm taking a lot of stuff in general and the liver can't keep up - I think liver health is extremely important

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Do you know the state of your liver ? It sounds to me like your liver may be becoming chronically overwhelmed - I get this when I'm taking a lot of stuff in general and the liver can't keep up - I think liver health is extremely important
I totally agree. I think lipofuscin has to come down to the liver health somehow.

But I don't have any knowledge about the state of my liver except being ultrasound 2 years ago - and they've seen nothing wrong with it at that point xd

But if my liver would be in a worse state than before - that would be much worse because I was PUFA free, lot's of fructose, glucose, fruits and saturated fats since than XD

OccamzRazer

The more I research it, the more I become convinced that very low PUFA isn't for everyone. It's definitely not for me.

@UG Krishnamurti have you been thin your whole life?

Many people who've never had much stored fat seem to burn out after a while on low-PUFA.

JamesGatz

I totally agree. I think lipofuscin has to come down to the liver health somehow.

But I don't have any knowledge about the state of my liver except being ultrasound 2 years ago - and they've seen nothing wrong with it at that point xd

But if my liver would be in a worse state than before - that would be much worse because I was PUFA free, lot's of fructose, glucose, fruits and saturated fats since than XD
I would try this - this is what saved my liver a while back when I had this issue a while back -

Lower fat intake (even saturated fat can end up overwhelming the liver in higher doses in my experimentation )

Reducing endotoxin load (after each meal I would eat something that cleans up the gut and reduces your endotoxin load - for me I eat a little bit of pineapple after each meal to clean up as sometimes the beta carotene from carrots is problematic)

Coffee + Taurine (this really helps when my liver is in trouble - this offers really good support)

More Gelatin can be helpful (the proteins I think in gelatin in general I think really help support the liver if i remember correctly)

Replacing more starch with fructose (I can tolerate starch ok but i think fructose helps the liver a lot - watermelon especially seems to have some great effects on my liver)

Avoiding excess beta-carotene (Cantaloupe, carrot salad, and sweet potatoes - stuff like this i think can be overwhelming to a compromised liver)

Not taking high dosages of many supplements (I find that taking a lot of things in general can be overwhelming to the liver - me personally I only take K2 in small doses - which i think helps the liver and a few other things but in very small doses is my point - large dosages of these things i think can be overwhelming)

Spreading out meals throughout the day (keeping a meal at least 4-5 hours apart from eating so your liver has time to recover and isn't working to death all the time)

JohnHafterson

Wouldn't be surprised if excess fructose is involved in lipofuscin

If you view the skin of high fructose consumers it can be leathery/glycated/etc in some people. Certainly if they're not consuming meat which has carnosine ( anti-glycation ) and taurine ( precursors or taurine itself ) both have anti-glycation anti-fructosylation anti-inflammatory overlap.

Taurine good for compensating for high fructose

Last edited:

RealNeat

It would be interesting to email Dr. Peat about this.

I think the most logical explanation is too much iron in the body reacting with liberated PUFA, remember it takes 2-4 years to actually deplete, so the PUFA depletion can't really be the problem, not unless you ate all hydrogenated or super low fats for the last 4 or so years.

The liver angle is likely as the glucuronidation may not be happening as it should, as Dr. Peat always emphasizes making sure temp and pulse is on point is important to know where you are with thyroid, hence your ability to sustain glycogen stores through the night and use that glycogen to fuel liver processes

The Vitamin D explanation could be tied to so called co factors. The imbalance of other fat soluble nutrients, especially A.

Vitmamin E is also not an excuse to eat more PUFA, as some people promote. It doesn't remove the PUFA only somewhat stabilizes it, but it will still have to be processed and eliminated either from adipose or circulation upon consumption/ exercise. Even processed oils still have their Vitamin E in tact, would you eat those? No.

If AGEs are forming as a result of sugar consumption then my first thought is that oxphos is not working as it should. This causes a low production of the anti glycative substance carbon dioxide. Getting a buildup of lactate is very damaging as we know.

