(HELP) Pregnancy Troubles

Luis_Marrafon

Hey,

My wife got pregnant 2 months ago and now I am concerned about what should she not take.

She is on a "Peat's diet" since november 2021.

After pregnancy, she is having issues to digest milk.

Overall, she eats milk, OJ, potatoes, fruits, white rice, sugar, fish, red meat, liver, bread, eggs and othe stuff, and avoid PUFA, etc.

And she is also taking D3, Energin, Vit K, Camu camu, Aspirin, type 1 collagen, Vit E, oyster calcium, magnesium bicarbonate water.

Do you have any clue why is she having trouble to digest milk? (A year or more ago, she had the same problem, but since she started peating, the problem disapeared. Now, with the pregnancy, it seems like it's back somehow)

Also, do you have any recomendations about what to eat or not to eat?

Thank you :))

Hey,

My wife got pregnant 2 months ago and now I am concerned about what should she not take.

Overall, she eats milk, OJ, potatoes, fruits, white rice, sugar, fish, red meat, liver, bread, eggs and othe stuff, and avoid PUFA, etc.

And she is also taking D3, Energin, Vit K, Camu camu, Aspirin, type 1 collagen, Vit E, oyster calcium, magnesium bicarbonate water.

Do you have any clue why is she having trouble to digest milk? (A year or more ago, she had the same problem, but since she started peating, the problem disapeared. Now, with the pregnancy, it seems like it's back somehow)

I know having a first child is scary and you want to do everything right. Don't fight her body, just go with it. If she isn't feeling good on milk switch to cheese. Her seeming intolerance to milk may just be a chain reaction to the added suppliments in her diet since pregnancy, which I would caution against. Let good quality food be your vitamins, and don't take supplemental iron as Ray Peat warns against. I think it would behoove you to read through my "No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick" thread. There is a good collection of information there to steer you and your child away from harm.

Beastmode

Hey,

If she's able to eat all that, I don't see much of an issue.

Also, every pregnancy is different in which certain foods might not agree with them. Plus, if she's only 2 months in, she's still in that 1st trimester where things tend to shift when going into the 2nd.

As long as she's well nourished with food, hydration, rest and stress free living it's a massive plus.

I'd be weary with all those supplements. During pregnancy, especially, you don't want to play with that. Vitamin D, aspirin and vitamin k seem ok from that list. Progesterone is massively important during this time. The transition b/n the 1st and 2nd trimester requires a lot of progesterone for that transition.

OP
L

Luis_Marrafon

I know having a first child is scary and you want to do everything right. Don't fight her body, just go with it. If she isn't feeling good on milk switch to cheese. Her seeming intolerance to milk may just be a chain reaction to the added suppliments in her diet since pregnancy, which I would caution against. Let good quality food be your vitamins, and don't take supplemental iron as Ray Peat warns against. I think it would behoove you to read through my "No Wonder Babies Are Always Sick" thread. There is a good collection of information there to steer you and your child away from harm.

Thank you!

OP
L

Luis_Marrafon

Also, every pregnancy is different in which certain foods might not agree with them. Plus, if she's only 2 months in, she's still in that 1st trimester where things tend to shift when going into the 2nd.

As long as she's well nourished with food, hydration, rest and stress free living it's a massive plus.

I'd be weary with all those supplements. During pregnancy, especially, you don't want to play with that. Vitamin D, aspirin and vitamin k seem ok from that list. Progesterone is massively important during this time. The transition b/n the 1st and 2nd trimester requires a lot of progesterone for that transition.
Thanks!

Michael Mohn

In pregnancy especially the first trimester the mother's immune system can go wild, adapting to the new organism, your child. Some foods might be too much then. Eating enjoyable foods only is important. Having a wide choice of foods, maybe not every day and trying new things can help.

OP
L

Luis_Marrafon

In pregnancy especially the first trimester the mother's immune system can go wild, adapting to the new organism, your child. Some foods might be too much then. Eating enjoyable foods only is important. Having a wide choice of foods, maybe not every day and trying new things can help.
Thanks!

OP
L

Luis_Marrafon

Hey, do you know if methylene blue can cause any harm?

"Marian Diamond's work with rats clearly showed that increased exposure to estrogen during pregnancy reduced the size of the cerebral cortex and the animals' ability to learn, while progesterone increased the brain size and intelligence. Zamenhof's studies suggested that these hormones probably have their effects largely through their actions on glucose, though they also affect the availability of oxygen in the same way, and have a variety of direct effects on brain cells that would operate toward the same end.

If Katherina Dalton's patients' IQs averaged 130, instead of the expected 85, the potential social effects of proper health care during pregnancy are enormous.

But there is evidence that healthy gestation affects more than just the IQ. Strength of character, ability to reason abstractly, and the absence of physical defects, for example, are strongly associated with weight at birth." -Ray Peat

OP
L

Luis_Marrafon

I wouldn't try new things on an unborn child. Just feed your woman very her well and heed Ray Peat's warning to avoid iron suppliments.
Actually, I'm not trying new things. All of that has been done before her pregnancy, all the supplements and the diet. I want to know if I should stop something.

Beastmode

Hey, do you know if methylene blue can cause any harm?
I wouldn't mess with that. Especially with a pregnant woman.

Move away from the supplements and more towards quality whole foods, etc as a mindset and you'll be of great service to your lady and unborn child.

Actually, I'm not trying new things. All of that has been done before her pregnancy, all the supplements and the diet. I want to know if I should stop something.
I meant on the baby. What works for us adults isn't necessarily the same in developing fetuses. Forgive my trepidation, I am just so leary of suppliments even for my full grown self. As with anybody on this forum or anyone else for that matter, take what i say with a grain of salt and decide for yourself. Knowledge is power and you are wise to collect as much data as you can in this matter. You are proving yourself a good father already!