Marcine

Here's my anecdotal info: I think it's more about estrogen to get moles. I discovered a giant mole on the side of my head. No idea how long it had been there. I applied iodine for about a month. I deplete estrogen with daily aspirin, coffee, etc. Last week half of the mole just came off like a scab. I don't have any other moles. Try aspirin, etc. I'm not sure about the iodine but I'm reapplying it again. I'm not at all certain of the pufa argument. At 66 I live in proximity to many many people older than me, some of which avoid sugar or are vegan and they are covered in age spots and doing just fine into their 80's. They drink and or smoke dope too so I think there is way more involved than avoiding and depleting pufa.

akgrrrl

As I read all these valuable suggestions. I see that none of them fit into my explosion yet. I am moderate in all these areas, ie, never overwhelm with the supps, always cycle in and out to let organs rest, was low pufa for years before I went ex low the last 2, not excessive on the oj maybe 2 qts a month, etc.
Very confusing, but mostly sad while in otherwise amazing state of good health.

akgrrrl

Has anyone tried dimethylaminoethanol for getting rid of age spots?
I started using IdeaLabs Melanon, timeconsuming trying to paint the darkest largest splats drop by drop...but I guess I would have thought that my fresh salmon consumption would have covered me on that. Guess not.

RealNeat

I started using IdeaLabs Melanon, timeconsuming trying to paint the darkest largest splats drop by drop...but I guess I would have thought that my fresh salmon consumption would have covered me on that. Guess not.
Sorry what do you mean by fresh salmon consumption covering you? Do you mean covering your purpose for using MelaNon the flavonoid supplement? I don't want to state the obvious here but fresh salmon has a considerable amount of HUFA.

K

Kayaker

There are some lowfat nonshellfish-fish that could be healthy to eat considering nutrients like selenium, but I'm unsure of Peat's opinion about them.

akgrrrl

Sorry what do you mean by fresh salmon consumption covering you? Do you mean covering your purpose for using MelaNon the flavonoid supplement? I don't want to state the obvious here but fresh salmon has a considerable amount of HUFA.
Dimethylaminolethanol which Doc Sandoz refers to in the above post is in the salmon I eat. Salmon that is tested for pufa which you refer to, is perhaps not the same salmon species to which I have access.

Attachments

• 20210725_170722.jpg
    20210725_170722.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 22

Apple

2 years ago I started being almost fruitarian [medical medium style]. Eating tons of fruits and developed 1 lipofuscin mole on my stomach. I did that diet for 6 months and than switched to Ray Peat. So very low PUFA for 2 years now.

Today I've developed about 20 lipofuscin moles on my face and skin.

For the previous months I've been using 2g of VIT E, 45mg K2, progesterone [12-24mg] and thyroid [1/4 cynomel the last 10 days ] and still managed to develop ANOTHER ONE TODAY - ON MY FACE.

I don't eat a lot of Iron. I eat meat 2-4 times a week and liver once a week. Meats always for dinner. Oysters, milk, cheese, fruits, OJ.

Most of the lipofuscin moles on my face started appearing only 3 months ago when I used high doses of VIT D3 [D3 THREAD] . I still haven't recovered from that.
But the ones on my stomach areas were there before D3.

What is the deal with that?!

Do you consume lots of coffee?
I'm not anti coffee , but it can be a suspect
Caffeine reduces collagen synthesis in human cultured skin fibroblasts.

OP
UG Krishnamurti
Doesn't make any sence ....lipofuscin (the age-pigmen) at 31 ?
Yeah probably more like brown spots/skin discoloration. - I couldn't edit the post but I did mentioned I think in the 2nd comment.

They seem like they are moles. Brown moles. I think most of them came after being exposed to the sun [ and not that much at all ] in the past 2 years.

Mauritio

Dimethylaminolethanol which Doc Sandoz refers to in the above post is in the salmon I eat. Salmon that is tested for pufa which you refer to, is perhaps not the same salmon species to which I have access.
How much PUFA has your special salmon ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals